Sign in to follow this  
DnA

The ofp diaries

Please leave your questions, comments, etc. for Jon Demrick's awesome OFP Diaries here smile.gif

Brilliant, I'm speechless. I could picture it all The Pain, Suffering and Fear, The total Agony.

Its pretty good

But I reckon the best one i read was written by a guy from our site

It was a story about a russian sniper....

he never finished it though sad.gif

And its in russian tounge.gif

Absolutely superb writing, very very moving smile.gif

What if he doesn't smoke? Oh, and now that you're here, what about your w00t Apache? confused.gif

Outstanding writing. Looking forward to more smile.gif

Jon will add new installments very frequently. Chapter 2 has been posted now for example smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, from chapter 3 on, Jon will involve several of the missions he found in the database in his writing. He will also include the names of the missions he used so you, as reader, can re-live the whole experience.<span id='postcolor'>

Although I like the style of his writing, I am not so sure about the content:

-Since when does the Czech Republic feature islands confused.gif its pretty much in the middle of europe....the sea is thousands of miles away...

-Why is it "former eastern block countries" ? I thought this was 1985 confused.gif

Its not bad, but it didn't pass my detail-nitpicking smile.gif

Hello everyone!

First off, thanks to everyone for taking the time to begin reading my little saga, and secondly, for actually posting something in regards to it.  

I wanted to address the concerns of ex-ronin.  Ex, before I embarked on this project, I felt there would be certain elements of the OFP community who would demand 'reality'.  That being said, I had DnA take a list of questions I had drawn up to the game designers themselves.  I wanted to know where they envisioned the game taking place.  Well, guess what?  My answer was just like I stated, the Czech Republic.  My feelings were that it was their game, therefore,  their geographic location.  It's odd, I know, but you haven't learned all there is to learn.  Maybe there's a reason you don't know about such an island chain and it's existence in the Czech Republic.  As for the reference to the splintering of the Eastern Bloc, well if we've got islands in the Czech Republic, we can have an early splintering of the Eastern Block.  Afterall, this is a fictional saga based on a fantastic game that is based on fictional events to begin with.  I figured there would be some 'hard corps' amongst us, which I love, so I have many other 'surprises' direct from the creators, to unleash on you.

Thanks to everyone for reading and I'd like to especially thank Dna and Shadow for the opportunity, as well as, Storm and Sheriff for their support and Sith and Vegas for being Sith and Vegas.  Take it easy until next time.

'There's something creepy going on here, eh Scooby?'

LOL! Your post made me laugh : realistic combat in a fictional environment! Sounds a bit daft, but if u think about it for a second then i guess its true...

Ok then, I like the idea I think, keep 'em coming biggrin.gif

Sounds like a 'Made-or-TV Movie'...that i might not watch. In today's world, (even the OFP world), truth is much more interesting then fiction.

Woaah good stuff, kinda like SPR though I appreciate the chewy stuff in the middle I cant wait for the combat wink.gif

The real action will start in chapter 3.

Trust me; you'll love it !!!   wink.gif

-I know I will....

Sadly, part II is an utter disappointment. The author insufficiently builds character development and the dialogue suffers from unrealistic touches. If there is a climax to this story, I most certainly haven't found it. It fails to propertly declare the final setting and portrays the President as Oprah Winfrey. Most importantly, he lost the momentum he so perfectly gained in Chapter 1.