Sign in to follow this  
pravinrocks4u

Hurt Locker & Arma II

Can't believe no one has mentioned Black Hawk Down yet, superb film in my book. Band of Brothers gets another vote too, great stuff.

Black Hawk Down, isn't that the movie where most of the Americans were played by Britons?

I'm gonna go out-on-a-limb here and say you're ex-serving/currently serving. Those who've served/are serving seem to have a real natural hatred for this movie.
A lot of EOD guys I know love the movie. I personally was unimpressed by it and when I look back on it they made the British PMCs look like the UK version of blackwater.. Edited by Big Mac

Most people who are in the military or have prior military experience tend to have a negative bias towards military movies, because they can easily pick out the mistakes and errors in them. Same goes for any group and any movie regarding them, e.g. former gang members and crime movies, former police officers and police procedurals.

A lot of EOD guys I know love the movie. I personally was unimpressed by it and when I look back on it they made the British PMCs look like the UK version of blackwater..

You mean Aegis?

Black Hawk Down, isn't that the movie where most of the Americans were played by Britons?

Well, all of the Somalis were played by Moroccans who look completely different, running around shouting in an entirely unrelated language.

Well, all of the Somalis were played by Moroccans who look completely different, running around shouting in an entirely unrelated language.

actually some of the lead somalis where british too. If you took time to watch the special edition 2 disc version and look at behind the scenes (which i found more interesting than the actual film) the somalion rebel leader was more cockney than danny dyer

Thought it was a stellar movie. As a recovering adreneline junky myself (switched from partying to snowboarding), I could relate with the lead character's need to keep putting himself in bad situations to attain the rush. Don't know how accurate the movie was in terms of realistic military protocol, but I found it quite riveting.