Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Operation Arrowhead 1.52 Patch released (includes dedicated server exe)

haha ! having started OA since my last friday's complete installation including 1.52 and 1st beta all the time with DVD inside ... and today evening having wondered why it loads up so fast and now I remember there was no on-screen-dvd sign during startup ... hmmm ... walking to my book/DVD-shelf and ... what shall I say ? ... OA-DVD's in its box, just "forgot" to put inside but ... it works anyway "now".

hey, I know from OpF and ArmA2 that since some patches there was no disc needed anymore for startup but this time that great feature comes fast, BIS, thx.

*coughing:o* has OA-DVD EVER been needed for startup (except for installing) ?

EDIT: checked startup with different versions -> with beta 71900 no disc needed anymore for startup :-)

Edited by langgis08
beta -> no disc needed

haha ! having started OA since my last friday's complete installation including 1.52 and 1st beta all the time with DVD inside ... and today evening having wondered why it loads up so fast and now I remember there was no on-screen-dvd sign during startup ... hmmm ... walking to my book/DVD-shelf and ... what shall I say ? ... OA-DVD's in its box, just "forgot" to put inside but ... it works anyway "now".

hey, I know from OpF and ArmA2 that since some patches there was no disc needed anymore for startup but this time that great feature comes fast, BIS, thx.

*coughing:o* has OA-DVD EVER been needed for startup (except for installing) ?

EDIT: checked startup with different versions -> with beta 71900 no disc needed anymore for startup :-)

uh huh.. that happens when you use the beta patch... always did for arma2 betas also.

Can someone tell me what the difference between the dedicated server exe for OA in this patch is and the dedicated server exe found in the latest beta patch? Fuck I'm getting confused :-)

server binary in beta patch is newer than in this patch

and ... shocking ... it's beta build :)

Hi, I am trying to update our windows server for this. it does not have registry entries, nor do I have a copy of the game. Therefore i used the oaserver.exe handily posted on the first page.

the server does start when we use this exe, but displays this error during startup. Is there someone who might include the entire patch in a zip for server installations?

image.php?id=r6j0a&f=1

Click to view full size!

in case latest beta don't work try roll back one build ...

Edited by Dwarden