Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Backpack contents?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hilandor, I don't get your instructions on efficcient toilet paper use.

I don't know if I want you to use details or not.  Can you clarify?  I didn't understand a bit of that.  Or atleast I don't think I did.

This can be very useful so that I do not carry soo much toilet paper around.  Not just for the military, but for traveling too.<span id='postcolor'>

Its a VERY OLD military joke.  biggrin.gif

hehe, seems toilet paper is an important commodity in the army...

I was wondering, what do you do with it when your done?

You obviously can't leave it lying around. It'd be a real big give away, after all I don't know many animals that'll wipe their arse with loo roll....

So do you put it back in your bergen in little plastic sealable bags? Because otherwise, would it not stink, and I suspect the last thing you want to find when looking for something in it is some shitty paper...

Maybe if the position isnt in too much danger of compromise then they will burn it? (used tp) Wouldnt want to be around to smell that smile.gif

Putting it in plastic bags sound reasonable. I have read about soldier crapping into plastic bags and such and taking it with them so that they leave no trace of their prescence.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (morbid @ April 16 2002,00:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hehe, seems toilet paper is an important commodity in the army...

I was wondering, what do you do with it when your done?

You obviously can't leave it lying around. It'd be a real big give away, after all  I don't know many animals that'll wipe their arse with loo roll....

So do you put it back in your bergen in little plastic sealable bags? Because otherwise, would it not stink, and I suspect the last thing you want to find when looking for something in it is some shitty paper...<span id='postcolor'>

ahh u can recycle it, use it to write ur letters to ur loved ones. smile.gif

it depends, it is normal to dig a big hole for hygien reasons becuase you wouldnt want 50 people all digging their own holes or shitting striaght on the ground

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ April 16 2002,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe if the position isnt in too much danger of compromise then they will burn it? (used tp) Wouldnt want to be around to smell that smile.gif

Putting it in plastic bags sound reasonable. I have read about soldier crapping into plastic bags and such and taking it with them so that they leave no trace of their prescence.<span id='postcolor'>

Common infatrymen usually use soldier latrines (seat looks like the toilet) but the final prodcut fall into barrels.

You then mix it with gaslone and diesle power in mixture:

5 parts of s**** 1 part of gasoline and 2 part of diesel and then burn it. But it smells like hell  tounge.gif

This is really old method used already in NAM (remember Platoon movie  wink.gif )

The bags are used by recon forces (etc..) but it must be well done. When u mix poo with pee in one bag its bad. It takes a while but the effervesce produce lot of gas so when u walk with reccon neewbies and hear "Blob" from his bag you shoudl really fas aquisite the direction wind :-)

When u want to "secrete" into bags you MUST separate pee and poo. Best is to add some acid aggent (lemon juice is best) to speed up desintegration of your "final" products.

when we went on ambushes we took CS spray and we dug, a hole in the middle of the formation. after we were done with the ambush we would cover it and spray it with CS. it prevents animal to come close for about week or two.

BTW. the best field toilet-paper? round smooth rocks! biggrin.gif

we stopped to take these plastic bags after hizbollah shot at us and one bullet punctured it, and all our cold weather gear was........um......unwearable tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we stopped to take these plastic bags after hizbollah shot at us and one bullet punctured it, and all our cold weather gear was........um......unwearable <span id='postcolor'>

Uhg! Bummer. What kind of outfit were you in Scout?

i was infantry. we dont have marines, lightfighter, mechs. and so on cause we do it all.

became officer and then i spent some time as a recon instructor.

fun fun fun! biggrin.gif

edit: now im recon commander in the reserves, which is much more fun!

israel!

obviously u were reading the mideast thread eh? biggrin.gif

No, I avoid that thread like the plague. Ugghhh! Flame war galore. I'm totally pro Israeli.....period. You guys have tremendous self control dealing with all the crap that comes your way. To think that Arafat received a Nobel peace prize....oh brother......