Sign in to follow this  
Frostman

ArmA II Stargate Mod

Is there one place to download the A2 SG mod? most of the links on there forum dont work.

there isnt hunterTX... but i hope there will be one in the future.

@Frostman finnaly you got it!! congratulation!! =) so whats the difference between the new gates and the olds gates that you release already ~2 years(?) ago. is it MP-compatible? or any other new functions compared to the olds ones? or only better performance and bug fixes and stuff?

greets =)

@Frostman finnaly you got it!! congratulation!! =) so whats the difference between the new gates and the olds gates that you release already ~2 years(?) ago. is it MP-compatible? or any other new functions compared to the olds ones? or only better performance and bug fixes and stuff?

greets =)

Well code wise these new gates are entirely different, apart from sharing a few basic design concepts its fundamentally a different mod.

Yes, this version is MP-compatible (excluding the latest SVN as I've introduced a bug which needs fixing), its easier to modify / distribute and has third party support (i.e. anyone can make their own version of the Stargate's by plugging into the DSF base code, say if you wanted to change a texture or sound).

As for performance theirs a huge gain as I'm using a completely new technique to track ballistic and unit paths; their will also be a number of graphical improvements on the effect and models but I'll probably wait till after the initial release to introduce these as they will take a while to perfect.

As for performance theirs a huge gain as I'm using a completely new technique to track ballistic and unit paths

Do you mean you can shoot through Stargate A and the rounds will exit Stargate B? :eek:

Do you mean you can shoot through Stargate A and the rounds will exit Stargate B? :eek:

if i remember i think that may have been even possible in the OFP Stargate Mod

Well, I've been away from the SciFi mod genre for a while, I didn't get to use the A1 gates much.

Umm... Yes, thats exactly my meaning.

Shall we see a campaign for this mod?

Would be totally awesome to play a interactive movie-type campaign :)

Shall we see a campaign for this mod?

Would be totally awesome to play a interactive movie-type campaign :)

Let them concentrate on the addons. Everyone can make missions.

yeah.. but they are working on a warfare game mod afaik =)

new technique to track ballistic and unit paths;

oh yeah i remember by the arma 1 gates. the AI was always too dump to go through the gate^^ the improvments sound really great!! keep it up!