Sign in to follow this  
TheHarvesteR

GPS Zooming and Clicking

Hello,

Just wanted to drop a quick suggestion which in my opinion would make the whole game better.

The in-game GPS is a great thing to have, but as I see it, it could use some features that would really make it shine.

One - Manual Zooming.

As of now, the GPS will zoom in and out depending on the speed you're moving... I suggest implementing manual control over the zoom using hotkeys.

Two - Clicking

This one is a little tougher, as it would require to have the mouse cursor enabled while the GPS is up... my suggestion would be to enable the mouse cursor when the GPS (hold) command is used, but not when the GPS (toggle) command is used, so people (like me) who use the GPS for reference when flying can still continue to do so, but yet have these features.

Clicking the GPS, of course, would have the same effect as clicking over the map screen. You would be able to issue AI orders, set player waypoints and possibly markers(?)

This feature would be unbelievably useful when tanking.

Well, these are my suggestions. :)

Cheers

Could anyone make a TomTom mod for A2?

It would be so cool to get driving directions to some preselected town.

(e.g. doubleclick on town in map screen, then follow the given directions, would be totally cool if it had spoken directions as well)

Could anyone make a TomTom mod for A2?

It would be so cool to get driving directions to some preselected town.

(e.g. doubleclick on town in map screen, then follow the given directions, would be totally cool if it had spoken directions as well)

That would make my day, damn good idea! :)

Really good suggestion and thought through as well :)

See my signature to make a proper-feature request since you have solution to the improvement worked out already :)

i have to agree with my brother HarvesteR on that one!

the GPS feels a bit arcade-ish as it is... it behaves exactly like the GTA mini-map... doesn´t feel like something a souldier would have in combat

i reckon a mod could do the job here quite well... perhaps even better... but unless that mod is a part of ACE or something, it´ll hardly become something really multiplayer-friendly

hence, the feature- request...

cheerz