Sign in to follow this  
Gollum1

Two words for ofpr: rivers & bridges

Well, of course why not... What could one comment against it?

Btw, that is three words, & is short for and, hence a word smile.gif

Resistance will hit the shops in about 2 months....so I guess it'll go gold in about a month.

The chances that they'll add more 'requested' features within a month from the deadline are like...practically non-existant smile.gif Dont get your hopes up too high wink.gif

it won't have rivers. I have read this on an interview before the game came out.

a) the game engine can't handle rivers (the maps are basically large chunks of land and you cannot have small rivers in them)

b) they don't have rivers on islands the size of the ones depicted in operation flashpoint

Feck! tounge.gif

Well l would like rivers. But since is not possible we can have bridges though even without rivers like when there is a clift or smt. That can be done and l want it!!! tounge.gif

Main roads passing from woods would be nice. A place where tanks will hate to pass from.

technically it can handle rivers...well kinda

just make "islands"

the game can handle islands.  just flag the "rivers" as ocean. the only downside would be you wouldn't be able to have them in the mountains, but you could make some sort of valley that has it at sea level.

it would take work but be cool

i've made a few bridges with gunslinger's addon but you can't drive on them sad.gif

they're still destroyable but the game isn't designed for that so the destroyed part just hovers in air

To drive on gunslingers concrete models Put an invisable H (Helipad) on top of them adjust height as required or so I have heard at OFP Internals.

wrpedit or visitor will deal with the rivers question in the very near future all though all rivers will have to be at sea level so no mountian streams sad.gif

Still maybe in OFP 2 (Independance Lost?)

I don't think the game engine can handle such features.

Look how crappy it feels when you climb posts or church towers ? I can only imagine how troubled bridges would be.

Having rivers and bridge would be cool. If BIS can't add it in Resistance, maybe in Independance Lost or OFP 2 if theyre will be one.

It's not because normal island do not have rivers that we can't add one or two on the islands in ofp. Same for bridge.

You know the kind of mission: protect the bridge or destroy the brigde or land on the bridge (why not?! would be fun to land on it with the cessna or by parachute and kill the ennemy on it). biggrin.gifwink.gif

two more words.

Marshy swamp-land

I was thinking how cool that would be to have a forest in a low elevation area and flood it just enough to be able to conceal yourself in it. It would be deep enough to hide in, but shallow enough to wade through. definite possabilities

if you read my post on this named "Info on restiance that was removed from codemaster"

it tells of just about every missions one of the missions well be to blow up a bridge so i'm quessing their well be a river and bridges lol. WOOT. also one of the first missions says he well be able to take a helo ride to watch the attack so my quess well be their well be also a new helo Woot!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ April 16 2002,23:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">YYIIIIAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!<span id='postcolor'>

Yea that what i said too lmao i had posted about this on are forum about a week ago i just cant belive noone posted it here maybe i was one of the lucky few that was able to download the Doc. file before it was removed !!!!

Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!! If i cant have the whole thing, then at least the island!!!

well the bridge does not have to cross a river.... what about making it go to an Island... Just have a point of interest on that Island that requires it to be connected to the main Island... Maybe tourist hotel/resort or maybe water too shallow for larger ships to dock on main island so they go to the smaller island etc..

or there could be no river. It could just go over normally un passable terrain like a rocky crag or canyon or something.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gonk @ April 17 2002,10:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well the bridge does not have to cross a river.... what about making it go to an Island...  Just have a point of interest on that Island that requires it to be connected to the main Island... Maybe tourist hotel/resort or  maybe water too shallow for larger ships to dock on main island so they go to the smaller island etc..<span id='postcolor'>

Dont you think the tourist hotel would be rather abandoned on a OFP island? Or blown up for that matter... As the bridge would be biggrin.gif

Maybe not...and maybe yes...well anyway, I just can't wait to get my hands on OFP Resistance!

Everyone says that the islands are too small for rivers, I guess if it's a big one, but how about creeks and ponds, etc. This would add a lot of atmosphere. I would love to see a small creek or canal on the land. Doesn't have to be a raging river, just a small one.

COLINMAN

There is an interview with Viktor Bocan at operationflashpoint.cz....he states that although the game doesn't handle rivers and streams, they "tried to bypass it a little bit" for the the new island...so I would expect at least a stream in there somewhere...he didn't mention bridges however.