Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

ACE2 AAS or Cooperative?

Are there any ACE2 enabled AAS or coop maps? I searched high and low on armaholic and couldn't find any.

Nope, for some reason a lot of people that like PvP/AAS also hate ACE, though I really don't see why considering that most of ACE's features affect PvP just as much as they do coop. Maybe it's just a generic hate for ACE and the need to update it (or worse, keep 2 versions running, 1 for servers that run stable release versions and another for servers that update to the latest beta). Takes up extra effort from both admins and players, and it seems most players are not capable of updating ACE during times that they don't play, and then come to play and go "oh crap, I have to update ACE now" and spend 1/2 of the little free time they have updating and eventually hating the mod just because they can't think 10 minutes ahead. Of course there are also people that hate ACE for more legitimate reasons, but I doubt there are many of those.

Okay so what about coop game modes? There's gotta be something for Evo or something. I'm a little out of the MP loop FYI, haven't been able to play much since the ArmA 1 days.

Nope, for some reason a lot of people that like PvP/AAS also hate ACE (...)

Nah, most people would like to see ACE for AAS. Its a coding resources problem more than anything else. But you are right in that ACE might be more important in Coop gameplay.

Edited by qwertz

Have a looksie here: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Missions

Would love to expand that list, so feel free to jump in :)

Kju's working on an ACE version of coolbox AAS (/PvPScene AAS).

Oh, and PvP scene is said to generally not use (huge) modsets, regardless if it's called ACE or otherwise :D

Don't ask me about the specifics though, it's not my scene :P

Edited by Sickboy

Yes, kju will add optional support for ACE2 for ProMode AAS (which is limited to 20 players btw). For "CoolBox AAS" it won´t happen anytime soon. It simply does not fit in our "Multiplayer Easy" concept with its update-handling and lack of accessibility and usability as long as we can´t put it in our simple to use installer and it needs regular updates. We´d like to keep it simple for getting new players into the ArmA2/OA-Boat.

As soon as AAS-ProMode will support ACE2 we´ll see how high the demand really is.

Alright cool. So does anybody have suggestions for coop ACE2 missions? Sickboy's link seems to have only three missions, one of which is coop. That one coop missions seems extremely tedious to get started. I don't need anything super simple, it just seems annoying, there's about 10 steps to go through before you can play the mission and my friends wouldn't be up for that.

@Toaster: Good point to wait for the results.

Re ACE distribution; Anyone's free to distribute any version of ACE (though unmodified, without perm), through any means they prefer.

You're free to put it in a .7z, installer, yoma, native rsync or whatever you prefer.

Added this to our docs: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Release (though it might belong elsewhere)

@Jugger: The list'll only grow when you and others actually add to the list. There's plenty of ACE specific, or ACE-version missions out there.

There's also a bunch included with the Mod, in the @ACE\store\mpmissions.tar archive.

Also, non ACE-specific missions should run fine in ACE, alas without access to some of the content, still most features should apply.

I have added a discussion section to the Missions page: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Missions

Here's a list of all the missions recorded through Gamespy: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/missions

Though there's no direct means to obtain them yet :( Could always join a server to get the mission of course :D

Edited by Sickboy

The problem is more like what I said, even those that manage to get the update tools up and running (which unfortunately requires more than just "click this exe") end up getting frustrated when out of the 1 hour a day they can play they spend 5-10 minutes getting in a game to realize their ACE isn't updated, then 5-20 more minutes updating. It's their fault of course as I'm sure they could've updated in advance if they actually cared enough, but the fact is that this is what is happening (I stopped counting the times I see people log in with unupdated ACE then log out to update, and sometimes by the time they come back in the server the game is over and everyone are leaving).

What's ACE-incompatible with current AAS though, other than the obvious weapon crates? Vehicle respawn could be incompatible depending on how you scripted it, but if you just check for destroyed and abandoned vehicles in the same way. As in, "respawn if empty for X minutes" regardless of whether it was abandoned or destroyed and use longer times combined with higher availability for vehicles that are used for pure transport and not for fighting, as that would work pretty well for gameplay and work the same way with and without ACE.

Well there sure have been issues with the updater, and i'm sure some might still have (altough they probably gave up before a fixed version :P And besides, I can't solve unreported issues).

Still when it is working properly, the update procedure (actually regardless of using the Updater or Yoma), should be very quick, short, and a breeze. Especially once setup for the first time.

Therefore I don't really understand how a server can be empty by the time people rejoin (it shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes on a casual update run).

You've certainly got a point that when people care enough, they won't be 10 updates behind at the exact moment they want to join a server.. Maybe that's just it?

Then there's of course servers that aren't updating to the latest, while a free choice, with the automation options available, any (root access) server should be able to keep up without even having to spend effort :)

Edited by Sickboy

100% agreed galzohar, we just can´t throw ACE2 at First-Time-ArmA-Players as it is right now. If you come from outside the ArmA-Universe installing and configuring YAST is not really an easy task, at least not for me. I´d love to see people just starting the game and hopping on a server.

Honestly I don´t know of any major game-breaking incompatibility with AAS and ACE2. Seems it´s complicated for one who already installed ACE2 to just start up an AAS-Mission as well in LAN and see what happens. Of course it won´t use any special assets but you should be able just load an AAS-Teamplate and start building your own ACE2-AAS-Mission in five minutes.

Since the 1.0 Release of AAS people kept asking for ACE2-Support in AAS and I was asking back "Whats the problem, error message, what´s not working/conflicting". I got nothing back for months. It´s not that I hate ACE2, I just don´t have the time and resources to find out everything myself and if people want it so badly then I don´t understand why no one who has installed ACE2 already is able to download and start a 700kb-AAS-Mission in LAN and just tries it in combination and tell us the issues?

As Sickboy just said: We can´t fix problems we aren´t even aware of and we can´t test everything ourselves.

Maybe there are no AAS-ACE2-Servers because there´s just no one interested in hosting this combination yet?

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

I've got an ACE2+AAS1.1 template+CAA1(becuz of Sahrani)Server and it works!

I've port "Neutral Templante AASV1.1" to Porto and Sahrani, and edited 4-5 Missions, with Standard Weapons (didnt exchanged the Weaponboxes) and ACE2 Vehicles!

We played 4player on one side against AI on the other!

but the whole mod's(comunity) just destroys ARMA2 like ARMA1, becuz no one whats to download 4 every server a "custom" mod, and enought people dont know how to do it... so they play rather other games!

Edited by makemebad

Nice! With CAA1/Sahrani aside it should be even easier. Did you had to change anything AAS-Specific (not mission.sqm)?

jepp in the mission.sqm the "define ibr_...."(i think) to the one from the sara comqueredolores mission ...

i think the ibr_.... is about 6-7 time to edit... and nothing else... as the name of the map!

im not a "scripter" or script writer, but when i see an user map, i can read in and understand that!

BUT THERE IS ONE PROBLEM... the mini-map and the aas things on the screen are getting loosed sometime if u drive an ace vehicle specialy a copper! but only sometime!

Edited by makemebad

but the whole mod's(comunity) just destroys ARMA2 like ARMA1, becuz no one whats to download 4 every server a "custom" mod, and enought people dont know how to do it... so they play rather other games!
Thats why there's Six Updater and Yoma. None of the mentioned should be problems nowadays really, except slow adoption maybe is.

If people don't know how to do it, they can be teached :)

jepp i use the yoma too... im in a clan with about 15 player, but only 4-5 have arma2...

but every server uses other mods, and so the player dont whant to download everthing only 4 one server, then go out of arma load new mod 4 new server... and so on...

I love ACE, PvP (like AAS) and Sahrani (better World 4 me and better performance).

We all love arma2 but its a little bit out-of-round... u know what i mean?

4 me i will hope that BI uses 4 the next arma a new engine...

back to AAS and ACE...

Casual updates seem to take about 5-15 minutes depending on size once you actually start the download, and there's the whole "start up the game, find out you have wrong version, then go update". If you play a casual quick mission with some friends (20-30 minutes), the game could be almost over by the time they start up the game again. Also, since we're talking about people that can't think 10 minutes forward, this also means that it's not rare that they are several updates back and need to update for much longer than 5-15 minutes.

Not that I'm blaming ACE or the updaters for this, it's definitely a problem with people who can't hit "update ACE" twice a week before they leave the house in the morning or as soon as they enter their house in the evening, but it explains why the more casual players have strongly prefer to not use ACE.

Also, putting the above aside for a second, I think the biggest problem with the updaters for the casual players is that in order to use them you first need to know that they exist... Many don't even get past that first step.

Regarding ACE version, I have a mission that uses an ammobox filler script that fills it up with (almost) all weapons (ACE and non-ACE) and is also sorted in an easy way so that you can use mission parameters to allow/disallow certain weapons/items. The parameters I set up are:

Side limitations: Faction only (west only gets USMC weapons, east only gets RU weapons), Side only (west also gets European weapons like G36) and everything (both sides get same weapons).

Weapon weight: You can disallow heavy weapons (M240s, M107s, PKs) or even disallow rifles and limit players to SMGs, shotguns and pistols, or just limit to pistols only.

Explosives: None, light (grenades only) or heavy (satchels and all the other heavy ACE exlosives, as well as HEDP and TBG rockets for SMAW and RPG-29).

Launchers: None, light (single-use only) or heavy (all launchers, but no HEDP/TBG ammo if disabled by the explosives setting).

Suppressors: yes/no (if set to "yes" it adds suppressed weapons that belong to each of the already-allowed categories, so if you only allow SMGs for example it'll only add suppressed pistols, MP5SDs and bizonSDs).

Nightvision: To have some fun in full moon nighttime games, night vision can be removed too ;)

Of course to make this work you'd have to edit it a little to suit your mission (mostly match the script to the use parameters in your description.ext), and possibly add the few mission weapons if you wish. I think I'm mostly missing the shorter-variants of the M4 and some of the newly added variants of the HK-416.

_vec = _this select 0;
_side = _this select 1;
_ammoOnly=false;
if (count _this > 2) then
{
_ammoOnly = _this select 2;
}; 

_sideWeapons = 2;
_weapons = 3;
_explosives = 2;
_launchers = 2;
_suppressors = 1;
_nightVision=1;
if (!isNil "paramsArray") then
{
_sideWeapons = paramsArray select 1;
_weapons = paramsArray select 2;
_explosives = paramsArray select 3;
_launchers = paramsArray select 4;
_suppressors = paramsArray select 5;
_nightVision = paramsArray select 6;
};

_vec allowDamage false;

clearWeaponCargo _vec;
clearMagazineCargo _vec;

_vec addAction ["Save Loadout and teleport to town" ,"saveLoadout.sqf", [] ,1,false,true,""];

while {true} do
{

clearWeaponCargo _vec;
clearMagazineCargo _vec;

if (_ammoOnly || _side == WEST || _sideweapons>1) then
{

if (_launchers>1) then
{

// USMC heavy launchers

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["JAVELIN",100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["Stinger",100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["SMAW",100];
	};
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["JAVELIN",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["Stinger",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["SMAW_HEAA", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_SMAW_Spotting", 100];

};

if (_launchers>0) then
{

// US light launchers

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["M136",100];
	};
};

if (_explosives>0) then
{

// US light explosives

_vec addMagazineCargo ["HandGrenade_West",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["1rnd_HE_M203",100];

};

if (_explosives>1) then
{

// US heavy explosives

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M32", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M79", 100];
	};
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_6Rnd_40mm_M32", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_40mm_Buck_M79", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["SMAW_HEDP", 100];

};

// US pistols

if (!_ammoOnly) then
{
	_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M9", 100];
	_vec AddWeaponCargo ["Colt1911", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Glock17", 100];
	_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Glock18", 100];
};
_vec addmagazinecargo ["15rnd_9x19_m9", 100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["7Rnd_45ACP_1911", 100];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_17Rnd_9x19_G17", 100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_33Rnd_9x19_G18", 100];

if (_suppressors>0) then
{
	if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M9SD", 100];
	};
	_vec addmagazinecargo ["15rnd_9x19_m9sd", 100];
};

// US SMGs

if (_weapons>0) then
{
	if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M1014", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["MP5A5", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_MP5A4", 100];
	};
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug", 100];

_vec addmagazinecargo ["30Rnd_9x19_MP5", 100];

if (_suppressors>0) then
	{
		if (!_ammoOnly) then
		{
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["MP5SD", 100];
		};
	};

};

if (_weapons>1) then
{
	// US rifles

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M16A2", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M16A2GL", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M16A4", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M16A4_ACG", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M16A4_ACG_GL", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M4A1", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M4A1_HWS_GL", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M4A1_HWS_GL_camo", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M4A1_RCO_GL", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M4A1_Aim", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M4A1_Aim_camo", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M16A4_Iron", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M4A1_GL", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M4A1_ACOG", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M4A1_Eotech", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1_Eotech", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1_GL_13", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1_GL", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1_GL_EOTECH", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1_GL_AIMPOINT", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1_Aim", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1_SHORTDOT", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M24", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M40A3", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M4SPR", 100];
	};

_vec addmagazinecargo ["30rnd_556x45_Stanag", 100];
	_vec addmagazinecargo ["20Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 100];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["FlareWhite_M203",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["FlareRed_M203",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["FlareGreen_M203",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["FlareYellow_M203",100];

_vec addmagazinecargo ["5Rnd_762x51_M24", 100];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_Smoke_M203", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokeGreen_M203", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokeRed_M203", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokeYellow_M203", 100];

if (_suppressors>0) then
	{
		if (!_ammoOnly) then
		{
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo", 100];
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M4A1_AIM_SD_camo", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M4A1_GL_SD", 100];
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M4A1_ACOG_SD", 100];
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M4A1_Aim_SD", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1_GL_SD", 100];
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1_AIM_SD", 100];
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1_SD_9", 100];
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SOC_M4A1_SHORTDOT_SD", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M4SPR_SD", 100];
		};

_vec addmagazinecargo ["30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD", 100];
	};

};

if (_sideweapons>0 && _weapons>1) then
{

// Non-US west light rifles

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["G36a", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["G36C", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["G36K", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SA58", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_FAL_Para", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_G3A3", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_HK416_D10", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_HK416_D10_COMPM3", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_HK416_D10_M320", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_HK416_D10_AIM", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_HK416_D14", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_HK416_D14_COMPM3", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_HK416_D14_COMPM3_M320", 100];
	};
	_vec addmagazinecargo ["30Rnd_556x45_G36",100];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_FAL", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_30Rnd_762x51_B_FAL", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_G3", 100];

if (_suppressors>0) then
	{
		if (!_ammoOnly) then
		{
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["G36_C_SD_eotech", 100];
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_HK416_D10_COMPM3_SD", 100];
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_HK416_D10_SD", 100];
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_HK416_D14_SD", 100];
		};
		_vec addmagazinecargo ["30Rnd_556x45_G36SD",100];
	};

};

if (_sideWeapons>0 && _weapons>0) then
{

// Non-US west SMGs

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_UMP45", 100];
	};
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_25Rnd_1143x23_B_UMP45", 100];

if (_suppressors>0) then
	{
		if (!_ammoOnly) then
		{
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_UMP45_SD", 100];
		};
	};

};

if (_weapons>2) then
{

// US heavy weapons

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["DMR", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M110", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M249", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M249Para", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M249Para_M145", 100];
	};
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["20Rnd_762x51_DMR",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_20Rnd_762x51_SB_M110", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_20Rnd_762x51_S_M110", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_20Rnd_762x51_T_M110", 100];

_vec addmagazinecargo ["200Rnd_556x45_M249", 100];

if (_sideweapons>0) then
	{

// non-US west heavy weapons

if (!_ammoOnly) then
		{
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["MG36", 100];
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_G3SG1", 100];
		};
		_vec addMagazineCargo ["100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag", 100];
	};
};

if (_weapons>3) then
{

// US very heavy weapons

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M240", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["Mk_48", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M240G_M145", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M60", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["M107", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M109", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_AS50", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_TAC50", 100];
	};

_vec addmagazinecargo ["100Rnd_762x51_M240", 100];

_vec addmagazinecargo ["10Rnd_127x99_m107", 100];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_5Rnd_25x59_HEDP_Barrett", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_5Rnd_127x99_B_TAC50", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_5Rnd_127x99_S_TAC50", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_5Rnd_127x99_T_TAC50", 100];

if (_suppressors>0) then
	{
		if (!_ammoOnly) then
		{
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_M110_SD", 100];
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_TAC50_SD", 100];
		};
	};
};

//_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Rucksack_MOLLE_Green", 100];
//_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Rucksack_MOLLE_Brown", 100];
//_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Rucksack_MOLLE_Wood", 100];
//_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Rucksack_MOLLE_ACU", 100];
//_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Rucksack_MOLLE_WMARPAT", 100];
//_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Rucksack_MOLLE_DMARPAT", 100];

};

if (_ammoOnly || _side == EAST || _sideweapons>1) then
{

if (_launchers>1) then
{

// RU heavy launchers

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["STRELA",100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["Igla",100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["MetisLauncher",100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_RPG29",100];
	};
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["STRELA",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["Igla", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["AT13", 100];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_RPG29_PG29", 100];

};

if (_launchers>0) then
{

// RU light launchers

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["RPG18", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_RPG22", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_RPG27", 100];

_vec addWeaponCargo ["RPG7V",100];
	};

_vec addMagazineCargo ["PG7V",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["PG7VR",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["PG7VL",100];

};

if (_explosives>0) then
{

// RU light explosives

_vec addMagazineCargo ["HandGrenade",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["HandGrenade_East",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_HE_GP25",100];

};

if (_explosives>1) then
{

// RU heavy explosives

_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_RPG29_TBG29", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["OG7",100];

};

// RU pistols

if (!_ammoOnly) then
{
	_vec AddWeaponCargo ["Makarov", 100];
	_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_TT", 100];
	_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_APS", 100];
};
_vec addmagazinecargo ["8Rnd_9x18_Makarov", 100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_8Rnd_762x25_B_Tokarev", 100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_20Rnd_9x18_APS", 100];

if (_suppressors>0) then
{
	if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["MakarovSD", 100];	

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_APSB", 100];
	};

_vec addmagazinecargo ["8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD", 100];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_20Rnd_9x18_APSB", 100];
};

if (_weapons>0) then
{

// RU SMGs

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["Bizon", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["Saiga12K", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Scorpion", 100];
	};
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["64Rnd_9x19_Bizon", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["8Rnd_B_Saiga12_74Slug", 100];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_20Rnd_765x17_vz61", 100];

if (_suppressors>0) then
	{
		_vec addMagazineCargo ["64Rnd_9x19_SD_Bizon", 100];
		if (!_ammoOnly) then
		{
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["bizon_silenced", 100];
		};
	};

};

if (_weapons>1) then
{

// RU rifles

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["AK_107_kobra", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["AK_107_GL_pso", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["AK_107_pso", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["AK_107_GL_kobra", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["AK_74", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["AK_74_GL", 100];	
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["AK_47_M", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["AKS_74_PSO", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["AKS_74_U", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["AKS_74_kobra", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_SKS", 100];

_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK103", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK103_1P29", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK103_GL", 100];

_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK103_GL_1P29", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK103_GL_KOBRA", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK103_GL_PSO", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK103_KOBRA", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK103_PSO", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK104_1P29", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK104_KOBRA", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK104_PSO", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK105_1P29", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK105_KOBRA", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK105_PSO", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK74M", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK74M_1P29", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK74M_GL", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK74M_GL_1P29", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK74M_GL_KOBRA", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK74M_GL_PSO", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK74M_KOBRA", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AK74M_PSO", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AKS74P", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AKS74P_1P29", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AKS74P_GL", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AKS74P_GL_1P29", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AKS74P_GL_KOBRA", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AKS74P_GL_PSO", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AKS74P_KOBRA", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_AKS74P_PSO", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["RPK_74", 100];

_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_RPK74M", 100];
		_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_RPK74M_1P29", 100];

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["SVD", 100];
	};

_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_10Rnd_762x39_B_SKS", 100];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_762x39_AK47",100];
	_vec addmagazinecargo ["30Rnd_545x39_AK", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["FlareWhite_GP25",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["FlareGreen_GP25",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["FlareRed_GP25",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["FlareYellow_GP25",100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SMOKE_GP25", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SMOKERED_GP25", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SMOKEGREEN_GP25", 100];
	_vec addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SMOKEYELLOW_GP25", 100];

_vec addmagazinecargo ["10Rnd_762x54_SVD", 100];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["75Rnd_545x39_RPK", 100];

if (_suppressors>0) then
	{

if (!_ammoOnly) then
		{
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["AKS_74_UN_kobra", 100];
			_vec AddWeaponCargo ["VSS_vintorez", 100];

_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_VAL", 100];
			_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_VAL_KOBRA", 100];
			_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_VAL_PSO", 100];
		};

_vec addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_545x39_AKSD", 100];
		_vec addMagazineCargo ["20Rnd_9x39_SP5_VSS", 100];
	};

};

if (_weapons>2) then
{

// RU heavy weapons

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["PK", 100];
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["Pecheneg", 100];
	};
	_vec addmagazinecargo ["100Rnd_762x54_PK", 100];

};

if (_weapons>3) then
{

// RU very heavy weapons

if (!_ammoOnly) then
	{
		_vec AddWeaponCargo ["KSVK", 100];
	};
	_vec addmagazinecargo ["5Rnd_127x108_KSVK", 100];
};

//_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Rucksack_RD90", 100];
//_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Rucksack_RD91", 100];
//_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Rucksack_RD92", 100];
//_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Rucksack_RD54", 100];
//_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Rucksack_RD99", 100];
//_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Rucksack_EAST", 100];

};

// global items

if (_nightVision>0) then
{
_vec addWeaponCargo ["NVGoggles",100];
};

if (!_ammoOnly) then
{
_vec AddWeaponCargo ["ACE_Flaregun", 100];
};
_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_SSWhite_FG", 100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_SSRed_FG", 100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_SSGreen_FG", 100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["ACE_SSYellow_FG", 100];

_vec addWeaponCargo ["Laserdesignator",100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["Laserbatteries",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["Binocular",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["itemGPS",100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShell",100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellRed",100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellGreen",100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellYellow",100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellOrange",100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellPurple",100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellBlue",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_Earplugs",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesRoundGlasses",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesSunglasses",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesTactical",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesBlackSun",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesBlueSun",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesRedSun",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesGreenSun",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesLHD_glasses",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesGasMask_US",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesGasMask_RU",100];
_vec addWeaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesBalaklava",100];

if (_explosives>1) then
{

// global heavy explosives
_vec addMagazineCargo ["pipebomb",100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["mine",100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["ace_m84", 100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["ace_m7a3", 100];
_vec addMagazineCargo ["ace_m34", 100];

};

sleep 120;
};

Edited by galzohar

Galzohar & Makemebad, you nailed it. Many don't know the updaters exist and then there is the fact that people don't always have space for 50Gb of mods in order to play on all available servers and even then there is no guarantee that everyone wants to run the same version or wants to run 3rd party software.

All of these mods and stuff are fantastic but in the long run the community divides itself because of them. I won't be getting OA any time soon after its release, don't have the cash, but hopefully the in-game mod management feature will help a little bit.

It is important to clarify though that it is not the modders at fault for the non user friendly way in which mods are handled.

The worst thing is that something as simple as more server information in the server browser with some click-able links would've solved a big part of the problem.

The worst thing is that something as simple as more server information in the server browser with some click-able links would've solved a big part of the problem.

That will be good.:rolleyes:

BUT if u are a new ARMA-player, and u would like to play mp with some friends, or to play a quick mission on a server, with the click-able links it will be more comfortable but the good mods are big and so u have to wait and wait...

In Arma there is almost no quick-play...

On AAS-Server without mods quick-play was able, stable and very funny :) but there are no more servers everday online and full or with some players on it! :(

Have a nice day guys!

What are some good infantry ONLY AAS missions ?

Thanks

Lumberjack

Battle for Krasnostav

Battle for Lake Bled

The New World

Liquid Delta

King of the Hill

Berkabut Valley

Silent Death

Nastrovje

Berezino

Into the Dark

Cheeseburger Hill

Cold Water Gap

What Toaster said plus (pulled from memory)

Industrial Zone

Castle Rog

Dark and Deep

Urban Combat

Nadezhdino

(...)

Edited by qwertz

Thanks guys