Sign in to follow this  
pstennisace

OA compatible with 1.07?

hey guys i just downloaded the new patch for Arma 2, 1.07 i believe. how will this affect OA when i install it? im curious, do they both have different versions? help! haha thanks guys

if you have oa installed, and patched ut to 1.52, your arma exe would be @ 1.07 allready.

I do not see any problems. I haven even installed 1.07 before installed OA and OA comes with patch 1.06 but OA recognized the newer patch.

I don't think I phrased it right. I currently have arma 2 version 1.07, buy have not installed OA yet. Will OA and arma work together despite the different versions??

I don't think I phrased it right. I currently have arma 2 version 1.07, buy have not installed OA yet. Will OA and arma work together despite the different versions??
No, you will have two separate executables after OA install. You cant play OA content in ArmA II or connect to OA multiplayer games with ArmA II.

when i installed OA it told me that the Arma2 install (with 1.07) was newer.

what does that mean?

does it mean that there is no need to install the 1.52 patch?

when i installed OA it told me that the Arma2 install (with 1.07) was newer.

what does that mean?

does it mean that there is no need to install the 1.52 patch?

OA comes with ArmA2 1.06 patch. If you have 1.07 already it won't install the 1.06.

OA 1.52 patch comes with ArmA2 1.07 patch and even if you have 1.07 already installed, you still need to patch OA. So download and install the patch even if you have ArmA2 1.07.

OA version and ArmA2 version are 2 separate things. They are 2 different applications.

Okay, so what go I do If I want to run OA content in arma 2 And vice versa? Go back to an older patch?

No. If you have installed OA into ArmA2, you now have the option to start your original Arma2 from OA .exe or from your original Arma2 .exe. If you start from the ArmA2 .exe then it will be as if you had never installed OA. You will play as before and only have access to ArmA2 original content in the game. If however you start the game from the OA .exe you will have access to the new content that comes with OA and also be able to access the content from ArmA2 original. As long as you have downloaded the latest patches for ArmA2 and OA you wont have to worry about going back to older patches. All this sounds way more complicated than it is.

If you install OA into arma2 folder you should get the ARMA 2 Combined Operations shortcut which is obviously both games.

ohhh killer, thank you! also, if I have ACE 2 mod for all of my arma 2 content, when I start up OA, will my original ARMA 2 stuff still have the ACE 2 effects?

ohhh killer, thank you! also, if I have ACE 2 mod for all of my arma 2 content, when I start up OA, will my original ARMA 2 stuff still have the ACE 2 effects?

Your ace2 stuff will still be there in ArmA2 .exe and the option to run Ace2 under expansion in the OA menu will also be there. Whether or not it would work in OA is another matter. I dont know if its been made fully compatible yet. (I don't think it has but I cant be certain as I don't have Ace 2 installed.).

Edited by Killerwatt

Nope, ACE is not fully compatible with OA yet. I've tried it, but there were more bugs than benefits, so it's recommended to disable ACE until it's been updated for Arrowhead.

My OA came pre-packaged with 1.07 for ArmA 2, so it is a good idea to update it. It's a little fiddly to get them working together if you have them in separate directories though. Either way, you get left with 2 .exe files, one for ArmA 2 and one for Arrowhead. When you setup the target line correctly, you use the one for Arrowhead to launch both together.