Sign in to follow this  
Funkman

Dancing Women???

Hi,

I am trying to create a bar scene, I can get the soldiers to dance, but I also have been trying to get the 'sportsgirl' to dance, but she wont do it.

Is there a way to force the model to perform the dance, and/or a way to get women and civilians to dance?

Thanks,

I already tried that too, but couldn't get it to work. Dunno why, seems that the animation does not work for female characters.

regards

Dammit, now my movie is going to have really homosexual connotations..Oh well, its going to be great anyway...

Two workarounds I can think of:

1) Rely on addons which have women capable of anything. (Uhh, that actually sounded weird).

2) Name the place "The Blue Oyster Bar" and most will have a laugh and forgive you :D

Really too bad though, because some of the women (hooker?) has some really cool "pick up moves".

The animations are completely divided by gender. I had dug into this very thing before by looking inside the pbo's that come with Arma2. If it helps, the female FAUX news reporter WILL dance, because she is based on the male USMC class, so she won't do the female anims.

Sweet, that does help a lot.

Is that the character model named Velentia in the Editor? (I havent played through the campaign)?

I am referring to this add-on: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9475

Marian Quandt, reporter. This is the only one I have found so far. If anyone knows of another mod with a female that can use male animations, that would be awesome.

Ah, ok excellent, I am grabbing that addon now.

Shame she has a bullit proof vest on, kind of spoils the mood but at least she was female. :)

Thanks again.

Yeah the female units in ARMA 2 have different skeltons to the males so the dance anim wont work I'm affraid. As tregga900 said, Marian Quandt works as the skeleton is the male one for her, although she isnt the best woman-like model lol

The animations are completely divided by gender. I had dug into this very thing before by looking inside the pbo's that come with Arma2. If it helps, the female FAUX news reporter WILL dance, because she is based on the male USMC class, so she won't do the female anims.

So how i edit the woman class that they will behave like USMC class?

Sorry to jack this thread but is there a list of all actions somewhere, it would help a lot thanks

There is an incomplete list somewhere on the community pages, but I recommend using a viewer like this one http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6057

This way you can see what the anim does, and its broken down between soldier and women, and I think animals too now.

If you really meant actions, try http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Actions

Edited by AZCoder

Okok, my Machinima, Reminiscience is finally finished. I wanted to post in all these support threads so people can see what they were helping me out with.

I thank you all for your help.