Sign in to follow this  
Grey Fox

Ai's stupidest moments

OK, here goes my first post:

I was playing 'Ambush' and I was the jeep driver. I drove all the way up the mountain (the one near the friendly village) and drove off the side of it. It was about a 200 ft drop. In mid-air the jeep started doing rolls and flips. )Here's the stupid AI part) The commander guy says, in mid air, "Well, this jeep is unservisable, everyone out," or something like that. So while we were still plumitting toward the ground, the 3 other guys jumped out, hit the ground, and died on impact. Well so did I when the jeep hit, but I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

Here's another funny thing, but not by the AI. First, go to mission editor on any island. Place a LAW soldier and make him you (Player, whatever you guys call it.) Then place a UAZ 'bout 40 ft in front of him, then go to preview. Shoot the UAZ with the LAW and watch it shoot in the air like a rocket, it's HILARIOUS! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([DeltaOp]Cpl_Brian @ April 20 2002,04:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, here goes my first post:

I was playing 'Ambush' and I was the jeep driver. I drove all the way up the mountain (the one near the friendly village) and drove off the side of it. It was about a 200 ft drop. In mid-air the jeep started doing rolls and flips. )Here's the stupid AI part) The commander guy says, in mid air, "Well, this jeep is unservisable, everyone out," or something like that. So while we were still plumitting toward the ground, the 3 other guys jumped out, hit the ground, and died on impact. Well so did I when the jeep hit, but I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL biggrin.gif

I remember someone complaining about soldiers not getting blown away by a blast. Well, they certainly can be blown away by a BRDM

Try ramming a Jeep with MG really hard and fast with a BRDM. Sometimes the gunner on the Jeep gets rocketed 50 meters up the air before he splatters on the ground.

LMAO! I really have to try this. Anyone else find strange physics and other impossible things happening?

LOL Gimbal. Im going to try that sometime.

Has anyone ever noticed how sometimes when your driving a jeep or something and you hit a mountain at just the right angle it starts going crazy. I mean you do flips like 300 times in air before you hit the ground. Usually when that would happen you would land on your side and then fall back on all four wheels and start driving like nothing had even happend.

Its alotta of fun. tounge.gif  try it.

Recently on C01: Convoy (My jungle everon edit (I also did Desert) I ordered my MG Jeep gunner to shoot a Soviet 5m away with the 50 cal. He fired nonstop for 15 seconds missing every time, all rounds went to the left shoulder of the target soldier. I had to drive around to get my gunner to hit the soldier.

Aiming bugs.

here's one i said long time ago...when you are commander and grunts are AI's, try this.

select all your grunts, press 'Alt' and click any of your grunts in first-person view. the command should be 'All, watch 2'

every Ai watches 2, but what happens is that 2 starts to spin around endlessly.

i haven't tried it with 1.46 though...