Sign in to follow this  
Rayers12

What direction do you want the next game to take?

expansion packs for ARMA2 including maps, units and campaigns for conflicts such as vietnam, WW2, cold wars etc. etc. ?

On other thoughts; this is all being done by the modding community :D

From BIS I'd like to see more realism implemented; not just relying on ACE, but thats just my opinion ;)

and err.

Wolle, and a dedicated player, what do you want to with the AA series?
I don't think you're gonna get a reply from Wolle after recieving a well-deserved infraction from him -.-

Maybe a campaign based around the British? I'm American and I'm tired of every FPS I play there is always Americans and no other army.

I want them to keep the core game that has been great and amazing since OFP in 2001, and expand on it and improve.

there is nothing else that needs to be said really. If ofp/arma was not how it is, or was changed, I couldn't play it anymore. as it is it is the lone beacon of decent realistic fps games out there..

where do i want to see the next game taken? Honestly, I want to see the next game in a very long time.

I want to see maybe a couple more addon packs and extra mini campaigns by BIS, and then let them take a break. stand up, and let arma 2 sit and mature for several more years, much as OFP did back in the day.

Let this game mature, and in a few years after some other games like CC, and the future unknown projects with RV3 have been made, lets come back and talk ArmA 3 ;)

Edited by That guy
pushed reply a bit too soon

where do i want to see the next game taken? Honestly, I want to see the next game in a very long time.

I want to see maybe a couple more addon packs and extra mini campaigns by BIS, and then let them take a break. stand up, and let arma 2 sit and mature for several more years, much as OFP did back in the day.

Let this game mature, and in a few years after some other games like CC, and the future unknown projects with RV3 have been made, lets come back and talk ArmA 3 ;)

agreed

Rayers12 why don't you go, buy and play a zombie or alien game? BIS aren't the only one company in the world who are developing games.

BIS are developing their games based on military and realworld data approx over 10 years. Most people (~99%) here at BI forum know this and like it.

Only very few people would suggest BIS to turn their OFP/ArmA/Arma2 developments into a zombie/alien rpg-shooter or medieval RTS or advanced dancing polka for Wii.

^^This.

And didnt Rayers say flat out before that he didnt like ARMA and was leaving?

Im confused.

This thread has no point. I dont think developers will listen to someone thinking their game is crap and on top of that ask to change it into something its not.

Like i said, im confused.

I do too, but when that happens we'll get another ArmA: Just OFP but with better graphics sort of game.

@Alex: I did stop playing, but I still do read the forums because... it's a damn good forum. Also, how else would I find patches that could improve the game experience?

Edited by Rayers12

And didnt Rayers say flat out before that he didnt like ARMA and was leaving?

It's just like with most people here who cries about leaving because arma2 is crap and bla bla bla, they never actually leave :eek:

Anyways, i would love to see BIS make ArmA 3 -> vietnam era :D

@JW as well: I did stop playing, but I still do read the forums because... it's a damn good forum. Also, how else would I find patches that could improve the game experience?

I don't think Vietnam would work personally, if you think the AI has problems now...

I don't think Vietnam would work personally, if you think the AI has problems now...

So what your saying is that if we make the AI aliens and zombies then it works.... lol yeah that makes sense haha :party:

Just give me better realism and functionality with less bugs and I'll be a very very happy man.

@Vicks: Yeah, I think that with the features of A2 combating a stronger, fictional enemy with superior capability would be very fun. What do you want?

Are you people thoughtless drones? Sure, its not a popular idea but it isn't turning ArmA into a on-rails shooter. I don't give a flying if you don't like my idea. It currently seems like this community exists to degrade people who say what they think, the hatred for modders (not me, but that doesn't matter.) and regular users is profound, nay its worse than 4chan.

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my ArmA Idea! The realistic large-scale Alien combat. Rayers12 style. You can find this in the wishful thinking department. That's right, this idea was made in Allendale, NJ. Retails for about fifty. It's got a laser gun, gray skin, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. YOU GOT THAT?

Another Edit: I couldn't care less if you don't like my idea. I just want to know yours.

Edited by Rayers12

I like the general direction that the ArmA series is taking, at least as it pertains to the sort of player that I am. ArmA2's AI has improved alot since ArmA (and OFP), and this has in itself improved the single player experience.

For me, the main gameplay improvement has been in the control of assets outside of the player's squad. From OFP's limit of twelve men under command, to the team switching of ArmA that gave a little more flexibility in that regard, to the High Command function of ArmA2, there has been a definite improvement.

For the immediate future, I hope that the command engine gets polished and thoroughly fixed in ArmA:OA. For the longer term, I would like to see an even more expanded command system, retaining the team switching capabilities. If anyone has played the new game Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1945, they will know about the campaign system there, as well as the way that tactical battles are integrated into the larger operation. My ideal would be a similar system in the ArmA series.

I would also like the simulation aspects to get a little more hardcore, but not TOO much. I have neither the time, nor the inclination, to play a sim that is a high fidelity simulation of multiple complex weapons systems. I would rather play with somewhat simplified systems that at least can reproduce the results and general look and feel of what they represent, even if procedures are trimmed somewhat. The current level of simulation is a little too simple for my purposes, but not too much.

I would like the behind-the-scenes number crunching to be pretty realistic, though. There is no reason that a fairly realistic penetration model cannot coexist with relatively simplified targeting systems.

As for setting, not so keen on sci-fi for the base game, although I was known to fool about with the Warhammer 40K mod for OFP. For me, ideal settings would be places with room to maneuver battalions, and make use of the usual array of modern weapons against conventional and assymetric foes, and also with scope to control smaller, commando type units and patrols. Maybe a BIS clone of Iraq, much like the creations Chernarus and Takistan, so long as the terrain is based on a real-life location, as they always do. Anywhere else in the world would do, as well, from Central America, to an Indonesia clone, to Africa, so long as the gameplay was top notch.

You now have the general direction that I would like the series to take, and for the most part, I have been pleased with progress so far. Even if gameplay stays like this and improvements are confined to graphics, new campaigns, and fine-tuning existing features, I will not be too unhappy.

Thank you for an actual response.

COD4 showed that simple targeting systems and bullet penetration could work.

I too would like to see the game get more hardcore, but as an on-off editor module.

I would definitely like to see the command interface improved to simulate actual battle, as that towns would have actual value. I would like to see an ability to order AI to take static position in a town, without having to give specific waypoints and what-not. I would like to see them have tents or take place in buildings, depending on the friendliness level of the civilians. I would like to see the ability for AI vehicles to refuel at gas stations automatically when you are stationed in a town. I would like to see values for tiredness (as in sleep) or hunger as well.

Oh and for god sakes BI please put some kind of function for sniping, like in ACE. We need that in vanilla ASAP.

I don't get it. You take the most realistic combat game of the year, then ask they take down the realism and add aliens, and finally get mad when people don't agree with you. I mean I understand people aren't going to agree all the time, I wanted more realism and was getting the same kind of responses. Still if you imagine this game as a train track, with realism in the direction it's heading, less realism in the reverse, you're asking to go both backwards and up at the same time. It just doesn't make sense.

Even then the key to this game is its realism right? So lets do a quick experiment. Lets image that the aliens were only 100 years more advanced than us (a stretch but lets say space travel is actually incredibly easy and we're just missing the obvious). Now, lets take that 100 years and apply it to us and see what we come up with. What was happening about 100 years ago, WW1 right? Tanks and air are primitive, no missiles, your average soldier has a bolt action rifle, I mean 1 modern division with unlimited ordinance and air attachments probably would have won the war for either side. It wouldn't even be fun to fight against. You and your line of guys in a muddy trench with a water cooled Vickers and a bunch of bolt action rifles vs a squad calling in A-10s. You'd just be devastated.

I guess what I'm saying is if you make it realistic you're most likely going to have to fight against orbital weapons that can strike anywhere, vastly superior night vision, full armor, god only knows what kind of optics and weapons. Our 2025 infantry system is supposed to have missiles that can track people. We're not even talking about robots, which I can almost guarantee 100 years from now will be a mainstay. Hell within 15 years we'll probably start seeing more use of them just like how unmanned drones have exploded in use. Look at how quick then went from observation to weapons platforms. You also have to expect complete game changers just like tanks, air power, rockets, etc have all been.

That or you could make it unrealistic in which case why would you ask to change a game where the realism is its selling factor. I hope you can see what I'm saying, and why what you're saying makes better sense for a different game. You don't goto FASA and ask that the next battle tech be about subs rather than giant robots.

I put my response in bold for you.

I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT MY IDEA. I AM NOT IVAN BUTCHA, OKAY?

What do you want to do with the series, MyFing? What do you want expanded, who do you want to play as, where do you want to fight, do you want a continuation of EW, etc.

I'd like to see more realism in the campaign. I hear we'll be getting PEQs which is good because IRL we all have them (night vision lasers). Other than more realistic tracer loads and a way to customize weapons in the editor (pick scope/irons, addons, etc) and some AI improvements the biggest thing would be more concentration on vehicles. Be nice if we could laze targets to get range then fire like IRL, full interiors on all vehicles, maybe with trackIR support so you could look around thought that's honestly more flash. Some IR stuff in vehicles, maybe even a scope even though those things are heavy. Scope on the 240B would be nice. With a scope I could hit targets 800m out with one bullet no problem. Areas would shorter grass too, it's a pain being a machine gunner because the damn grass is everywhere. If you can't go prone you can't shoot. Helicopters that don't fly like cars with better collective control so it isn't just descend/hover/ascend, you know, feels more like a helicopter. Editor improvements to make things like assigning artillery and calling in air strikes easier. I'm sure I could find more but still it's pretty good where it's at. I guess if I could just have one it would be the AI, though even there the AI has surprised me. Put Russians on one side of a small town and Marines on the other, put yourself as a civilian on a hill top and you'll see them flank each other and fight for dominance on the town. Usually the side that gets flanked first is toast.

@ Weapons customization: THIS. My ACE crates are full of the same weapon with a slight variation, they need a better way to store weapons.

@Editor: Yes. Yes yes yes yes.

I see no point in having a thread where you're just replying to say over and over you don't care about other people's ideas, I'd suggest you go make you own forum with only you as a member and then you needn't worry about other people having opinions.

For someone who has received a number of infractions for poor forum behaviour you really don't seem to be learning to rein in that little temper of yours.