Sign in to follow this  
xy20032004

Unlock viewdistance limit in the next patch???

In the lastest Patch 69645, it seems many people have texture problem if their viewdistance is set to be less than about 3500m. The new patch may require higher viewdistance to set, 5000m? 10000m?

But here comes an old problem, it is that with viewdistance set to be more than 6000m, all trees, military objects, soldiers will suddenly disappear at about 3000m away. With viewdistance mod, now bulidings can been seen even at 10000m, but no other things.

Can BI developers unlock the viewdistance limit so all trees, military objects, soldiers can be seen far far away? If most player's pc can not deal with this, at least some can. Is it possible to give us the choice of using this function in the next patch?

Shoot a tank at a distance of 5000m away with hellfire from a AH-64D is really a happy thing!

jcove has a separate slider as far as i remember for object distance. hope arma2 AO gets one too.

Viewdistance mod is only effective to buildings. All trees, military objects, soldiers will not be seen beyond 3000m. So only BI developers can solve this problem.

Viewdistance mod is only effective to buildings. All trees, military objects, soldiers will not be seen beyond 3000m. So only BI developers can solve this problem.

I don't think so. I was able to see trees, roads and units too. There were separated files for that.

so this mod you speak of where could one get it please :).

as if this truly does allow me to see units,trees etc further than the caped limit at moment shold be very good :).

cheers

Bouben, you are a funny guy :-)

None of us can see any tree, military object, soldier beyond 3000m when viewdistance is set to above 6000m.

Those files of viewdistance mod are not useful for distance above 3000m except buildings.

stk2008

For those files, search this forum, or go to some mod sites, such as www.armaholic.com. You won't miss them.

Bouben, you are a funny guy :-)

None of us can see any tree, military object, soldier beyond 3000m when viewdistance is set to above 6000m.

Those files of viewdistance mod are not useful for distance above 3000m except buildings.

stk2008

For those files, search this forum, or go to some mod sites, such as www.armaholic.com. You won't miss them.

Really? Maybe I just don't remember exactly. Anyway, I said "I don't think so" and not "I am the only one who knows the truth and has a patent for it." so there is no reason to be offensive. ;)

Sorry for distortion.

I can miss them and I did. I did a search and found nothing but never mind.

...I could swear I could see buildings and trees beyond 3000m if my view distances is set higher than such. I'll have to test this.

edit: Test results. Standing ontop of the castle at Zub hill, I can see every tree and building within line of sight all the way to Devil's Castle at a 7000m view distance. But this is with the recent beta, but i never noticed it otherwise in previous betas.

Edited by Steakslim