Sign in to follow this  
Paladin

The lst

The LST. What the hell is it for!?! It just sits there you cant even move it around cause for some reason it starts with no fuel. I think someone should put some use to it. Others have turned it into a overly large support vehicle and fixed the fuel problem but thats not enough. Alot of people think that someone should make it so you can land planes and helicopters on it (ya okay). Realisticly, I think the best use for the LST is to make it so you can use those big deck guns on either side. How cool would it be to support an attack with some off-shore cannon fire? The makers of Red Hammer used sorta the same idea in the mission where your suppose to destroy 4 vulcans. But the LST never actually fired. The artillery fire was somehow scripted.

So Im asking anyone who cares to try it out. All it has to do is fire somekind of artillery round from one of the guns mounted on top of it. Any takers?

The cannons would be awesome, but there is one thing that has to be changed for it to work.  I dont' think the deck guns can swivel.

and as for landing helicopters on it?  I'm all for it.

finally, I wish the driver could drop the front door and tanks and troops could go on and off

in some beta screens the doors would drop (and i would assume) vehicles would be in there or something. but obviously they took it out, i believe it was buggy as hell.

Im not sure you would need to swivel the guns if you can just line it up right like you would anything else.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Swedish Man @ April 20 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The LST.  What the hell is it for!?!  It just sits there you cant even move it around cause for some reason it starts with no fuel.  I think someone should put some use to it.  Others have turned it into a overly large support vehicle and fixed the fuel problem but thats not enough.  Alot of people think that someone should make it so you can land planes and helicopters on it (ya okay).  Realisticly, I think the best use for the LST is to make it so you can use those big deck guns on either side.  How cool would it be to support an attack with some off-shore cannon fire?  The makers of Red Hammer used sorta the same idea in the mission where your suppose to destroy 4 vulcans.  But the LST never actually fired.  The artillery fire was somehow scripted.  

So Im asking anyone who cares to try it out.  All it has to do is fire somekind of artillery round from one of the guns mounted on top of it.  Any takers?<span id='postcolor'>

LST's only come with MG's .50 cal. But it's possible to land on the LST.

I have landed a Hind and a Cobra on.. No problems.

Also if you want to try, make sure you compensate for the upkick from the LST.

i would like to see an aircraft carrier with harriers able to vertical take off and land not sure if this could be done with the existing lst and a harrier modelled. Think it would be nice tho

I bet an osprey would be nice for the lst. I saw that there wil be an osprey in VBS1

good news my friend, oxygen has changed the static howitzer

into a working gun. oxygen can (most likley) do the same for the lst's cannons smile.gif

dont look at me to make it though.

be persistant, i likt your idea wink.gif

Does anyone think it is posible to remove the dome on top of the oh-58? I think it would look ausome w/ out it.

just an idea as well i guess...

Now, that the artillary is working, because of oxygen, why not making the lst to a working destroyer?

this would be nice! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i'd like to see a retexture that turns it into a greenpeace boat <span id='postcolor'>

Gwhahahaha!

Yeah and create some granola chomping protesters to stand on the deck. I would love to plink at the with an M-21 and a LAW from the shoreline, or straffe them with some FFAR's in an apache.

A destroyer would be nice to have nailing the shore line smile.gif

but I would not like to be on the reciving end of the shells or tomohawk missles biggrin.gif

Then with the addition of working cannons, it should also be alittle easier to disable. If you have ever tried to take one out it is not easy at all. I was bored one day and decided to have a Su attack it. I watched from a russian boat so as not to be destroyed by the Su. Pretty cool looking especially when the Su did dive attacks on it.