Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

SIX Projects - Updater Suite, Portal, Config Browser, etc.

I want to test this new Six but read here or @ ACE topic that NET4 may f*ck up the PC (or slow it down)while using XP 86x. Thats BS or there some truth in there?

About time to move on to Seven...

I want to test this new Six but read here or @ ACE topic that NET4 may f*ck up the PC (or slow it down)while using XP 86x. Thats BS or there some truth in there?

About time to move on to Seven...

BS. And there is always the uninstall option ;-)

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

My problem isn't actual any more. Thx. Nice tool.

Glad to hear! :cool:

Latest lib update pushed with improved updater output, rsync progress output doesn't display multiline anymore but updates the current line,

and reduced some unnecessary logoutput.

Started to take a peek into rSync alternatives, to be able to provide more easy mirror hosting, but also private community/clan/server mirrors, while not loosing the awesome delta-compression, update speeds and bandwidth saving rSync can deliver on updating files.

Currently zSync is my top candidate, if you're interested or have some feedback, you can follow the progress over at; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/7180#note-7

The feature will be planned either for 2.1 or 2.2, and is suplemental.

Edited by Sickboy

badger;1841940']How can I automatically run the ACE updating with Six-updater on the server running on windous?

Setup the preset/profile etc the way you want it' date=' make sure you enable 'Server' checkbox inside the Profile,

execute/save once so the six-updater.yml configuration file is setup correctly in C:\users\yourname\appdata\roaming\six-updater (or older than vista: C:\documents and settings\your name\application data\six-updater)

Then create a task in the task scheduler ([url']http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383614(v=VS.85).aspx[/url])

run: C:\program files\six updater\sixupdater.exe

Start folder: C:\program files\six updater

Parameters: --kill --install --startgame --force

Adjust the parameters to your likings. force will ignore skip-status, kill will first stop the running game if found, startgame will run the game after completion.

For full list see; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Overview#Commandline%20parameters

If you like you can copy the six-updater.yml to say C:\games\server.yml

then prepend to parameters:

C:\games\server.yml

This way you can keep using the updater GUI with different presets, without interfeiring with your set server configuration file.

(Replace paths with your true paths)

Also working on more startup/automation options; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16593

And a dedicated server config file editor; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16957

Just pushed new exec and lib updates to include missing (server) startup parameters in the Profile Edit tools.

(server, netlog, mpstatistics, ranking, profiles, port, bepath, pid, name, cfg and config)

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

The 2.0 Milestone has been reached; http://dev-heaven.net/versions/show/860

:yay:

I will release RC2 shortly, please if you have feedback / bug reports, please report asap; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Support

Once 2.0 is finalized, I will start planning and work on the next version; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-updater-gui/roadmap

:cool:

Edited by Sickboy

Six Updater 2.0 RC2 Released!

15gqo8g_thumb.png

Image album; http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/sickboy6th/Six%20Updater%202/

Changes:

• Further improved usability and tooltip help
  • Implemented missing arma2 startup parameters
  • Implemented splash-screen during low level initialization of the application
  • SixUpdateCheck is now also a GUI app and has a green icon
  • SixWrapper removed, no longer needed; much improved download progress output.

If no critical bugs are found, this will be the final 2.0 release.

Download @ http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater

Edited by Sickboy

I wanted to say this for some time already, finally remembered it when I'm on the internet..

Great job on Six Updater 2.0! Quite easy to use and SO MUCH faster than the web-based version.

Thanks Sickboy and keep up the good work.

I wanted to say this for some time already, finally remembered it when I'm on the internet..

Great job on Six Updater 2.0! Quite easy to use and SO MUCH faster than the web-based version.

Thanks Sickboy and keep up the good work.

Thank you! I am really glad the updater 2.0 is so well received!

Gives me also the right motivation to invest and make it even better, easier to use, and include more features.

I'm hoping that in the near future, adding support for zSync and custom mirrors/mod repositories so clans/communities/servers can manage their own (private) mods and versions, and also provide even more functionality like teamspeak information to connect with etc, and perhaps in-game integrations,

will be able to put an end to the generic distaste of using addons in Multiplayer.

And hopefully will encourage the use of non goliath mods (like ACE or other full conversion / big mods), as well as improve the massive bandwidth usages community fan sites have to endure, while not loosing the usefulness of such news/addon hosting sites in the process.

In short, if motivation remains, I have big plans for Six Updater ;-)

Documentation updated, GUI Startup parameters added, scheduled updating FAQ item added.

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Documentation

Six Updater 2.0 stable release is imminent, perhaps later tonight but probably tomorrow.

Small changes and fixes have been applied since RC2, most already available in the latest auto-self-update packages.

Thanks all for feedback and reports, keep it coming though, development will start on the next Milestone.

Edited by Sickboy

Six Updater 2.0 Stable

Changes since RC2

• Warn user when he has custom addons in addons, common or expansion/addons folders
  • Warn user when he has an old arma2/oa version, and link to where he can download update.
  • SixUpdateCheck now stores downloaded files in temp folder
  • Improved the structure of the application folder; no more duplicate dll's.
  • Disabled debug logging
  • Added contributors/supporters to About dialog
  • Improved speedtest (Faster, Mirror ping/priority handling)
  • Included .NET exception and stacktrace at exception report
  • Enabled VisualStyles for the DataGrids (Improves visuals)
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements

Download

Due to changes to SixUpdateCheck and the application folder structure,

it is recommended to uninstall previous 2.0 (pre-release) version, delete the Six Updater folder from Program Files,

and cleanly install this final 2.0 version.

You do NOT have to remove configuration files/database.

Edited by Sickboy

thx for six updater 2.0 :)

it was running fine until today, but today's use of 2.0 rc1 and now (after having deinstalled rc1 and installing 2.0 final) I get this one:

starting six updater (installed latest version: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-updater-gui)

I get this during start up and tool freezes missing some progress:

-------

Initializing... please wait

23:38:52: ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid SQLite3::SQLException: SQL logic error or missing database: SELECT * FROM "queryservers" ORDER BY name

-------

and (after killing process and restarting six 2.0 some minutes later)

------

Initializing... please wait

00:02:06: Auto Synchronizing...

00:02:12: Synchronized 133 records with server-site!

00:02:13: Fetching server info for arma2oapc... Pings and Countries: false

00:02:19: Received 898 arma2oapc servers, Updating database...

00:02:40: ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid SQLite3::SQLException: SQL logic error or missing database: SELECT * FROM "queryservers" ORDER BY name

-------

what might be the case for that ?

Edited by langgis08

Have to say to Sickboy and the rest of the Team, Gui suite is Awesome, find it easier better to navigate as it does most things for you, its easier to navigate than the six updater, and far superior than addon sync

I have a question, I run multiple copies of Arma on a server box, how do i go about changing the params setting to chose between different servers ?

thx for six updater 2.0 :)

it was running fine until today, but today's use of 2.0 rc1 and now (after having deinstalled rc1 and installing 2.0 final) I get this one

At uninstallation, did you tell it to remove configuration files, database etc?

If you did, perhaps the next startup of six updater didn't complete properly.

Please remove the database again http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater#Configuration%20database%20/%20log%20files

Then start the software again.

If still issues, please create a ticket with logfiles attached; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Support

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

Have to say to Sickboy and the rest of the Team, Gui suite is Awesome, find it easier better to navigate as it does most things for you, its easier to navigate than the six updater, and far superior than addon sync

I have a question, I run multiple copies of Arma on a server box, how do i go about changing the params setting to chose between different servers ?

Thanks, I take that as a big compliment :)

As to multiple servers etc;

Create a Profile for each server you intend to run, tick the server checkbox on them. If path and or exe is different for servers, enter these in the profile fields.

After editing press enter and click save to store the changes you make to a profile.

You can change the startup parameters at Edit Tools->Profile (These changes save automatically)

Now you can either use a shared Preset, but change the Profile on the Home tab, to each server, and perform updater actions with it.

Or, if you like, you can also create a preset for each server, set the Profiles you made on these presets (edit tools -> preset, these changes save automatically)

Then clear the Profile field on the home tab, and just switch between the presets you created and perform the actions you desire.

In this case, you could create shortcuts to the updater GUI, and use commandline parameters to automatically execute the preset of your choosing upon clicking that shortcut;

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater#Commandline%20parameters

(The only problem at this time is that you can nowhere read the preset ID field at this time, and you need to use an SQLite manager to inspect the database and find the ID of your presets :P

I will correct this shortly)

Alternatively you can use the legacy method of exported six-updater.yml configuration files, and the updater console; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ

If you have any more questions or something isn't clear, feel free to let me know.

I will shape this up into a FAQ item soon, and perhaps improve the steps required :)

Edited by Sickboy

Hi Sickboy,

first of all congrats to your great tool, really a step forward!

One question, is it planned to support multiple moddirectories, selectable at a per mod basis?

I got an SSD for arma, but due to space constrains prefer to keep only the most crucial mods there.

It would be nice to be able to choose from two different locations where to put the mod in question.

cheers

Crusader

Edited by TheCrusader

At uninstallation, did you tell it to remove configuration files, database etc?

Thx ... problem was I didn't remove config & db, indeed ... so I deinstalled 100%, installed again ... and works fine ! solved :)

Hi Sickboy,

first of all congrats to your great tool, really a step forward!

One question, is it planned to support multiple moddirectories, selectable at a per mod basis?

I got an SSD for arma, but due to space constrains prefer to keep only the most crucial mods there.

It would be nice to be able to choose from two different locations where to put the mod in question.

cheers

Crusader

Currently you can enter custom modpath in settings profiles. Enter modpath, press enter, and click save.

These are for all mods you process with it though.

Mods also have a path field, however this is currently not enabled in the UI, I will change that soon. Once enabled, you can specify the root-path where this mod needs to be installed.

I've found a small inconvience; currently the launcher does not add the full path to the -mod= line, so starting the game with Six Updater and custom mod installation folder will not work as expected, i'll solve that as well.

Update Making progress;

Starting the game expansion/beta/arma2oa.exe from C:/Games/ArmA2
-noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-mod=C:\data\tmp\expansion\beta;C:\data\tmp\expansion\beta\expansion;C:\data\tmp\@CBA;C:\data\tmp\@ACEX_USNavy;C:\data\tmp\@ACEX;C:\Data\tmp2\@ACE;C:\data\tmp\@ACEX_SM;C:\data\tmp\@ACEX_RU"

This is with a profile with modpath set to C:\data\tmp, @ACE path set to C:\data\tmp2, while the game is in C:\games\arma2.

Thx ... problem was I didn't remove config & db, indeed ... so I deinstalled 100%, installed again ... and works fine ! solved :)
Glad to hear.

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

I've pushed the first Six Updater 2.1dev (App 11, Lib 54, Exec 33), nothing fancy yet...

You can select mods, hit copy selected, enter a postfix, and the modfolders will be copied excluding .rsync folders, to the new location. This should be helpful if you want to backup specific versions of the mods, and set them aside for whatever reason.

The original mod folder will stay in tact.

Additionally, i've sorted the custom mod installation folder feature;

You can set a custom Modpath on a profile, or directly on a Mod (path field). - Don't forget to hit enter, and click save, after editing the fields.

Setting it on a profile makes for quite some flexibility with installing batches of mods to different folders, and even installing the same mod to different locations if you'd want that for whatever reason.

Setting it on the mod makes the mod always install/update to specified rootfolder, regardless of what profile and game / mod path is setup on the profile.

If you have feedback or bugs, please let me know!

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/sickboy6th/Six%20Updater%202/Six%20Updater%2021/

Edited by Sickboy

Hey Sickboy,

A friend and I have a problem with the SixUpdater. When I startet it the first time, I was able to start setting up a preset, until it just crashed (Sixupdater is not responding, bla). Now it crashes everytime when the Six Gui wants to start. Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 Bit

UAC disabled and tried with "Start as administrator".

Thanks

Hey Sickboy,

A friend and I have a problem with the SixUpdater. When I startet it the first time, I was able to start setting up a preset, until it just crashed (Sixupdater is not responding, bla). Now it crashes everytime when the Six Gui wants to start. Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 Bit

UAC disabled and tried with "Start as administrator".

Thanks

Please try removing the configuration database, if that doesn't work, have you tried a complete uninstall and install latest setup?

If still issues please create a ticket with mentioned log files and i'll get straight on it; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Support

Edited by Sickboy

Hey Sickboy!

I´ve got the same Problem as mentioned above, and opened a Ticket at DH.

Greets

Marc

Hey Sickboy!

I´ve got the same Problem as mentioned above, and opened a Ticket at DH.

Greets

Marc

Thanks! Issue should be solved in app update 15.

Currently you can enter custom modpath in settings profiles. Enter modpath, press enter, and click save.

These are for all mods you process with it though.

Mods also have a path field, however this is currently not enabled in the UI, I will change that soon. Once enabled, you can specify the root-path where this mod needs to be installed.

I've found a small inconvience; currently the launcher does not add the full path to the -mod= line, so starting the game with Six Updater and custom mod installation folder will not work as expected, i'll solve that as well.

Thank you, very much looking forward to it!

Cheers

Crusader

Thank you, very much looking forward to it!

Cheers

Crusader

NP; you get the features as soon as you restart the app, they're in 2.1dev self update :D

Thanks! Issue should be solved in app update 15.

Problem is solved here and i hope for everyone else too. Thank you for the quick Response!

Problem is solved here and i hope for everyone else too. Thank you for the quick Response!

Glad to hear.