Sign in to follow this  
loosebruce

OA - Music Addon "Operation Arrowbent"

arma2logo.png

Hey all,

I have created a nice music addon for Operation Arrowhead to replace the music BIS created for it. The music I feel fits the game more and adds to the experience. I would highly recommend you replay the OA campaign after downloading this.

Each track has been replaced including menu music.

This was just a fun project to pass the time for a few hours and to improve my config skills, I do not intend to invest any more time in this as I have bigger priorities with other stuff.

Would recommend campaign missions: 2, 6 and 8. :)

I hope you enjoy

===========

=Installation=

===========

Like most sane mod makers I would recommend you use the addons folder method.

Extract to your ArmA 2 directory and add "-mod=@arrowbent"

This has only been tested on Arma 2 Joint Operations, however it should work on all versions of OA (retail, steam, expansion).

Depending on what setup; if it doesn't work you will have to fiddle around with the folder structure.

I have structured it this way as it is what works for me:

Arma 2\@arrowbent\expansion\addons

however you might have to try

Arma 2\@arrowbent\addons

==========

=Download=

==========

Mediafire

========

=Credits=

========

Deadfast - guidance on config

Mark XIII - guidance

==========

=Disclaimer=

==========

This addon is purely for educational purposes only and is not intended for commercial use.

Edited by loosebruce

What sort of music is this replacing with? Licensed tracks? Royalty free music?

What sort of music is this replacing with? Licensed tracks? Royalty free music?

Its kosher, in theory.

How so? I wanna know what tracks are in it, heh

How so? I wanna know what tracks are in it, heh

Download it then :P

I swear on St Andrew's name that its all good, you will not be dissapointed.

Yeeah... You won't be dissapointed. Just downloaded... It's simply amazing - it sounds like real, mean war "game" should...

And for all who still not belive - I'm serious - it's awsome...

Modern Warfares 1 and 2, eh.

eh_quest.jpg

:D

Anyways, I dont like the idea of replacing any original BIS content that much, so I'll skip. :)

:D

Anyways, I dont like the idea of replacing any original BIS content that much, so I'll skip. :)

It doesnt replace it simply overrides, when you put the parameter into your arma 2 OA shortcut. To get the old BIS music back just remove the parameter from your shortcut or launcher. :)

Edited by loosebruce

Love this.

What you said was exactly right: Bis have done better with the music this time, but much of it is still too jangly and jolly to suit the action.

I have CO, but I couldn't get this to run using mod-folders at all. I find this odd since all previous posters seem to have had no difficulties at all. I had to temporarily remove music_e.pbo and replace it with arrowbent (not a recommended solution).

I'm well aware of which folder it needed to go in and tried multiple other ways of getting it to work, including trying a launcher application. Oh well.

Thanks for the work.

'For educational purposes', of course:bb:.

It's just COD4 and MW2 songs...

Why not call it the "Call of Duty Music Replacement", or something? :confused:

I have CO, but I couldn't get this to run using mod-folders at all. I find this odd since all previous posters seem to have had no difficulties at all. I had to temporarily remove music_e.pbo and replace it with arrowbent (not a recommended solution).

That would be because he has the mod folder set up so that the pbo is located in \expansion\addons\ for some reason, rather than just \addons\. Easily fixable yourself.

Edited by Zipper5

I have "requires music_e" issue, I added it as per the mod directory structure (@arrowbent\expansion\addons), then I moved the pbo in into "addons" only IE:

@arrowbent/addons/arrowbent.pbo .. same thing.

I have combined ops and both ways wont work ?

Edited by mrcash2009

Using combined ops remover for the sake of some in-game music I think I will pass :)