Sign in to follow this  
Bryce23

Afghanistan Base And FOB Template

Afghanistan Base And FOB Template version 1.0 By, Bryce A. (Bryce23)

Hello everyone. I have recently made a main base and a fob template in the new Helmand valley map. (Afghanistan)

The main base has fixed wing aircraft, rotor craft, an HQ tent, a grenade range, rifle range, pistol range, kill house(from 1ID training base), obstacle course, realistic gate, a motor pool, HALO jump target, armory, hospital, barracks and much more. i focused on realism during the creation of this base.

I also built a small FOB (foward operating base) on the South West side of the map.The fob has a hospital, ammo, a few vehicles and some aircraft.

The main base/fob are perfect for a training mission or for using as a template for you next mission! It will save time and allow you to have a realistic base.

Updated to version 1.1 on 5/8/10

Updated to version 1.3 on 6/21/10

Change log:

v1.3

- Added separate US Army and USMC Templates

- Added Completely Re-designed fob

- Added new ACE gear

- Fixed H-barriers overlapping

v1.2

- Added Ace desert Tusk tanks

- Added New ACE Gear

- Fixed AI .50 Cal base defense gunners were outside the H-Barriers

v1.1

* Fixed:

- All SQF errors are fixed

- No entrance to kill house/pistol range

- Hedgehog blocking center lane in obstacle course

- Floating wire near main base entrance

* Added:

- New ACE hostage targets to add realism to kill house

- Ammo boxes and Ambulance near kill house

v1.0

- First release

Download Link: http://www.filefront.com/16819741/FOB--Base-Template-1.3.zip

I included both the PBO and SQM versions for easy editing. I also included a readme and some screenshots The base template does come with units placed but feel free to delete them.

Addons Required:

-Helmand Valley

-ACE

-ACEX

-CBA

To Install: (PLEASE READ THE README)

SQM--Place the Afghanistan%20Base%20Template%201%2e0.villa_afgana folder into your missions folder in your ARMA 2 other profiles folder

PBO-- Simply place the PBO file into your MP missions folder or missions folder in your ARMA 2 main directory

This is the first mission/addon of mine that has been published so i would love some constructive feed back.

Author info: (please feel free to contact me)

-Name: Bryce A.

-Email: mrb942@msn.com

ENJOY!! :bounce3:

Some screen shots:

MainBaseEntrance-1-1.jpg

ViewofNsideofbase-1.jpg

GrenadeRange-1.jpg

Edited by Bryce23

Thanks, looks good.

Nice base.

I had some issues installing. I had to download the island. For the island to work you had to have 2 additional addons. It works with the razmisc.pbo but the opx pbos didnt work for me. I read alittle farther and see they are not compateable with Arma2. So I just put the 2 files below to my addon folder and it worked. I am going to use this map and base in my next mission. Thanks alot. You saved me lots of time :-)

razmisc.pbo

villa_afgana.pbo

Thanks everyone.

And yes the map is a bit difficult to install because it uses pbo's from Avgani and waziristan maps. But in my opinion that is a good thing b/c having these pbo's allows the user to place middle east style buidlings/objects without requiring more addons.

UPDATE: THIS IS ALL FIXED IN VERSION 1.1

I have found a few errors at start up with the base. It says it requires a few scripts. I also found a small floating electrical wire near the main gate. These problems can be fixed easily and i will have a new version out asap. I will also add a few new things like putting the new ACE practice hostage targets into the kill house to make it a bit more realistic.

Please comment and give me your thoughts on my base. Like i said in my original post, this is my first published addon/mission so i really want to know what i can change and what the community likes.

Thanks again.

Edited by Bryce23
updated version

very nice bro! i love the realistic feel of the base! good work and i would love to see more work come from you in the future!

Dave,

Well i have updated my template to version 1.1

All the start up errors are gone. I also added a few things like a ramp to get over the H-barriers and into the kill house/ pistol range area. For some reason the author of the map blocked the north east side of the base. But it is now accessible via the ramps i added.

Change log ver 1.1:

Fixed:

-All SQF errors are fixed

-No entrance to kill house/pistol range

-Hedgehog blocking center lane in obstacle course

-Floating wire near main base entrance

Added:

-New ACE hostage targets to add realism to kill house

-Ammo boxes and Ambulance near kill house

New FTP location:

http://www.filefront.com/16396553/Afghanistan-Base-Template-Ver-1.1.zip/

I hope you guys enjoy the template and the changes i made.

Thanks, I am tired of making my own bases and FOBs, so I will try your template. :bounce3:

Hi, looks really good fun, but i have a problem...

does this not work with ace version 1.1, since i keep getting an error saying a file has been deleted?

thanks in advanced for any help

I have tested this wit the new ace version. If your ACE is out of date it will not let you play it because i have added the new ACE hostage targets into the killhouse that came with the update a couple days ago. What is your exact error message?

And thanks for downloading

Thanks for putting this together. Great map that needed it. I haven't built any bases in ages, so it certainly saves me from waisting valuable gaming time that's been rare these days on building bases (I HATE not having a nice looking base in the missions I play, ha!) instead of getting to play. Especially when I tend to get too into building and before I know it, everyone left 6 hours later and I never noticed. :p

hi, thanks for the quick reply,

when i try to play the mission, it says:

"cannot play...dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted ace_sys_popup"

this error messager has appeared twice, first with the latest ace version (using six updater), and then when i installed ace v1.1 without six updater... :confused:

hope you can help me, i really like the look of this template :)

wardi, it sounds like your missing some ACE files. Try and use yomas addon sync 2009 instead of six updater. you can get it on armaholic. downloads-arma2files-misc and utilities-addon sync 2009

once you download that find the kellys heroes ace 2 server and click "check for addons" then download addons. Im sure you can find a better guide on how to use addon sync on these forums.

Good luck with your ACE

thanks bryce, got it working :)

i just had to entirely reinstall ace2 but it was worth it ;)

This is what I did for fireteam training for my unit(15th MEU[sOC]) tonight Bryce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13s1_myx6eg

Thanks for the awesome kill house. It's going to become the standard training area for my guys to use to practice CQB fundamentals.

If I could change one thing about it though, I'd put a script on both entrances of the kill house to reset the pop up targets and make it so that once you shoot them down they stay down.

Edited by MacScottie

This is what I did for fireteam training for my unit(15th MEU[sOC]) tonight Bryce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13s1_myx6eg

Thanks for the awesome kill house. It's going to become the standard training area for my guys to use to practice CQB fundamentals.

If I could change one thing about it though, I'd put a script on both entrances of the kill house to reset the pop up targets and make it so that once you shoot them down they stay down.

Im glad you like the base :) About the script, like i said. i did not include any scripts with this base because it was only a template. But you can put a simple script in that when you shoot the targets down they do not pop back up until you go to a flag pole and click "reset targets" I use this script myself and it works great. You can find it here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8506

I hope that helps you out and im happy you are enjoying the base.

Bryce

I have updated my base once again. This new version is 1.2 I added and fixed a couple things.

Change log:

Ver 1.2:

Added:

-Ace desert Tusk tanks

-New ACE Gear

Fixed:

-AI .50 Cal base defense gunners were outside the H-Barriers

ver 1.1:

Fixed:

-All SQF errors are fixed

-No entrance to kill house/pistol range (problem with the map)

-Hedgehog blocking center obstacle course

-Floating wire near main base entrance

Added:

-New ACE hostage targets to add realism to killhouse

-Ammo boxes and Ambulance near killhouse

1.0:

-initial Release

--------------------------------------------------------

The new FTP link: http://www.filefront.com/16730489/Helmand_Valley-Base-1.2.zip

Please let me know what you think

I have updated my template once again. :)

This is the biggest update yet. The template now comes in two different versions. One for the USMC and one for the US Army. So i hope that will be helpful for the mission makers out there. I have also completely re-done the FOB. it now has guard towers, barracks and more realistic H-barrier placement. I also added some of the new ace gear as well. This base is easily merged to any map so i hope it will become essential for many mission makers. This base seems pretty clean and bug-less. So unless any bugs or suggestions are reported i think this will be the last update. I need some time to work on my new mission(s) Enjoy :)

Change log:

Ver 1.3:

Added:

-separate US Army and USMC Templates

-Completely Re-designed fob

-Added new ACE gear

Fixed:

-H-barriers overlapping

New FTP link: http://www.filefront.com/16819741/FOB--Base-Template-1.3.zip/

Thanks!

Hey Bryce, amazing FOB, that was what the map needed! :)

I just downloaded it and I see, since you splitted them, two Templates.

Do I have to decide what to use? Or can I use both? Clear that out for me please. :) Cant wait to try that FOB.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Jesus, try before ask... Again...

I see, to create missions and stuff I can use the layouts for the FOBs.

Beautiful work, I am spending my next hour exploring these, you bastard, haha. :D Amazing work!

All in 2d Editor? Or did you use some 3D Editoring there? Because the amount of placement-work must be huuuuge!

I love your template, but any chance of you updating the firebase near the river? Or a artillery firebase for the player to use?

Wow... Amazing template, I just spent a lot of time walking, driving, flying... Nice work.

I would LOVE to see some "find weapon cache" missions in this map! Or are there already some...?

I have a question about the arty. The further I target, the "bigger" the scale becomes. Do the rounds hit randomly in that marked area? Or is there a way I can exactly tell the round where to go?

Wow again, good job on that!