LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

Yep should work so. Nice I could use this in the new version ;)

But one thing:

(LDL_AC130_Adjustments select 4)

this works only for v.0.7 which is not public yet ;)

In 0.6 it's LDL_options select 2, 3 , 4 (2 for 25mm, 3 for 40mm, 4 for 105mm)

Oops :D

Noted and fixed previous post. I'd like to suggest/request adding an "official" function for rearming one and/or all of the weapons.

Edited by mrCurry

Anyone know where in the scripts I could edit lines to change the explosion damage and radius of the rounds as well as the amount of dust the 40mm and 105mm rounds kick up ? Seems pretty low for me now. But thats just me. thanks.

Hi Lurchi,

Have you had any success investigating the "wierd" acting AI when using the UAV in the 0.70 version?

Keep it up, this script/addon (with MMA) is among the top 20, of course IMHO!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Anyone know where in the scripts I could edit lines to change the explosion damage and radius of the rounds as well as the amount of dust the 40mm and 105mm rounds kick up ? Seems pretty low for me now. But thats just me. thanks.

In LDL_init.sqf find this (should be around row 29)

//ARMA2 Weapons
LDL_ammo = ["G_30mm_HE","Sh_120_SABOT","Sh_120_HE"];

Element 1, 2 and 3 represent 25, 40 and 105 mm accordingly. Change the strings to the ammo classnames.

A2 Ammo

A2 CO Ammo

//ARMA2 Weapons

Element 1, 2 and 3 represent 25, 40 and 105 mm accordingly. Change the strings to the ammo classnames.

A2 Ammo

A2 CO Ammo

Alright thanks alot. i'll play around with the values and see what I get. Btw correct me if I'm wrong, the sound effects for the ac130 cannons are all in the Ac130 addon and not using the default BIS sounds ?

Hi Lurchi,

Have you had any success investigating the "wierd" acting AI when using the UAV in the 0.70 version?

Keep it up, this script/addon (with MMA) is among the top 20, of IMHO!

/KC

No... I don't think that I'll ever have any influence on AI behaving... =(

Alright thanks alot. i'll play around with the values and see what I get. Btw correct me if I'm wrong, the sound effects for the ac130 cannons are all in the Ac130 addon and not using the default BIS sounds ?

Yes, all the sounds are in the AddOn (or mission folder if script only)

Hey again, I've been having massive performance problems when using this script for some reason. Seemed to work fine last week and now it doesn't (not sure if it has something to do with the latest version of ACE or not). But when my player calls in the AC130 and you get the camera view change, you can see the plane shuddering constantly back and forth and it seems to slow the performance to a crawl. Any idea what could be happening?

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Hate answering my own questions but I've just reverted back to ACE version 1.7.0.442 and the problem I describe (the shuddering plane after transporting into the camera) doesn't seem to happen to such a high degree and performance is a lot better. Any idea what could be going on?

Hey again, I've been having massive performance problems when using this script for some reason. Seemed to work fine last week and now it doesn't (not sure if it has something to do with the latest version of ACE or not). But when my player calls in the AC130 and you get the camera view change, you can see the plane shuddering constantly back and forth and it seems to slow the performance to a crawl. Any idea what could be happening?

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Hate answering my own questions but I've just reverted back to ACE version 1.7.0.442 and the problem I describe (the shuddering plane after transporting into the camera) doesn't seem to happen to such a high degree and performance is a lot better. Any idea what could be going on?

Yes now that you mention it i remember. Recently using the LDL ac130 has caused great lag which i dun remember before using ACe 1.8. Should be some conflict between the latest ace and the addon.

Oh no not again...

The problem is that the script is very CPU intensive...

We had problems with ACE at the beginning but it seemed we had it under control then...

Ok it seems I have a little problem here. I kind of dislike the new OA FLIR as it seems a little fake though it is rather effective. I can see enemies crystal clear with no distortion but that is unlike in reality.

So my point is i want to add some distortion and noise effect such as the ones seen in the videos below.

The way they did it in the videos were to just edit the contrast so that it becomes like an FLIR effect.

It was available in previous versions of LDL but was removed after 0.4 I think by the OA FLIR.

The reason I liked it was for the explosion effects as the smoke and dust shows up as white hot/black hot also like in reality.

Ok enough of my ranting lol. i would like to find out how to edit the script such that I would be able to use the old FLIR but with the new LDL versions. Or if possible Lurchiderlurch could add it as an additional option with 0.7 ? Thanks and love your mod by the way. The reason why I still play Arma.

Edit: ok watch this video

its the effect I'm kinda aiming for. Especially at 2:01 that kind off 105mm explosions. Edited by bearking19

Hi bearking, you can do this on your own ;)

Go into the init.sqf of your mission. Do you see these lines:

//Wait for the init
waitUntil {!isNil "LDL_initDone"};
waitUntil {LDL_initDone};

Put the following code AFTER this:

LDL_OAH_setCamUseTi = 
{
private ["_active", "_mode"];

_active = _this select 0; //true or false
_mode = _this select 1; //0: white, 1: black

if(_active) then
{
	LDL_ppccor = ppEffectCreate ["ColorCorrections", 1];
	LDL_ppccor ppEffectEnable true;
	LDL_ppccor ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, -0.002, [1, 1, 1, 0.1], [1, 1, 1, 0], [1, 1, 1, 0]];
	LDL_ppccor ppEffectCommit 0;

LDL_ppcinv = ppEffectCreate ["colorInversion", 2];
	LDL_ppcinv ppEffectEnable true;
	LDL_ppcinv ppEffectAdjust [LDL_inversion,LDL_inversion,LDL_inversion]; //[0.1,0.1,0.1]
	LDL_ppcinv ppEffectCommit 0;

LDL_ppfilm = ppEffectCreate ["filmGrain", 3];
	LDL_ppfilm ppEffectEnable true;
	LDL_ppfilm ppEffectAdjust [0.1, 1, 1, 0.1, 1, false];
	LDL_ppfilm ppEffectCommit 0;

LDL_ppdyblur = ppEffectCreate ["dynamicBlur", 0];
	LDL_ppdyblur ppEffectEnable true;  
	LDL_ppdyblur ppEffectAdjust [0.4];
	LDL_ppdyblur ppEffectCommit 0;	
};
};

This replaces the default LDL function which activates the FLIR. You can also adjust the values for the effect.

Helped?

Very nice thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Unfortunately the script version doesn't work for me, calling in the ac 130 does nothing but luckily addon works. I'll have to extract pbo and repbo it after that.

I will try to change the shells you used to a bigger one like a bomb or hellfire missile to get that effect Hopefully the missile projectile reacts the same way as the art projectile.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

//ARMA2 Weapons

A2 Ammo

A2 CO Ammo

Hi I changed the lines to

//ARMA2 Weapons
LDL_ammo = ["G_30mm_HE_heli","ACE_ARTY_Sh_122_HE","ACE_Bo_GBU12_LGB"];

But it still has the same projectiles as default. Also I can't change the time for ac130 to arrive. I have disabled the addon so it runs only script but somehow it still calls for default value. Anyway to stop that ?

Edit: Ok I think the problem is complications with other mods. I disabled ACE and the I got back the old FLIR using the lines Lurchi posted above, before it was not possible. SO anyone got this to work perfectly fine with ACE ? I realised with ACE the explosions are much smaller.

OK another update. Ran it only with Blastcore and SLX plus the CBA and Jaynus library. Works great but when I fire a 227mm into a bunch of guys the game lags. Then it recovers and the explosion effects are moving but my camera is stuck. I can also see troops running but my camera cannot move for awhile, then its back to normal after about 30s. Could be some scripting clashes ? I like SLX for the disemberment really nice when ur using 105mm

Edited by bearking19

Are you talking about the FLIR or the ammunition?

Ammo:

Don't change anything in the LDL_init.sqf!

Execute the lines after the script executed the init. So you will overwrite the values.

The script decides wheter it takes the ARMA2 weapons or the AddOn weapons. You've changed the ARMA2 weapons but the script took the AddOn weapons because the AddOn was enabled.

Just go into the init.sqf and overwrite the LDL_ammo array after executing the LDL_init.sqf

Are you talking about the FLIR or the ammunition?

Ammo:

Don't change anything in the LDL_init.sqf!

Execute the lines after the script executed the init. So you will overwrite the values.

The script decides wheter it takes the ARMA2 weapons or the AddOn weapons. You've changed the ARMA2 weapons but the script took the AddOn weapons because the AddOn was enabled.

Just go into the init.sqf and overwrite the LDL_ammo array after executing the LDL_init.sqf

OK i sorted it out. ACE 2 has LDL addon in it as well which I did not know. So it was loading the LDL addon and not running like how i edited in the script.

Thanks for the help LDL especially the part about getting the Old FLIR running.

I will post a video of the bug that I encountered while using in conjunction with SLX mod soon. Hard to explain.

I uploaded a video using the old FLIR for realism effect and blastcore for nice explosion, its in the link enjoy.

Edited by bearking19

hello why i use this addon im not able to see the infantry or the veichles?? (i use ace)

Are you playing on a user-made map at night or using beta patches?

hello why i use this addon im not able to see the infantry or the veichles?? (i use ace)

You're not describing your problem well enough...

- Is the problem that you can't get the FLIR working?

- Is the problem that the infantry strobes or vehicle tracking isn't showing up?

- Try to describe how to replicate the problem...

Get an english dictionary and get back when you can describe the problem properly.

I might seem a bit harsh but we can't help you unless we know what you're talking about... which means you have to know what you're talking about.

Edited by mrCurry
common sense

I have 2 questions.

1) Is it possible to change the speed of a projectile by editing the LDL scripts ? or is the projectile speed coded to the particular projectile and hence I have to edit the projectile it self ?

2) Is it possible to adjust the sound level of the radio chatter by editing the script or would I have to physically use audacity to amplify the sounds then save it back as a wav. Thanks !

I have 2 questions.

1) Is it possible to change the speed of a projectile by editing the LDL scripts ? or is the projectile speed coded to the particular projectile and hence I have to edit the projectile it self ?

2) Is it possible to adjust the sound level of the radio chatter by editing the script or would I have to physically use audacity to amplify the sounds then save it back as a wav. Thanks !

1) LDL_AC130/Misc/ac130_calculateBullet.sqf

try to find lines like this

//Velocity

_vel = [_x * 40,_y * 40,_z * 40];

This is the speed vector of the bullet (there is one for every weapon in this script)

2) LDL_ac130/Includes/CfgSounds.hpp

There is every sound and you can edit the db value.

Hey guys, I'm missing something obvious here, and I don't know what it is...

I have a working mission from months ago where I'm using the script version, with an addaction added to a UAV terminal, and it works just fine. YOu can walk up to it, you get the addaction, and you can call the circling UAV.

Now I'm trying to do it again, and for some weird reason I can't get it to work. I get as far as walking up to the terminal, and I get the addaction when I get near, but when I select it... nothing happens. I don't get the message telling me to click on my map.

I'm sitting here comparing the two missions, and I'm sure it's something right in front of my face, but I can't see what I'm doing differently. I have the LDL folder. I have copied over all the init.sqf stuff, I have the bits in my description.ext.

Anybody know any tips ? Does the situation seem familiar to anyone? What am I forgetting? Grateful for any help. Just can't figure out what it is I'm missing here.

I'm sitting here comparing the two missions, and I'm sure it's something right in front of my face, but I can't see what I'm doing differently.

You might just need another set of eyes to take a look at it m8.

If you don't mind sharing PM me a link and I can take a look.

Thank you very much for the offer, much appreciated.

But as it turns out, I just found my issue. Was a borked init, with an errant 'if (isServer) then' line. Probably from when I was merging this with revive and drapers airsup and on and on...

At least it's working for me offline now anyway. Will get to MP stuff later on.

Thanks again! Sorry for false alarm.