Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

cB Random House Position and Patrol

Download here - http://creobellum.org/node/167

Summary:

This mission is to demonstrate the use of the Random House Position and Patrol script, based on Tophe of Östgöta Ops Random Building Position Script v1.0. They sometimes fall off the roof, but hey its Zargabad after all.Four units will perform the four parameters of the script, that is random position within 10m, random position within specified distance, patrol within specified position and patrol within specified position with custom wait time. Use the radio commands for teleport and camera functions.

Usage:

Drop a unit and place the following in their INIT.

Move unit or object to random house position within 10m

0 = [this] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_HousePos.sqf";

Move unit or object to random house position within 50m

0 = [this, 50] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_HousePos.sqf";

Patrol unit to random house positions within 50m with a maximum wait time 300 sec between positions

0 = [this, 50, true] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_HousePos.sqf";

Patrol unit to random house positions within 50m with a maximum wait time 600 sec between positions

0 = [this, 50, true, 600] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_HousePos.sqf";

Parameters:

- the object

- the building search radius

- the patrol flag

- the maximum random wait time in seconds between patrols

Created by: (AEF)Wolffy.au [CTB]

Thanks to:

Random Building Position Script v1.0 by Tophe of Östgöta Ops

Visit us a http://creoBellum.org

Change Log:

V0.3

Added - Move inanimate objects

v0.2

Fixed - Parameters divide by Zero error

v0.1

Initial release

Edited by Wolffy.au

Thx for the update!

Put it on our scripts section at Assault Mission Studio.

dlicon.gif

Random House Position and Patrol by (AEF)Wolffy.au [CTB]

Can you place this in the leader of a group init and it work for all of the units in the group like UPSMON or do you have to place them in every unit like HousePatrol? Wouldn't it help out with resources if you can activate it for a whole group with one init call from the group leader rather than having every individual unit make init call.

Edited by Cytreen

Wolffy this looks awesoem. I have a question though. If I make ~150 armed civilians across all of Takistan to use this script - would that be a pretty extreme performance hit?

Can you place this in the leader of a group init and it work for all of the units in the group like UPSMON or do you have to place them in every unit like HousePatrol? Wouldn't it help out with resources if you can activate it for a whole group with one init call from the group leader rather than having every individual unit make init call.

At the moment, the move command is set directly to the unit. Not sure if it will send the whole group or not. I'll have to try it - its an easy fix, just have to command the group instead of the individual.

Wolffy this looks awesoem. I have a question though. If I make ~150 armed civilians across all of Takistan to use this script - would that be a pretty extreme performance hit?

Hard to say - depends on a lot of factors. Are they in groups of more than 1? You may want to use AI Unit Caching script (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=97372), which will help reduce the load.

The other thing to note is that all 150 units will try to count all the building positions in the range, all at once when the mission first starts - that will be a serious performance hit until its completed.

Really great script! Means you MUST check every window and doorway during CQB, excellent and deadly.

Some thoughts about snipers, AA and RPG soldiers:

Might there be a way of automatically detecting, snipers and RPG soldiers and getting them to move to the most advantageous positions? The highest or most concealed.

Getting RPG gunners to attempt to move to the highest points in a building (rooftops) on detection of opposing vehicles or aircraft?

Something I noticed about the heirarchy of building positions is that the higher the # the higher in the building they are, (which would make sense, well, at least they are in Arrowhead), so on detection of, say, a truck passing, the RPG gunner's 'building patrol routes' are temporarily limited to those between #10 to #30.

What are your thoughts?

E

Edited by Electricleash

Its a good idea, and probably not that hard to implement - I just need to find the time to do it.

I am in the middle of another script called SniperHigh, which locates the highest position within 50m and moves there. Problem is, they don't really target very well, often looking inside the building by default. Once I've worked that bit out, you can use that script for your AA, RPG and Snipers.

Biggest issue I'm seeing with this as well as Tophe's original house patrol script at the moment, is the rather frustrating tendency for the AI to eventually walk of the roof. By the time we get to the objective, often most if not all the occupants are dead bodies on the ground due to this....

I'm currently using a hacked version of Tophe's to simply place AI at random static locations throughout buildings to ensure the AI still present a challenge when we arrive.

Great script though!

Edit:

After Mazillas post below, did a bit more testing.

Not actually sure if its the roof they are falling off now. I think a few (many?) buildings have internal holes in them. Building used for testing is in Nagagra, specifically 0306 0993 (takistan) immediately SW of main intersection. Fill this building with guys using either Wollffys or Tophe's script, speed it up, and watch, after awhile, you'll see bodies mounting either side of the central building component, the one that is essentially a ground flour archway (has a red banner above the arch on east side). Careful observation will show you the AI literally walking through the first floor walls (not roof!) and dying....

I have seen this on a number of other buildings (as corpses, not the actual wall walking)

hmmm BI?

Edited by gnarly_rider
Update

Biggest issue I'm seeing with this as well as Tophe's original house patrol script at the moment, is the rather frustrating tendency for the AI to eventually walk of the roof. By the time we get to the objective, often most if not all the occupants are dead bodies on the ground due to this....

I'm currently using a hacked version of Tophe's to simply place AI at random static locations throughout buildings to ensure the AI still present a challenge when we arrive.

Great script though!

This one does it as well? I haven't seen that yet, I'll have to double check my mission.