Sign in to follow this  
BCA Cat Toaster

The "Official" Advance and Secure Thread (AAS)

Thanks for helping us with your two US-Based-Mirrors! It was a pain before.

NP Toaster - by the way, when do you plan to release the mission upgrade? We have some more to contribute.

Hi qwertz!

Just made a rough update on our AAS-Roadmap.

So if you or anyone else likes to see his AAS-Mission as a part of the pack he should send it over to me. You could also post at our Forums and show us what you did.

It can of any of those Addons released with our V1.1 Installer.

Remember: Don´t touch the Scripts, only mission.sqm, initsaas.sqf and mapname.hpp should be modified (or it at least it should work without other modifications). That´s the only I thing we ask for to remain consistent.

A good idea would probably be to post some guidelines regarding making a good AAS mission, as new mission makers that don't have as much experience and can't predict what could be good and what can't are likely to end up making bad missions (bad zone positions, bad vehicle choices, etc). Those guidelines of course should be based on which AAS missions were working best when actually played.

A good idea would probably be to post some guidelines regarding making a good AAS mission, as new mission makers that don't have as much experience and can't predict what could be good and what can't are likely to end up making bad missions (bad zone positions, bad vehicle choices, etc). Those guidelines of course should be based on which AAS missions were working best when actually played.

Great idea. Will see if I can find some time for this for a first draft - or do you want to take the lead on this Toaster ?

Go for it qwertz! Personally I would prefer a "How to play AAS"-Guide first as I don´t see any lack of missions that are more a matter of taste than actually good or bad ones.

Can't promise when I find the time for that, but I might have a look at drafting a "How to Play" guide as well....hope I play I the same way as you guys :-)

As far as I understand AAS is for PVP? I'd love to see some footage of some pvp combat at a secure point!

Hey just 1 stupid question...

This works for single player right?

AAS is a Multiplayer-Mode but if you enable the AI-Support you can even play it a alone while the CPU controls your Team-Mates and the enemy team. The AI is able to play AAS on it own and you can just sit back, make your bets and watch them.

Just updated the initial post:

advanceandsecure.com_banner1m_465x100_sharp.png

"AAS-Advance and Secure" Complete Mission Pack V1.11

As promised one week ago the separate pure AAS-Missions-Release featuring different Rulesets for Hosts with and without enabled AI is today. There´s also a new feature for Mission-Designers that allows to place Flags at different elevations now.

It fully supports/requires the earlier Addon-Package Installer V1.1 Release (read below!)

We also made a Ruleset-Cleanup, this release Features a new "Default Ruleset" and two popular Community-Rulesets (Armacalypse and ArmA2.ru ).

I´m also thankful for the following new missions made by Armacalypse-Community-Members that we are allowed to add as well. These missions are new/updated in this release:

•Armcalypse Now (Duala)

•Battle for Zappado (Panthera)

•Broken River (Panthera)

•Coastal Roads (Panthera)

•Dunes Reloaded (Panthera)

•Jalovisko Disko (Namalsk)

•Lake Ukane (Panthera)

•Saint Pierre (Everon)

•SnowEPass (Namalsk)

•Strike@Lesce (Panthera)

•Tara Bridge Sweep (Namalsk)

•Town Rush (Panthera)

•Village Run (Panthera)

Get more than 100 AAS-Missions now! (For Hosts/Mission-Designers, Clients get the Missions automatically while joining a game)

AAS is very good! Good fun, good teamplay, good action, great PVP. I'm going to download this update and play as much as possible. Hope to see you all on the servers, the main AAS server I know of and have played on is Armacalypse.

Hey, so I downloaded the AAS 1.1 addon, launched the shortcut I put on my desktop, and am trying to join Armacalypse but it just says 'waiting for host' for about 5 minutes and then kicks me. I really want to play!

Hey RogueBlade

Sorry, it´s not exactly clear from your description: Are you using the Exe-Installer that creates the proper Shortcut for you or are you using the 7z-File? I suggest using the Installer whereever possible.

What´s the exact error message you get?

Can you please try to connect to one of the Basecamp-AAS-Servers (and tell me which one), so I can look up the servers Log-Files? Maybe I can find something there.

Please have also a look at your own RPT-File -> http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT#ARMA_2

Yep the exe installer.

Error message was: You have been kicked from the server.

And that was after 3-4 min of 'waiting for host'

Not sure if that's an error message but that's what I get!

I was able to type to users in the server but didn't get much of a response

I'll try one of the Basecamp AAS Servers in the morning and let you know.

What should I be looking for in the RPT file?

hmm, strange. Maybe has nothing to do with AAS in particular but however, we´ll take a closer look at it.

If you don´t mind, please zip your RPT and mail it to me (after you tried connecting to one of the Basecamp-Servers) -> info@advanceandsecure.com

Getting stuck on "wait for host" as far as I know is usually related to connection issues. Do you have any similar problems on other servers?

Getting kicked is either for using unsigned addons or because an admin kicked you (and wrong signatures should, I think, give a message before it kicks you if the server is set for it), don't think anything else will give you that message (getting "kicked" for not having required addons gives a mesage saying you cannot play/edit this mission because it depends on content that has been deleted and give you the name).

We had this 'waiting for host' issue too last week... However, we were able to join the fray after ~ 5 minutes. And yes, chatting with other players already online worked.

I don't have the .rpt anymore but I will try AAS tonight anyway, so I can send it to you if it happens again.

Cheers,

D.

btw:

I might add that AAS is just the best none-organized PvP out there for me. It's incredibly funny and my pulse beat was like 250 all the time... :)

Thanks for this outstanding pack!

Hm ok Well I just joined the Basecamp Server #1 and it worked fine. (I was the only player) and now I've just joined Armacalypse successfully too (empty as well). I guess its working!?

Hi RogueBlade,

what is your in-game nick? I don't remember seeing your forum nick trying to connect and then making contact through chat, usually we try to help everyone with problems.

We have seen this problem every now and then, and as galhozar said it always goes away on its own and is related to connectivity issues (if the server is populated, that would hint it's likely on your side). Just wait a few minutes and then reconnect.

If the pack is not properly installed, you would get kicked with a message similar to "you can't play on the server because its dependent upon downloadable content: xyz"

In any case, whenever you have problems, just jump on our teamspeak (even if you don't have a mic) and we will help you there. Or write and email to admin@armacalypse.com.

See you on the server,

:cheers: qwertz

guys, how ti use arty in aas? x-ray corr. is fine, but there is something wrong with yankee corr. for example I see my Y corr in map 008 and arty table shows yankee 4420. what I do wrong?

We are only really playing in the evenings (US time) ....jobs, families etc.

But I've seen you playing today, good to see you made it :-)

guys, how ti use arty in aas? x-ray corr. is fine, but there is something wrong with yankee corr. for example I see my Y corr in map 008 and arty table shows yankee 4420. what I do wrong?

Guess you´re talking about ProMode AAS (former PvPScene) as Core-AAS has no artillery-support. I´m sorry but I can´t you help you here, kju is the man in charge for this.

Just played for my first time last night. AAS is a blast! Playing against 100% humans is awesome. The unpredictability is insane, so intense! Thanks AAS guys.