Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Getting Into OFP

Hi guys

Not really sure where to put this so I just stuck it here.

Recently a friend got a laptop and asked me if I had a game that I could lend him. I have two copies of OFP so I am going to set up his laptop and install it for him.

While I am there I am going to try out some MP coop with him and see how it goes.

I never really ventured into MP OFP so it would be great if I could get recommendations for good coop missions that could be done by two players and are not too complex.

Were the original OFP SP missions ever transferred to coop? The Ambush mission might be a good start.

There are a few OFP SP missions that come in MP too when you install the game, I dont remember witch ones. But you can check for addon free missions at OFPEC or ofp.gamepark.cz

Thanks for those links I'll have a look through them.

No problem.

I have found a few mp coop missions. I upload it to You in the evening :)

Never got into OFP. Am a big fan or Arma2 and OA. Is it still worth buying after all this time or have the newer iterations superseded OFP by and large? In the UK the GOTY edition is only £7.49. Although heavily panned on release what about Dragon Rising - surely worth £2.99 on Amazon?

Never got into OFP. Am a big fan or Arma2 and OA. Is it still worth buying after all this time or have the newer iterations superseded OFP by and large? In the UK the GOTY edition is only £7.49. Although heavily panned on release what about Dragon Rising - surely worth £2.99 on Amazon?

Well, OFP is still a very good game, with some excellent campaigns (particularly CWC and Resistance included in GOTY edition), and most of all with an unbelievable diversity of addons, most of which can be found on OFPR.info If you like ArmA2 not only for the graphics, i guess you'd like OFP.

Dragon Rising isn't even worth 3 pounds IMO, and it is absolutely not related with OFP or ArmA2, apart from its brand name which belongs to Codemasters. Get yourself some beers instead :beeeers:

I would still pay £30 for OFP GOTY if that was the lowest price it's available for, while I wouldn't even pay a penny for DR. That's a difference of 7 years (8 if you start counting from Cold War Crisis), and the gameplay still is infinitely better in OFP.

Edited by JdB

I can still remember the first time I launched OFP demo. Like it was yesterday. That feeling of overwhelming size of the map and the war and fear etc. It's been almost 10 years since that time.

I can still remember it like it was yesterday - the first time I've played OFP demo. This feeling of overwhelming size of the map and the war and fear etc. It's been almost 10 years since that time. Time goes by, we still fight! :)

I can totally relate to your memory. :cool: Even in the present, after months without playing I hooked up a modest laptop and crancked OFP with FDF up, and my god, it still is the best game ever.