Sign in to follow this  
mugaben

Server hosting.. Who? (Europe)

My squad are in desperate need of a good game-server. We tried the only local one we could find in denmark, but the service was really poor with alot of breakdowns every week. Currently, our second try in our pursuit for a decent server is also going totally FUBAR. For allmost 48 hours straight now, our server is down (for +10th time) without any answer, support or anything. It's getting pretty frustating, as the whole squad is donating to us for a service we cant provide. We are located in Denmark, europe so we need a good server nearby.

There must be alot of germans or brit's here. So please, what provider are you using, and what are your experiences? The price is not so important.

Also, I would really like to tell everyone who our current (p*ss-poor) provider is, so you dont get into that hell-hole as we are climbing out from right now. I'm not sure if that is against the forum rules though. :rolleyes:

Try LowPingGameServers.com, they have servers in Frankfurt Germany and exceptional support.

Thanks. We just ordered a month to check things out. So far, its awesome. 5 mins from ordering, to the server was running. :yay:

Try LowPingGameServers.com, they have servers in Frankfurt Germany and exceptional support.

you dont by any chance work for them do you ? :)

you dont by any chance work for them do you ? :)

I am co-owner, but I was really just responding to his question. ;)

Hehe. Well so far, he's telling the truth. We didnt even experience desync or higher pings when loading it up with 800 AI's fighting in AAS. :D

Hey, Damp are you from Dead echo..... ? I guess you have had enough of Alpha frag also....

Same here.. I switched to http://www.alpha-networks.co.uk/ AF support went out the window.... shame really they used to be a good server host.

Hey, Damp are you from Dead echo..... ? I guess you have had enough of Alpha frag also....

Same here.. I switched to http://www.alpha-networks.co.uk/ AF support went out the window.... shame really they used to be a good server host.

Yup I am. The non-existing support was horrible.

In the beginning it was 'ok'. Took a day or two, and the server would usually work again. (Patience i guess) But look at their website. Crashed completely for two days now. Hope not to many has payed months in advance. :j:

How is the uptime/downtime ratio?

We cant have Alot of downtime when playing ArmA :yay:

Im actually considdering this myself..

What's downtime?

...oh you mean what you get before you come to LowPingGameServers. :)

The only downtime that anyone should experience is the time it takes for a mod update to be performed for them.

Stop by our Live Chat anytime.

Edited by JCarter

LOl carter..... Quality advertising matey...

Im with

csBanner.jpg

They are very competitively priced and have very good support, not that you need it... experienced with arma which YOU do need..

Shame lowpingservers is accross the water though.. you do sound like a nice bunch. :)

Im very happy with alpha-networks though and I doubt very much if we would move, they gave us a great price on our Dedicated.

Edited by Taxman

I think our pricing is consistently competitive.

We also have various promotional deals for various reasons and various products that are only offered for a limited time period.

I can personally answer any questions anyone might have through a PM.

All questions can also be quickly answered by simply visiting our site:

www.LowPingGameServers.com

@JCarter

Q: How often do you "adjust" prices..?

Oh any Q is of public use so no need for PM´s there..

As it should be of public interest right..

Or do u utilize special treatments?

Oh sorry forgot:

@Taxman: there is not much info or easy getting info on that page.

What kind of servers, proc, ram, disks aso aso...

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

@Andersson[sWEC]

We generally have a different promotion once a month or so for different products or releases. But we may adjust prices at anytime, this of course does not effect an agreed to price with existing customers.

We offer a 100% Anytime Money Back Guarantee which is under #8 in the link here LPGS Terms of Service

I suggested the PM or visiting my site to avoid discussing my company repeatedly in this thread.

As for special treatment, we are always open to negotiation and consider all of our customers special.

Again we are happy to answer any questions anyone might have at www.LowPingGameServers.com

Edited by JCarter
Clarification

Yea i have been to the site and test order (not final) but im not

sure..

Taxman, what the spec on the standard server on your side?

Cant find info about that..

Hya buddy... its not my company matey...

But heres the dedi specs

https://alpha-networks.co.uk/dedicated-servers Ill ask dan to post some more info bud for you buddy.

They also do special offers buddy.. well worth a chat with the guy who runs it.

Edited by Taxman

Hya buddy... its not my company matey...

But heres the dedi specs

https://alpha-networks.co.uk/dedicated-servers Ill ask dan to post some more info bud for you buddy.

They also do special offers buddy.. well worth a chat with the guy who runs it.

Been with them ourselves for years....been very helpful until recently.

Whole network was down for about 20 hours, and had no communications at all!

Even posted on their facebook page for some kind of info, eventually found dan posting on some other clans forum(after 14 hours downtime) and managed to find out what was going on.

Apparently priority no 1 was to get the service back up, even if it was totally out of their hands and was a backbone provider issue with BT.

Did get an email from them once the server/network was back though, to tell us it was back! :confused:

Yeah,.,, but to be fair Wildgoose.. if their site is down,, their hosting is down... THIS inlcudes THEIR Email DATABASE etc etc... They would have No way of contacting their customers... AND none of this was through any fault of their own.... many other companies had the same problem...

As you said the second they were up... we all got emails to inform us.

They are very responsive with their ticket system... if you need help with anything,,,

Anderson, if you wish to check pings to their servers, Fire up arma and check our Dedi out.. filter for SBS, if you want to run a particular mission, send it to me and ill upload it.. Although we use ZERO addons on ours... (our personal choice)

Yeah,.,, but to be fair Wildgoose.. if their site is down,, their hosting is down... THIS inlcudes THEIR Email DATABASE etc etc... They would have No way of contacting their customers... AND none of this was through any fault of their own.... many other companies had the same problem...

They are very responsive with their ticket system... if you need help with anything,,,

Anderson, if you wish to check pings to their servers, Fire up arma and check our Dedi out.. filter for SBS, if you want to run a particular mission, send it to me and ill upload it.. Although we use ZERO addons on ours... (our personal choice)

Theres being fair, and ignoring customers!

Phoning mobiles, leaving messages...even contacting on facebook only to be ignored, dont get me wrong im not complaining, im explaining how it is.

A simple message on dans facebook page about network being down would have informed me of the situation.

Every reasonable company should have a contingency plan for this very occasion when the network is completely down, to let customers know why.

Other than that very good service provider.

So wildgoose.. I have only been with them a short time,, Has anything like this happened to you b4, seeing as you have been with them for a couple of years ? or was this a "ONE OFF" ? Im asking because on one hand you say they are very good and on the other you seem very dissapointed...... and I would like to clarify how you feel about them :) if this IS a one off then you must be one hell of a demanding :) customer, but if this type of thing is a regular occurence then you have every right to be dissapointed.....

I myself have only been with them a short time and they have been VERY VERY helpful... and have zero complaints.

So wildgoose.. I have only been with them a short time,, Has anything like this happened to you b4, seeing as you have been with them for a couple of years ? or was this a "ONE OFF" ? Im asking because on one hand you say they are very good and on the other you seem very dissapointed...... and I would like to clarify how you feel about them :) if this IS a one off then you must be one hell of a demanding :) customer, but if this type of thing is a regular occurence then you have every right to be dissapointed.....

I myself have only been with them a short time and they have been VERY VERY helpful... and have zero complaints.

Total loss of network is rare, but happens from time to time, this is the longest period I can remember, almost a whole day. However when this does happen, there is no way of knowing, why, when or how its going to be coming back.

On this occasion I managed to track Dan down to another clans/group site who appear to be sponsored in some way by alpha-networks, so looks like they are not even paying customers?

Really, I dont want to sound like a demanding, grumpy customer, but I believe its not too much to ask....Just to be informed of network issues?

Very very simple solution would be a remote service/support webpage hosted somewhere other than alpha's network, that could be updated by dan, with the latest news...wouldnt cost anything other than five minutes to write a little news for Paying customers.

Do I really sound too demanding?

Do I really sound too demanding?

No buddy.. not at all.. I wanted to know for my own peace of mind if it was a regular thing,, I take it, it isnt.... I have just been over to your site buddy,, (advertising myself lol) and noticed that post you found on the others site,,,

Hey just a quick note,

Alpha-Networks.co.uk will all be back online as soon as our datacentre fix the global connection problems.

Essentially we are waiting for BT to reset a line fault on our fibre to our core network. As soon as this is done everything will return as it was.

We are not out of intellegent hands or anything like that. We are simply waiting for our global fibre service to be restored.

We are unable to answer all of the phone calls currently being directed to our mobiles as we need to be on the phone to get this fixed. Obviously as 90% of our machines are down, our phone system is also down.

If you have phoned me directly i will try to return all the calls however priority 1 is to restore the service.

A global email will be sent round as soon as we can.

Thanks for being understanding.

Dan

I guess that explains the phone calls.. :)

Anyway...

Score out of 10 for Alpha-networks ? over the last couple of years ?

Mine would be 8 out of 10 but thats just over the short period ive been with them, would have been higher if not for the latest downtime.

Edited by Taxman

Yea i could, but i dont get it..

@ 60£

Dual Core 2x 2.4Ghz 2MB L2 Cache

2048MB (PC6400 - DDR2)

1 x 400GB (SATA2, 7200 RPM, 16MB Cache)

Unlimited (100MB/S XFER)

?? How many slots

I would get 24 slots on LowpingGameServers for that..

With a Dualcore, 500Gb SATA and 12Gb ram..

EDIT: Im planning to buy, but i would like to get the best/most for my money.

I can pay about 25-35$ a month.

And id like maybe 12-16 slots..

PS: Just spoke with the gvmt and i upped the possible fee ....(lol)

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]