Sign in to follow this  
Grey Fox

Ai's stupidest moments

I just played a mission online with some of the AI. Ok im commanding a squad and we are setting up a convoy. I get in the HMMWV and start moving. Being impatient I floored it honking the horn and running over the only medic on the map confused.gif what are the odds?!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Grey Fox @ April 18 2002,05:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just played a mission online with some of the AI. Ok im commanding a squad and we are setting up a convoy. I get in the HMMWV and start moving. Being impatient I floored it honking the horn and running over the only medic on the map confused.gif  what are the odds?!<span id='postcolor'>

That doesnt sound like AI stupidity...

What are the odds? Well, if the medic was directly in front of your Hummer, the odds are probably pretty good.

the problem is he was in the middle of the road staring at me. He was blocking the only way out. i even told him to move. he turns and i start moving. Then he runs into the Hmmwv killing himself. Glad to elaborate on that

Just be glad he was killed before he had a chance to find an AI Female and make some AI Babies, thereby wrecking the already shallow AI Gene Pool.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ April 17 2002,17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you mean when you shoot an enemy standing next to someone else, other guy is actually supposed to do something?<span id='postcolor'>

That`s what I would do!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 17 2002,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After a minute of not doing what it's told, it's justified to shoot the AI for disobeying a direct order...<span id='postcolor'>

And that`s what I always do tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 17 2002,18:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 17 2002,02:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cessna pilots who decides to pull full flaps when going into a stall. Flaps' not gonna help you pal...<span id='postcolor'>

Flaps lower stall speed, increase drag in the process, but improve lift.  Why else do they use them on takeoffs and landings ?  Because it lets the aircraft roll/touchdown at slower speeds.  When a plane like Cessna stalls, nothing serious happens, as long as you've got some altitude.  The plane will point nose down (due to engine weight) and once it reaches about 120km/h you'll gain lift again.  Extending flaps during such a manuver is not a common excercise, but it would lower your stall speed to about 95km/h<span id='postcolor'>

A pilot would never pull flaps during a stall. It eats more power than it gains lift. Flaps are only used for flaring before landings. What you see happen to the wing on f.ex. a Boeing 747 during takeoff, is not really flaps. The flaps are simply extended backwards to increase the wing surface. The term "flaps" is when they're turned downwards to flare the aircraft. This is what a Cessna Skyhawk can do, and it's highly recommended not to do this during a stall. It turns your airplane into a rock. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 18 2002,09:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 17 2002,18:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 17 2002,02:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cessna pilots who decides to pull full flaps when going into a stall. Flaps' not gonna help you pal...<span id='postcolor'>

Flaps lower stall speed, increase drag in the process, but improve lift.  Why else do they use them on takeoffs and landings ?  Because it lets the aircraft roll/touchdown at slower speeds.  When a plane like Cessna stalls, nothing serious happens, as long as you've got some altitude.  The plane will point nose down (due to engine weight) and once it reaches about 120km/h you'll gain lift again.  Extending flaps during such a manuver is not a common excercise, but it would lower your stall speed to about 95km/h<span id='postcolor'>

A pilot would never pull flaps during a stall. It eats more power than it gains lift. Flaps are only used for flaring before landings. What you see happen to the wing on f.ex. a Boeing 747 during takeoff, is not really flaps. The flaps are simply extended backwards to increase the wing surface. The term "flaps" is when they're turned downwards to flare the aircraft. This is what a Cessna Skyhawk can do, and it's highly recommended not to do this during a stall. It turns your airplane into a rock. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You are right about not extending flaps in a stall, with very rare exceptions. However the Larger aircraft do extend flaps on take off, many will also extend Slots from the leading edge of the wing also. They do this because it increases the camber of the wing which generates more lift.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scout @ April 17 2002,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if u remeber the mission i the original campaign that u r sent torescue the officer?

how much time does the APC survives there? 10 secs?          30 secs max? that all uve gotta look at!<span id='postcolor'>

That M113 doesnt die from the enemy just so you know. It could get killed by the enemy but I managed to get passed them and the silly thing just stops and explodes. It doesn't get hit by anything. I guess it is just one of the "uncontrolable things" that BIS decided "must" happen. Ya know kinda like when ya kill the Mi24 in the Montignac mission and your UH-60 never lands.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Booky @ April 18 2002,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scout @ April 17 2002,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if u remeber the mission i the original campaign that u r sent torescue the officer?

how much time does the APC survives there? 10 secs?          30 secs max? that all uve gotta look at!<span id='postcolor'>

That M113 doesnt die from the enemy just so you know. It could get killed by the enemy but I managed to get passed them and the silly thing just stops and explodes. It doesn't get hit by anything. I guess it is just one of the "uncontrolable things" that BIS decided "must" happen. Ya know kinda like when ya kill the Mi24 in the Montignac mission and your UH-60 never lands.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, ofp has many freak accidents - I just love that. Totally unbelievable shit also is said to happen during real warfare, so it's OK to have it in the game...

Yesterday I drove off the steepest cliff on Malden in an Abrams, while being turned out. It plunged into the sea and after a while it exploded and killed the crew, except for me... I was still sitting in the command turret, with my head above the water, very much alive  biggrin.gif

I have a screenshot, but no where to put it  sad.gif otherwise you could see it yourself. Cracked me up...

EDIT: Doh, now I realize your point... it was about scripted events not freak accidents...

I know SEAL stands for... well whatever but don't you think it's ironic that one of americas top military wosnames should be named after a cute fluffy animal that gets clubbed to death on a regular basis?

adding to the list:

the AI refuses to shoot at the enemy officer who is prone 10 feet in front of you, 3 feet from a bush and starts tracking a "ghost" and shooting at it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ April 18 2002,17:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know SEAL stands for... well whatever but don't you think it's ironic that one of americas top military wosnames should be named after a cute fluffy animal that gets clubbed to death on a regular basis?<span id='postcolor'>

Stuffed Euphoric Animal Lovers?

Anyway, the AI is stupid yes smile.gif

Though maybe thats whats so realistic about it biggrin.gif

Another thing to add. I setup a mission and ran it with an even number of 2 groups of Russian and US troops, US troops based in Morton and the Russian groups to take it. I was a Russian soldier. When we made contact with the enemy a gunfight broke out as normal. We took the village no problem. I changed to being a sniper and ran the mission again. I started sniping the targets before my guys got right near Morton. After I started shooting the US troops they ran around to the west of Morton looking for where the shots were coming from. Now my guys were suddenly appearing in my sights as I was shooting at the enemy! It looked like my guys were right on top of the enemy looking at each other but neither side shot at the other! I could see my guys walking towards them and vice versa looking right at each other but no shooting. My guys were in combat mode too. The Americans had their guns ready but nothing. All of a sudden the last few US troops started a firefight with my guys. Maybe the US troops were more concered about my bullets I don't know. And as for my guys? Maybe they just letting me do all the work and wanting to be close to my targets to see them get shot up close.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ April 18 2002,17:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know SEAL stands for... well whatever but don't you think it's ironic that one of americas top military wosnames should be named after a cute fluffy animal that gets clubbed to death on a regular basis?<span id='postcolor'>

Q: What's a baby fur seal's favourite drink?

A: Canadian Club on the rocks

Old, but I couldn't resist...

Yes I have parachute probs. You know normally on an AH1 when the rotor buggers. I automatically disembark forgetting my parachutes. It hilarious to see commies though rolling over and over in midair before SMACK. Also now if Im gunner and my Ai pilot tells me to eject I do it automatically on me chute then he throws out his chute with him NOT attached and then jumps out, talk about leap of faith. "damn one is down"

I made a beachead map and my squad wouldent move onto the inland waypoint till EVERY SINGLE MG42 sorry too used to DoD M2 was blown up! They also seemed obsessed with the "eastern sandbags" used in gunslingers mod damn grenadiers kept blowing em up

"talk about leap of faith"

MEGALOL biggrin.gif

Regarding the sandbags, don't use the editor upgrade ones. Just look under civilian objects or empty objects for "fence"

it's neutral.

"1: Target soldier"

"1: Target Abrams"

"1: No Target"

*CRACK--- SHATTER*

"You are dead"

Nuff said

Also in that infantry fight when I was a soldier when we ran into the enemy some of my guys were between me and the US troops so I had to shoot past them to hit the emeny. The americans shot back but my guys in front of me just kept on spinning on the spot. I thought it was amusing to see this biggrin.gif Also when the americans got close they were walking around slowly guns ready but me and some of my troops were right to their left just watching them! The AI can make some amusing moves smile.gif

Wow. The AI has become stupider than I could have ever imagined. It could be worse. Could be better. Does anyone consider this "fixable". Will they be ever so slightly smarter in Resistance? Who knows? Who cares? Who likes kitties?