Sign in to follow this  
massi

GRU Spetsnaz pack

Whoa....quicky :D

EDIT:

AKM+Gp issue solved.

Edited by caprera

So there's no chance at all of seeing a simple re-texture pack of the existing BIS units?

The vanilla camouflage on the Spetsnaz and MVD units is a bit off-putting.

There's the Addon-request thread for that... :raisebrow:

Our project is different; equipment and uniforms first. New models to come.

He's asking for a replacement pack which overrides the current camo that is being used by the Spetsnaz with your awesome camos. :)

I understand but it would be a waste of time right now as we are toiling to find the time to go on with the following part of the project, adjusting equipment and preparing stuff for upcoming BDU models.

If Massi wants to create a new PBO as replacement for general BI spetsnaz, then it's up to him, but he's not plenty of time right now and i have a timetable too...

I also know that many are unsatisfied by basic choice for russian SF by BIS, but you can still use these for now.

I don`t think that you have to make a new pbo for it, just a cfg file, not sure thou,and I am not asking you guys to do it :P , and those spetzi look awesome!

Thanks Lenin, i'll turn this request to Mssi and see if he has time ;)

This is a good first start guys. Interesting choice on the Gorkas; I've never seen one that lightly coloured in person. They've always been more OD Green and Forest Green for me, never khaki - have seen one or two photos of the khaki + green reinforcements, though.

I think your shapes on the KLMK and Berezka are a little bit "squashed". By the way; the Berezka uniform is carrying a burlap weave texture as if it's a KZS oversuit. All Russian Berezka-pattern uniforms I'm aware of are not made of burlap.

Excellent Izlom pattern.

Oh nice. More reskins! :D

If you need me, I'm here. Just PM me again. :)

@AKM

The Gorkas you are talking about maybe are those produced by ANA. Common in MVD forces. In other units Splav ones, and i think this is the model choosen by BIS. Keep in mind that there are so many russian camo out there, everyone with differences because of the uniform cut, or even the company producing it.

KLMK and Berezka are "fun" camos. We need different models for those even if i'm considering the Flectarn-D camo to substitute KLMK in future uniforms. Berezka should be used on a BDU. WE NEED MODELS !!!! :D

Edited by caprera

I'd like to know some impressions of those who are using it about soldiers setup, (weapons and secondary) as i'm re-organizing the list for the future and i must count gamelpay reasons too

@ Caprera:

Yes, thank you, I know. I own an ANA Gorka (modern repro, essentially, of the 1979 Soviet gorka) and a Spetsnonaschenie (Formerly SPOSN, now SSO) Gorka D uniform. I did not know that SPLAV makes Gorkas.

You could make a modified Gorka E; replace the Partizan inserts with KLMK inserts. That exists. You would need new models for a fair few things; the existing Gorka models, when retextured, accomodate Izlom, Gorka variations, and a full KLMK oversuit + hood.

MVD seem to wear a wider variety of gorkas than just the ANA manufactured one - to my knowledge, ANA only makes the one gorka and that's the Soviet style one, which is suitable for warmer weather wear. All of the Gorka D models and the Gorka R are ideal for winter/wet weather wear, they're much heavier, much better suited to the mountains when it's not high summer. I've yet to see a Splav gorka, I can't find any reference to a Splav gorka on their websites or online catalogue - I might just be missing it, though. Whole "can't see the forest for the trees" problem. Both MVD, Army, GRU, FSB/FSS, and other organizations take advantage of the ANA and SPOSN gorkas.

Your setup (non-Vilas config) looked pretty good. I'd add more "Razvedchik" (Scout) units with suppressed weapons for those sneaky-beaky sabotage/assassination missions, and I might have missed it, but I didn't see a SpN carrying an SVD without being in a ghillie suit: that would be good to add too.

By default, BIS didn't give the Spetsnaz a medic. Fix that if you haven't already (sorry I don't remember, and I'm on the laptop so I can't check myself at the moment), and possibly give the Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader characters some medical abilities as well. This has been tested on the RCIR CDF Spetsnaz pack (as the CDF was lacking SF, Sander decided to make some) and the SJB UKSF pack, and the combination works quite well: it's very useful having more than one guy with medical abilities.

Looking forward to the next version. If I can find you some good reference photos of equipment or uniforms I will; just let me know what you need.

Sorry for delay in posting but i wasn't home ;)

I know, as i already said the problem for us now are new models. Some textures used in 1.0 version were used just for variety and not as definitive. KLMK needs a complete new model, that maybe will be based upon Moloch type, and not like olders ones. Berezka camo too but will be ported to BDU units in 1.1 (i hope) like new camouflages as well.

Izlom pattern is in the summer version and again needs a different model and a Flectarn-D alternative like those Gorka-like uniforms wore by VDV.

I hope to bring in LES2 pattern for BDU units and MVD Spetsnaz that will follow to expand the package, with an "entry team" too. This according to the help of somebody with modeling abilities. I already had a look at existing BI models ingame, but they won't do the work. At least not completely. GRU units in BDU uniforms will need less work, but Gorka uniforms needs to be redone, and in two versions - ANA/Splav.

I know about KLMK/Berezka Gorka suits too, but sometimes i discovered translating russian sites and not just looking at pics that there are many different "commercial" versions of these uniforms. I saw many new shapes and camos wore by Spetsnaz instructors for example but it doesen't mean that are used in combat.

About snipers, we created the Ghillie unit. I haven't defined in particulars the setup for BISweapons units, as there's more Massi's work in it. There will be surely some corrections but i'm sure they're in already... I managed to be sure on more particulars about equipment even if gameplay still deserve a second opinion. Weapons choice in particular realted to Vilas pack, that should be considered 50% of this project as there are no alternatives, in quality and choice, to recreate the modern equipment (ridicolous to use wood AK74)...

P.s.

I understand the desires and i'm with you all completely, but Vilas as well said more than once that recreating all weapon's versions and camouflages of Russian Military would be an infinite project. I think alike.

I spoke with Massi yesterday about the replacement pack for BI Spetsnaz and he's positive :)

Here's a little preview of what to come

arma22010021211093127co.gif

Work is going on for 1.1 ;)

P.S.

HERE you can find the link for a discussion i started. It's a help request

The team needs a modeler. We can't go on forever just with textures.

As a first step is great as you can have your units ingame and search for gameplay adjustements and so on, but they can't be final...

I hope someone will join us ;)

Sorry for delay in posting but i wasn't home ;)

I know, as i already said the problem for us now are new models. Some textures used in 1.0 version were used just for variety and not as definitive. KLMK needs a complete new model, that maybe will be based upon Moloch type, and not like olders ones. Berezka camo too but will be ported to BDU units in 1.1 (i hope) like new camouflages as well.

Izlom pattern is in the summer version and again needs a different model and a Flectarn-D alternative like those Gorka-like uniforms wore by VDV.

I hope to bring in LES2 pattern for BDU units and MVD Spetsnaz that will follow to expand the package, with an "entry team" too. This according to the help of somebody with modeling abilities. I already had a look at existing BI models ingame, but they won't do the work. At least not completely. GRU units in BDU uniforms will need less work, but Gorka uniforms needs to be redone, and in two versions - ANA/Splav.

I know about KLMK/Berezka Gorka suits too, but sometimes i discovered translating russian sites and not just looking at pics that there are many different "commercial" versions of these uniforms. I saw many new shapes and camos wore by Spetsnaz instructors for example but it doesen't mean that are used in combat.

Yes, I've seen these commercial uniforms as well. There aren't as many as you posit; I've only seen three so far. The Gorka variation with the KLMK inserts is not one of them from what I have read.

About snipers, we created the Ghillie unit. I haven't defined in particulars the setup for BISweapons units, as there's more Massi's work in it. There will be surely some corrections but i'm sure they're in already... I managed to be sure on more particulars about equipment even if gameplay still deserve a second opinion. Weapons choice in particular realted to Vilas pack, that should be considered 50% of this project as there are no alternatives, in quality and choice, to recreate the modern equipment (ridicolous to use wood AK74)...

P.s.

I understand the desires and i'm with you all completely, but Vilas as well said more than once that recreating all weapon's versions and camouflages of Russian Military would be an infinite project. I think alike.

It is ridiculous to use the old AK-74, but fortunately BIS included the AK-107 series. Granted, not an AK-74M, but hey. Vilas's weapons can be surpassed in quality but the RHS weapons pack is a ways away and may not include things like AK-74M because of the ultramodern slant of ArmA 2. You're quite right when you say his weapons pack provides excellent choice.

You don't need to represent all weapons and all camouflages. I don't think I've suggested that you do so. Looking forward to seeing your v1.1.

@AKM: I was speaking in general, btw thanks for support ;)

Hey what you said about Vilas pack ?! that's my choice! :D

Thanks Pete, btw these are not MVD :D

(at least STILL not...)

Hahaha, yeah sorry, I'm using both your mod and that other Russian mod that you recommended a few pages back in this thread. They have VDV and MVD and GRU units.

I'm in Australia but I just love Russian units and have been trawling the Russian Military Photo's thread over at Militaryphotos.net and it's amazing seeing things from 'the other side'.

Same for me man, but i'm not downunder ;)

Update incoming next week :)

Edited by caprera

Here's a little eye-candy of incoming update...

GORKA with KLMK inserts as requested ;)

arma22010021704061333.th.jpg

I inserted a new pattern that needs some more polishing, as colors change a little once in-game...

Second update with a D pattern.

This time corrections have been made and i think it's final.

arma22010021717582668.jpg

I can also say a new Gorka-R will be inserted, but i'm still working on it...

If i'm not wrong those are pics of MVD in "training/show" some time ago i saw on Kuzmin's Blog... Btw you're late Zoldat :D those variants are already in my list.

Keep in mind that current selection is intentionally generic as it's a first step into the major project...

Zoldat You have PM.

I am sure that you know and saw all sites of the Russian weapon :D but I have real knowledge and practical experience,;) but I know very few sites about the Russian weapon