Sign in to follow this  
Joseph Archer

Crossfire/SLI or dual GPU Card Arrowhead Issue (4870x2, 5970 etc).

SLI seems to work fine. I guess you're referring to Crossfire?

Yes, i got two 5770s in CF now but i'll sell them for one GTX 470. A bit overclocking here and there and i'll have more power than i had in the first place for an investment of a few €.^^ Plus i'm able to use physiX for the upcoming Mafia 2! :)

ok so I tried the re name trick ( which didnt work out to well with 10.6) with 10.7

Now Arma 2 oa is running almost as well as Arma 2 both cards are being utilised well , game settings on highest, 5870s stock clocks, v-sync on 60 fps for a good deal of the time, drops to mid 40s in villages etc.

I guess Ill have to settle for that at this time.

cant belive Ati didnt include a crossfire profile with this driver release !

Edited by fmsam

...drops to mid 40s in villages etc.

I guess Ill have to settle for that at this time.

now your just whining, to get more frames in game lower your settings/rez or buy bigger hardware. Changing the name of a .exe for CF/SLI is the oldest way to get it (cf/Sli ingame) to work. And is basic CF/sli knowledge.

Did a fresh install of Windows 7 with latest Ati Catalyst 1.07 today and installed the game. The scenario benchmark 8 gave me 35fps average. I then uninstalled the driver, ran driver sweeper in safe mode, installed 10.04 and re-ran the benchmark and got 47. Crossfire has been seriously broken in every driver since 10.04.

On top of that, I gotta rename the Arma2OA.exe to Arma2.exe to get crossfire to work at all. My next gpu will be nvidia, I'm sick of these shite drivers, Ati may winning the gpu performance battle but they are alot behind on the software side

What do i rename the shortcut to if im running combined arms to get crossfire to work ?

If i rename arma2oa.exe to arma2.exe it just runs arma2 and not oa :(

What do i rename the shortcut to if im running combined arms to get crossfire to work ?

I'm running the beta patch, therefore i rename the arma2oa.exe in the .../Expansion/beta folder to arma2 and change the target line in the "launch Arma2OA Beta patch" shortcut in the Arma2 directory and send that to the desktop

cheers 4 that Dwarden,

I did drop them a line, fingers crossed !

Also filled out a survey entry - hopefully enough people will do so to get AMD's attention. :)

I need to get Crossfire working with Combined Arms ! Can anybody help ??

Edited by LEEROY_UK

I need to get Crossfire working with Combined Arms ! Can anybody help ??

* Get the latest beta patch, download and install it

* rename the arma2oa in your ..../Arma2/Expansion/beta directory to arma2 (this is the application .exe to launch the game),

* find the ""launch Arma2OA Beta patch" shortcut in Your Arma2 directory, right click it and send it to your desktop

* right click the shortcut on Your desktop, click properties (may give an error opening properties as the .exe target has already changed), then edit the target line from arma2oa.exe to arma2.exe to suit the change You already made

* rename the arma2oa in your ..../Arma2/Expansion/beta directory to arma2 (this is the application .exe to launch the game),

* find the ""launch Arma2OA Beta patch" shortcut in Your Arma2 directory, right click it and send it to your desktop

* right click the shortcut on Your desktop, click properties (may give an error opening properties as the .exe target has already changed), then edit the target line from arma2oa.exe to arma2.exe to suit the change You already made

Do you need to do this with nvidia SLI?

Do you need to do this with nvidia SLI?

No idea, this is the "Crossfire/SLI or dual GPU Card Arrowhead Issue (4870x2, 5970 etc)" thread, doubt anyone with nvidia Sli would even look in here when it only mentions AMD cards, 4870x2, 5970 etc

Dual GPU Cards

The 10.4 catalyst drivers are giving me better frame rates than the 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7 versions. (On a dual GPU 5970). With the original arma2oa.exe and latest 1.52 patch. Unistall the Catalyst drivers via the add/remove programs menu before installing the 10.5's.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/downloads/download_index_01.aspx?psn=0006

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10922

Dual GPU Cards

The 10.4 catalyst drivers are giving me better frame rates than the 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7 versions. (On a dual GPU 5970). With the original arma2oa.exe and latest 1.52 patch. Unistall the Catalyst drivers via the add/remove programs menu before installing the 10.5's.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/downloads/download_index_01.aspx?psn=0006

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10922

And the difference in framerate is? (if it is not more than 7-10 FPS then for me its not worth the hassle with the drivers)

Thank you :) ill give it a try

Renaming to arma2.exe only works for me with catalyst 10.4 (2x4850)

I have registered myself because I had very bad issues with my CF 5870 and I was about to send some bomb into ATI and bohemia interactive...

BUT I FIND OUT...

here i find a solution what is updated to february of 2011

I renamed the AO exe to arma2.exe (arma2.exe to arma1.exe for prevent overwiting) --but this dont hepled AT ALL.. (maybe even worse)

on one card I have like 30 fps...with OC CPU I have 36...but CF i got 30 first tak...and 15 second take...so that is NOT what i want :)...that was on some setting without AA and very high settings...just like gaming setting...but I wanted to have really nice wiev on my big screen and my cards dont ever warmed up to 55 celsius... :( sooo

SOLUTION

Goto Device manager > Sound, Video and game controllers and disable any ATI High Definition Audio Device listed there (Assuming you're not using HDMI audio output).

I GOT THE NEVEST DRIVERS AND THIS SHIT WORKS LIKE CHARM!!!

JUST DISABLE THAT SOUND...AND NOW?

I GOT 40-80 ON TOTTALY MAXED SETTINGS :) 10Km VIEW :)

HELLL YEAH BABY---THAT WAS WHAT I FUCKING WANTED :)

BTW...POST PROCES SUCK FUCKING DICK...SO DONT USE...

BYE...

CZECH MATES