Sign in to follow this  
IndeedPete

OA AAN Overlay

How do you terminate the overlay? When my mission starts it is still on the screen.

How do you terminate the overlay? When my mission starts it is still on the screen.
2999 cuttext ["","plain"];
3000 cuttext ["","plain"];

3000 is for the AAN news Overlay. But 2999...i don't know exactly. Seen in the aanTV.sqf at first mission intro.

:rolleyes:

Very helpful information.

Edited by verde13

Fix the image size plz, besides that: awesome =)

I know this doesn't have anything to do with this but haha nice avatar. I got the same one :D

I've posted a demo mission which shows the AAN overlay in use during an intro.

No overlay showing on the intro for me either.

Am I missing a update patch that adds this or something ?

I'm playing with the boxed version of ArmA 2 OA

No overlay showing on the intro for me either.

Am I missing a update patch that adds this or something ?

I'm playing with the boxed version of ArmA 2 OA

You're playing it as a Single Player Scenario right? If you've unpbo'd it and put it in the Editor you'll have to change "Mission" to "Intro" in the top right corner then preview. It won't work at all with MPMissions though.

You're playing it as a Single Player Scenario right? If you've unpbo'd it and put it in the Editor you'll have to change "Mission" to "Intro" in the top right corner then preview. It won't work at all with MPMissions though.

Yes, I unpbo'd it, put the folder in my missions folder, opened it in the editor, chose intro and previewed it, and no overlay come on the screen.

That's really odd. I just tested both my editor version and a freshly downloaded and extracted version and in both cases it worked.

Since I had CBA running it totally and completely ruined the effect by blackoutcrediting the first few seconds of the intro, followed by just some black bars from the camera effect, but after a few seconds the overlay finally loaded.

When the intro starts it's showing the news reporter waving her arms around, but it seems to miss the first lot of what she's meant to be saying, as the first sentance that come on the screen is "where czech forces have just arrived" , so it's totally missing this first line ["""This is Tits McGee reporting from Zargabad""",0,.84,5,1] spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

I can watch the whole intro and nothing happens.

Is very strange, at least I know I'm not the only one.

the initIntro.sqf, does that get executed at the start automatically like a normal Init.ext then in an intro ?

I have just been playing around with the scene.sqf and I inserted a 5 second pause just after cam creation......

; intro music

playMusic "EP1_Track03";

titleCut [" ", "BLACK IN", 5]

_camera = "camera" camCreate [0,0,0]

_camera cameraEffect ["internal", "back"]

~5

It now starts, then shows the camera in the middle of barren land for the 5 seconds, then switches to the reporter, and now it does print up "This is tits whoever reporting", but still no overlay ?

Edited by Koni

Yes, it does. It might be a system resource thing maybe? I've got a pretty decent PC and a nice graphics card and the models don't really fully render till the SOV vehicle is turning the corner. Silly Zargabad. :(

It could be my PC then, I was wondering wether it could be load issues, my card isn't too bad, Geforce 9800 GT but the rest is poor, duel 2.13ghz, 2gig ram and some hardware fault that I cannot work out whats wrong that causes the system to run at half speed for a while after turning it on, then everything freezes for a second or 2 then works propperly, untill I restart and it's the same again, lol

but even without the fault being present I never get the overlay.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Got it working.

Since My system seemed to be missing the process of loading it on time, I called it later on in the scene.sqf

; intro music

playMusic "EP1_Track03";

~5

; Simulate reporting

["""This is Tits McGee reporting from Zargabad""",0,.84,5,1] spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext

;=== Camera viewing girl

_camera camPrepareTarget [2881.44,-95771.59,-41.58]

_camera camPreparePos [4005.77,4219.06,1.70]

_camera camPrepareFOV 0.700

_camera camCommitPrepared 0

@camCommitted _camera

[] exec "initintro.sqf";

; Start her animations.

girl playMove "CwmnPerc_diskuse8";

~7

now the overlay starts a few seconds into the scene :D

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Calling from this possition is the earliest it will work, but works perfectly on time

; intro music

playMusic "EP1_Track03";

~5

[] exec "initintro.sqf";

; Simulate reporting

["""This is Tits McGee reporting from Zargabad""",0,.84,5,1] spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext

;=== Camera viewing girl

@camCommitted _camera

; Start her animations.

~7

Just seems like the slower computers need a time delay for the whole thing to work.

Never had this before on any other islands\maps, must be something to do with Zagrbad or whatever it's called, never used it yet :)

Sorry for digging this up. But I'm fumbling for some time now to get the overlay to be removed at a certain point of my camscript.:confused:

How can I disable the initintro.sqf from a certain point that displays the AAN overlay. I need the overlay removed at a certain point of my camscript.

any help is really appreciated.

thanks in advance

Edited by nettrucker

stick this line in your scene script where you want the overlay to turn off...

I'd tried that earlier during a test and kept getting a "Resource not found" error.

Edit: I'm a moron, I'd used cutRsc. :)

Edited by kylania

Thanks worked like a charm.:D

kind regards

silly question maybe, but how do i turn off the darn thing :D i have a cutscene and when it ends i want the news thingy to dissapear but it just stays there as i run around zargabad =(

I just put

sleep xx;

into my init.sqf XX being the time it needed for all of the info in the ticker to show from the start up, seemed to work rather easily.

Koni,

I put the following code into my scene.sqs file:

; intro music
playMusic "EP1_Track03";

~5

; Simulate reporting

;=== Camera viewing girl
@camCommitted _camera

[] exec "initintro.sqf";

; Start her animations.
~7

The mission in Zargabad starts with a shot of the desert, then goes to the AAN news overlay. However, the overlay only lasts for a few short seconds. Is that correct?

The overlay should stay on until you turn it off, I'm a little rusty, not edited Arma2 for a while.

Are you calling another scene after you have called the overlay ?, if so then the new scene will probably terminate it.

This is one of my scenes that contains the overlay...

Start of scene...

titlecut [" ","BLACK Out",2]

~2

titlecut ["","BLACK IN",2]

~0

title = parsetext "<t size='2.3'>BREAKING NEWS</t><br />Mass shootings in Krasnostav";

scroll = parsetext "..............................*Goverment talks with Serbian Leaders hits deadlock - Civil unrest breaks out across Chernarus - Serbian Council declare full Independance*.";

nul = [title,scroll] spawn BIS_fnc_AAN;

\\\That starts the overlay///

I then have lots of camera shots and display text changing and animations, but when I want to end the overlay I use...

in the scene script where I want it to end...

Hope this helps.

Koni

By "calling another scene", do you mean a line of code in one of the script files or something in the in-game mission editor? No other scene is played after the news report, it just cuts off abruptly.

Whats in the initintro.sqf file ? the AAN overlay information, as there's nothing for the AAN otherwise in that bit of code.

I could be really getting the wrong end of the stick... been working nights, no sleep for nearly 30hrs, lol

If you include the info for the overlay within the same camera scene script you wont have a problem, like this

; intro music

playMusic "EP1_Track03";

~5

title = parsetext "<t size='2.3'>BREAKING NEWS</t><br />Mass shootings in Krasnostav";

scroll = parsetext "..............................*Government talks with Serbian Leaders hits deadlock - Civil unrest breaks out across Chernarus - Serbian Council declare full Independance*.";

; Simulate reporting

;=== Camera viewing girl

@camCommitted _camera

; Start her animations.

~7

etc etc...

then you'd need...

in the scene code where you want it to turn off.

IE;

; intro music

playMusic "EP1_Track03";

~5

scroll = parsetext "..............................*Government talks with Serbian Leaders hits deadlock - Civil unrest breaks out across Chernarus - Serbian Council declare full Independance*.";

; Simulate reporting

;=== Camera viewing girl

@camCommitted _camera

; Start her animations.

~7

titlecut [" ","BLACK Out",1]

~1

titlecut ["","BLACK IN",2]

Player cameraEffect ["terminate","back"]

camDestroy _camera

end "END1";

Edited by Koni

Got it also working, but does someone allready know how to loop "scroll = parsetext"?

Edit: I can always keep typing :p

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

Not that I know of.

To keep the ticker tape scrolling I just have a heafty block of the same text over and over that will last long enough for the scene.