Sign in to follow this  
Fusion_Marduc

PAA Transparency

Hi,

I made an PAA image file using the Photoshop plugin. The photoshop image has a transparent background but the image (after saving as PAA) is displayed with a white background on my dialog in ARMA2.

Any suggestions?

Grtz Marduc.

If you open the image with the textview2, can you see it with transparency?

Save the image using the textview2

my suggestion is to always save your PS work as tga ande export it to paa in texview2.

we have seen this problem alot in SFP, seemes like kegetys paa plugin isnt 100% compatible with arma2 paa´s

In textview2 my image also has a white background. I tried to save the psd as tga/gif and tried to open these in textview2.

tga -> error loading file

gif -> error loading file

What am I doing wrong?

Correct what subroc said, not 100% compatible with ArmA2.

You can save the image as .paa using photoshop but after that use the textview2 to save again and overwrite the photoshop .paa you created. Boring I know, but it works.

Try saving from Photoshop as .png... open with Texview2, save as .paa...

B

Okay.

I never used TextView2 before. How do I make the white background transparent in TextView2. Just saving the image with TextView2 doesn't do it.

Thing of TextView2 as a mere converter.. to make images compatible with ArmA2.

I don't ever edit things in TextView2, only use to open images and save them to .paa.

Use photoshop or other program to edit images as you desire and then save them as .png, or .tga or .paa. And then open the images with textview2 and save them to .paa.

On photoshop the image in order to have transparency you need to have alpha1 channels.

Im not the right person to explain the correct steps, but on ArmA1 forum, there are a few tutorials that tell you and teach you how to work with alpha channels and transparency.