Sign in to follow this  
russkly

Boot Camp - Spacebar issue

I've already posted this in the OA Bugs thread, but just to see if there's a simple solution to this problem, I'll try here too:

On many occasions during the OA part of Boot Camp (not the original Arma II Boot Camp missions) the instructions tell me to press Space to continue, but this simply brings up the Communications menu and does not advance the mission.

I have discovered that sometimes having the "Gear" box open allows this to work, but in some missions like Driving I'm left stuck in the Hummer with no way to do anything.

Have tried re-mapping the Spacebar, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

R

I have had the same issue but it seemed to only happen when I revisited a previously completed or partially completed scenario/task. There was no way to continue so I tried another scenario/task from the boot camp list and the space bar worked. When i returned to the partially completed task the space bar still would not be recognized and opened the communications menu.

Sorry that I don't have the answer but it must be comforting to know your not the only one dealing with this issue. Not sure if it matters but it was the Basic Helicopter training that seemed to be bugged.

I look forward to a resolve as well.

Thx, Hajimoto.

Minor comfort indeed!

Anybody else have this problem?

R

yeah, have this same problem myself :(

very annoying !

OK.

So, only 3 people experience this problem (well, 3 people, who are active in this forum at least).

So, either users aren't bothering with OS boot camp (probably because it's basically the same as Arma II but with different terrain); or only 3 people have settings/driver issues that prevent the spacebar from performing the function it is supposed to in the boot camp scenarios.

If the latter, I guess it's not worth looking into.

R

OK.

So, only 3 people experience this problem (well, 3 people, who are active in this forum at least).

So, either users aren't bothering with OS boot camp (probably because it's basically the same as Arma II but with different terrain); or only 3 people have settings/driver issues that prevent the spacebar from performing the function it is supposed to in the boot camp scenarios.

If the latter, I guess it's not worth looking into.

R

Hi.

Try to make a new player profile in arma, then restart and make sure the new player profile is active. Then try do the boot camp from beginning.

Just an idea :)

Hi.

Try to make a new player profile in arma, then restart and make sure the new player profile is active. Then try do the boot camp from beginning.

Just an idea :)

Thx for the idea, MJK-Ranger.

I don't think I could face going through boot camp again, lol.

R

same here..i'm also experiencing this problem.

If anybody has found a solution (except making a new profile)

then please post it here!

thanks in advance

same here..i'm also experiencing this problem.

If anybody has found a solution (except making a new profile)

then please post it here!

thanks in advance

Hi.

Not sure if this gonna help, just an idea :)

Try to find your Arma2 OA profile. Mine are located in two places:

c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\ArmA 2\ <----- here is your default profile that ArmA makes first time you start ArmA2/OA. If you make a new profile then it is located here:

c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\

OK... if you haven't make any new profile then you have to find the file XXXXXX.ArmA2OAProfile in c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\ArmA 2\

The XXXXX is are your windows user, arma2/oa use that one as default.

Now, make a backup of the file, then edit the file and delete everything on it.

Then start the game, it will add all the info again.

If you have made a new profile, it will be located at c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\

There you will find your profile. Enter you profile and edit YOURGAMEPROFILE.ArmA2OAProfile, but make a copy of it first, then delete everything in the file.

Then start your arma2:oa

Not really sure if this gonna work, but just an idea :)

I have encountered the same issue in the attack helo part of bootcamp. only there though. it occurs after flying through the waypoints, halting in a small canyon.

every other BC misison had the spacebar thing working just fine...

Hi.

Not sure if this gonna help, just an idea :)

Try to find your Arma2 OA profile. Mine are located in two places:

c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\ArmA 2\ <----- here is your default profile that ArmA makes first time you start ArmA2/OA. If you make a new profile then it is located here:

c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\

OK... if you haven't make any new profile then you have to find the file XXXXXX.ArmA2OAProfile in c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\ArmA 2\

The XXXXX is are your windows user, arma2/oa use that one as default.

Now, make a backup of the file, then edit the file and delete everything on it.

Then start the game, it will add all the info again.

If you have made a new profile, it will be located at c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\

There you will find your profile. Enter you profile and edit YOURGAMEPROFILE.ArmA2OAProfile, but make a copy of it first, then delete everything in the file.

Then start your arma2:oa

Not really sure if this gonna work, but just an idea :)

well already made another profile and still nothing

Had the same problem but was able to fix it. In my case i had the CBA ( Community Based Addons) Mod folder installed. By disabling it in the shortcut it works fine

Nice, maybe it's an good idea to report this bug/problem to Community Based Addons thread

hello, i am also facing this issue. the exact bootcamp i'm facing it in is the attack helicopter training, right before you're taught how to use flares.

hope this helps, and i have no addons/mods installed currently.

Guys any resolution to this? I have this problem too and I don't have any mods.

Thanks

Bump!

Any fix for this?

Just installed Arrowhead (no mods) - having same problem in the Attack Helicopter Bootcamp mission.

Hovering over designated spot...press space to continue...space just brings up command menu (even remapping command menu doesn't help).

Same problem for me too. I've completed the checkpoint part of the Attack helicopter bootcamp and it won't let me "spacebar" to pop up and shoot off the Hellfire missiles.

However I have already done this part on the current profile before patching the game. However upon patching I was not able to resume from the more advanced point of the game I had acheived so had to restart.