Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

SIX Projects - Updater Suite, Portal, Config Browser, etc.

Your a bloody machine Sickboy! ill be refreshing this page on the lookout! or are we talking maybe wont be out till 2moro? ;)
2morrow is not in my vocabulary :P

Solved in beta3pre2; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16720#note-3

Hopefully that also was the problem for themaster's buddy.

Please confirm and do tell if any more issues :)

Edited by Sickboy

Boom!! So it does, all working now :yay:

p.s. can you give that Xeno a kick in the bum and tell him to get his Domination out! ;)

Edited by OrdeaL

Latest (2.0 beta 3) version available at; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-updater-gui/files

Addresses various issues, minor improvements, and includes (not very elegant) self-updater, so future software updates can happen automatically for the most part.

The finalization of 2.0 is nearly complete, RC status will be reached soon, and work will commence on version 2.1.

For details see http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-updater-gui/roadmap

Is the issue reproducable each time?

Yes.

this problem only with this program:

Display resolution 1024x768 - LG F700P - 85 Hz

sixupd2betax010s03.jpg

Edited by RainDrop

Yes. this problem only with this program:

Thanks. Any change if you maximize / minimize the program window?

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Reuploaded Beta 3 as Beta3a; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-updater-gui/files

Sorry for the hassle but the self-updater is now more user friendly and can actually update the core exe's and dll's now too, while also providing an option not to self-update.

@RainDrop: It includes possible fixes for the black stripes issue you are experiencing, please confirm, thanks!

Edited by Sickboy

i had the crash problem too and got it fixed by right clicking on the six desktop icon went to the install folder

found the red icon named SixUpdater right click make it run as admin and it worked :-)

i had the crash problem too and got it fixed by right clicking on the six desktop icon went to the install folder

found the red icon named SixUpdater right click make it run as admin and it worked :-)

It seems the application manifest that defines that the software should run as administrator was not included properly, fixed in Beta3b.

This new version is fantastic! My only trouble I've had is changing the preset to only install and update, not launch the game as well. It took me a few minutes to find the "save" button. My one suggest thus far is make it stand out more. I didn't even realize it was clickable until the cursor moved over it and it lit up orange. Make that just a bit more noticeable is all I can really think of at this point.

All in all I like it much more. I never had problems with the first versions but v2.0 is a great step up in aesthetics and function. I applaud you for continuing to evolve the Updater. It's come along way!

Thanks again bud for all you've done over the years! Thanks to all those who've contributed as well.

This new version is fantastic! My only trouble I've had is changing the preset to only install and update, not launch the game as well. It took me a few minutes to find the "save" button. My one suggest thus far is make it stand out more. I didn't even realize it was clickable until the cursor moved over it and it lit up orange. Make that just a bit more noticeable is all I can really think of at this point.

All in all I like it much more. I never had problems with the first versions but v2.0 is a great step up in aesthetics and function. I applaud you for continuing to evolve the Updater. It's come along way!

Thanks again bud for all you've done over the years! Thanks to all those who've contributed as well.

Glad to hear, and thanks ;-)

For next update, i've removed the Edit Tools->Preset save button, instead it will auto save changes. Next will be the Profile one.

More to come, stay tuned ;-)

Latest enhancements pushed - If you had beta3a or later, the auto-self update should take care of it.

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

works now ;) thanks for that nice tool.

greetings from

MOMO ;)

Glad to hear ;)

Latest enhancements pushed - If you had beta3a or later, the auto-self update should take care of it.

Changes include:

- Better threading/busy/locking behaviour

- Easily update server information, e.g fetch the latest gamespy info from selected servers.

- Support for manually adding mods to your modline (e.g mods that aren't on the updater. You can do so at Profiles, Edit Tools->Profile)

- Various small improvements and fixes

If all goes well, 2.0 will probably reach Release Candidate status by Friday.

Edited by Sickboy

yeah well done on the interface! Clean and professional. Two thumbs up from here, thanks a lot.

Glad you guys like my GUI efforts ;) Admittedly it was a bit overdue, but better late than never right :)

Hopefully I can further improve on that with new features for v2.1 :)

Latest code is available over auto-self-update.

Planning to release 2.0 RC1 tomorrow.

Super nice work on RC1!

I love how it color codes complete/corrupt/missing mods. Turns out my ACE install wasn't as complete as I thought it was!

Do you have a tip jar somewhere?

Addressed 2 issues in lib update 31 (you will receive by auto-self-update next program start);

Super nice work on RC1!

I love how it color codes complete/corrupt/missing mods. Turns out my ACE install wasn't as complete as I thought it was!

Do you have a tip jar somewhere?

Thank you, glad to hear :)

Currently I have no tip jar laying around, yet most actions, fields etc have tooltips explaining what they do.

I'm trying to keep the documentation inside the application as much as possible, this will be further finalized towards the final release of 2.0.

By then i'll evaluate what kind of external documentation is useful :-)

Any suggestions / wishes?

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

High memory usage when updater runs 'internal' should be solved in exec update 21 and lib update 32.

Edited by Sickboy

Oh whoobs, haha, i'm not so much into money-making that it elluded me! :D

I suppose I should add a donate button into the app, even though it isn't my objective.