Sign in to follow this  
Suchy_

Low altitude landing (AI pilot)

I want to make a mission, where the team is dropped by a chopper, unnoticed behind a hill. Command flyInHeight doesn't really help, the flight is indeed as low as I set it, but just before landing, the helicopter climbs very high up when slowing down... Any idea?

Edited by Suchy_

Hey Mr Saladfingers

I have the exact same problem...ive also tried to correct it with the flyinheight command but as u said it just corrects the "inflyght" height.....

so i would be very thankful if someone knows how to make the AI land without first gettin so high and then land ;c

So this is a 5 sec graphic with paint that should show you what i mean.

blaff.jpg

The red line shows how it actually is...but i would like to have it more the gold way ._. so thx for any solutions

I've managed to solve it partly. I set a waypoint somewhere before the landing point and there reduced the chopper speed to limited. The helicopter slowed down before the landing point so that raising effect wasn't as drastic, but still occured.

Well i can confirm this but thats aint a solution i think.... would be nice to have some overall solution for this.... for SP and MP

It is something that a LOT of people have wanted (me included). It is unrealistic that I chopper pilot would pop-up like that in a warzone.

The way human players get around it is to drop into a tight turn to bleed off speed.

I almost had that working in ArmA. The only problem was the helicopter commonly went too far past where it was supposed to land and then slowly turned around to go back.

The link below links to a forum post in the ArmA Editing Section about helicopter landings. The 10th (or maybe the 6th) post down is the best solution I ever came up with I believe. Maybe there is something in there that might help you.

Link

Edited by Jakerod