- Initial release

Info:

Uses revive script.

Required addons:

ACE 2

CAA1

Success:

Mission is complete when:

1. The watertower with contaminated water is destroyed.

2. The fuel storage is destroyed.

3. The ZU-23-2 is destroyed.

4. All playable units alive(also AI) is in the extraction zone(If your in a vehicle then disembark).

Download v1.1:

-> co08 - Porto Pirates

Download v1.1 from Armaholic mirror:

-> Porto Pirates Co-8 (@) v1.1

Edited by JW Custom

Didnt like this mission, repsawning enemies doesnt work very well in coop games.

After we cleared the objectives we went over the the hill and at least 100 troops tore use to pieces. seemingly they respawned earlier and went for a walk.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/arma2%202010-03-28%2022-44-29-59.jpg

We did well up to that part :)

LOL thats a bug, the enemy is supposed to reinforce as long as their count is lower than x AND atleast one of objectives are NOT accomplished :)

Will look at it tomorrow.

It was hilarious, kdjac, myself and a third guy were making a break for freedom - drove over the crest of a hill and there were maybe 50-60 infantry walking about.

We didn't last very long.

Love your missions btw.

Hehe sounded like fun despite the bug.. i already found the bug, a stupid marker mix up :p

I'll come play with you guys one of these days, looking forward to it :)

Mission updated.

v1.1

- Fixed marker mixup

- Adjusted a few things

We be playing this updated version later, i edited the original and just used your normal %30 soldiers rather than the SWEET GOD THERES MILLIONS OF THEM marker ones :)

We be playing this updated version later, i edited the original and just used your normal %30 soldiers rather than the SWEET GOD THERES MILLIONS OF THEM marker ones :)

You lost me there, dunno what you mean by "your normal %30 soldiers" :confused:

Problem with the v1.0 was a mixup with a marker name making spawned soldiers not going towards porto which would make them keep spawning as the level of soldiers in porto kept being under "reinforce now" level.

The normal way you spawn soldiers in groups with a 15 or 30% change of being there. i replaced the marker ones with those ones and changed the % to 80.

Got carried away and added in choppers tanks and LHDs too :o

You changed the units "probability of presence" from my 15% to yours 80% ?

Lol that will only bring more units :p

You changed the units "probability of presence" from my 15% to yours 80% ?

Lol that will only bring more units :p

Thats the plan :)

Thats the plan :)

Ohh, i thought you didn't like the mission because there was too many enemies(because of bug which should be fixed in latest version) :p

Didnt like this mission, repsawning enemies doesnt work very well in coop games.

After we cleared the objectives we went over the the hill and at least 100 troops tore use to pieces. seemingly they respawned earlier and went for a walk.

P.S. the probability of presence is not the only factor for how many enemies that appear, check the leaders init line.

Ohh, i thought you didn't like the mission because there was too many enemies(because of bug which should be fixed in latest version) :p

its not too many that was the problem its the seemingly never ending nature of them that was the problem. I did kill 126 of them :p

P.S. the probability of presence is not the only factor for how many enemies that appear, check the leaders init line.

Yeah i use Bon Infs and yours like little guides on mission editing and scripting possibilities, i nearly have my 1st decent mission done thanks to you 2 :)

its not too many that was the problem its the seemingly never ending nature of them that was the problem. I did kill 126 of them :p

Instead of adding many enemies you guys should try play with GL4 + zeus AI that will make things MUCH more interesting ;)

Mission updated.

v1.1

- Fixed marker mixup

- Adjusted a few things

i wish youwould release a single player mission like these ones you are making!

Not having much luck joining games online atm.

BTW what is that sound mod in the background?

Instead of adding many enemies you guys should try play with GL4 + zeus AI that will make things MUCH more interesting ;)

Zeus AI has issues, at least with the normal AI the issues are acceptable but with Zeus i have seen some seriously strange things happen :eek:

but with Zeus i have seen some seriously strange things happen :eek:

Like what ?

Like what ?

Enemies sniping with handguns seems to be the biggest one.

I haven't really noticed that, but with Zeus AI and GL4 running you might wanna tone down the skill setting.

Yeah, Zeus AI has recommended AI skill settings that are much lower than "1".

JW - We tried playing today and we are getting a "deleted.asylum"? we don't know what that addon is. :(

Nevermind, got it to work with some patch work from Avgani.

We loved it, didn't see any bugs! Thanks JW!

Edited by kMaN_(KYA)