Sign in to follow this  
Tombini

ARMA 2 for OnLive?

Hey everyone.

I'm waiting eagerly to find out if the new OnLive service will turn out how the company is promising, but I was wondering that if it does would ARMA 2 be available for the service?

I'm on the verge of maybe buying a nice new computer, but if this service is what it says, I won't really need to. I dunno, I'm hopeful. But ARMA 2 would be a perfect game to pair up with OnLive. Has anyone heard anything?

Arma2 is all about community created content, customizing the game to suit your preferences, an infinite amount of user created missions, etc. With OnLive you would most likely be stuck with the vanilla game. And then there are the issues with bandwidth availability and quality. Personally I agree with the skeptics - I think OnLive won't work very well, if at all.

My advice: do yourself a favor and grab that nice new computer. ;)

If the service can deliver on its promises than most likely.

I will abandon my PC :p

Thats only if onlive can play Arma 2 on Max at 60FPS since right now its currently impossible requires an entire galaxy worth of star power.

MadDogX has I point though.

Community made content and Medium high graphics @30fps or Highest graphics @60FPS.

Oh the horror.

I'd always go with a new computer, then rely on their service. As MadDogX put it, Custom content, missions and the likes are not possible with onlive, if i understood it right.

Exactly, and then factor in the price, onLive still isn't cheap, probably half of what you'd pay for a PC, but without all the other things that a PC can do, I'd avoid it like the plague, especially with ArmA - honestly, is anyone playing without mods? I can't imagine it :(

Arma2 is all about community created content, customizing the game to suit your preferences, an infinite amount of user created missions, etc. With OnLive you would most likely be stuck with the vanilla game. And then there are the issues with bandwidth availability and quality. Personally I agree with the skeptics - I think OnLive won't work very well, if at all.

My advice: do yourself a favor and grab that nice new computer. ;)

I agree

tried the beta, games didn't look very good, and it was "laggy".

There is a simple difference that makes ArmA2 impossible on OnLive

ArmA2 is real

OnLive is a fairy-tale

Any idea where you can buy credit default swaps on this company?

All things considered. I prefer blaming my own computer for failures. Not some distant one I have no control over. :)

Am I the only one who doesn't know what 'OnLive' is?

Never mind, just Googled it. Seems like a pretty good idea but I think the people who own OnLive would hate to have ArmA II on there, the amount they would have to spend on the equipment haha.

It only stands to reason that your adding another layer between yourself and the server. Unless they start hosting their own servers it will inevitably suffer from the pc standpoint for the simple reason no one wants any more latency.