Sign in to follow this  
quincy

how do you make a building

Well, for a start four walls, a roof, a door and some windows would probably fit pretty well.

Seriously, with such a "request", what kind of answers do you expect to get? You want to make houses? Go ahead, no one will try to stop you. As a wild guess you probably live in a house so you'll have first-hand reference material right beside you. Open O2 and draw what you have around you and sooner or later you'll end up with a house.

If you have a specific problem, feel free to ask but please give some more info than just "i have a problem, what's wrong?".

I have to admit that my answer might sound a bit rude. Apologies for this. But my advice, go more into detail with your posts, especially if you have a problem or need infos. The more info you provide from your side, the more likely you'll get answers that will help you.

I'm a concrete finisher, I can help with the basement, garage floor, driveway, etc... :eek:

What about basic questions about it.

1. How i Model a Building? In Oxygen, or better in a 3D Program.

2. How i port Buildings right if i have done them in a 3D Program.

3. Whats the best way for Unwrap them? ArmA2 uses UV Channels or only Channel 1?

4. How to code and pack them in the end in Oxygen, or Programm what is needed to create them.

5. How a destroyable House is done.

etc...etc...etc.

That should be the most important Question.

Best was to start, open one of the sample buildings model supplied by BIS for ArmA 1

Open it with O2 and examine each LOD etc, learn from whats there.

Then play with/modify it a bit to see how stuff works.

...... then make your own simple building to start.

No need for any fancy 3D program, O2 is plenty good enough for this sort of thing.

Gnat;1558530']Best was to start' date=' open one of the sample buildings model supplied by BIS for ArmA 1

Open it with O2 and examine each LOD etc, learn from whats there.

Then play with/modify it a bit to see how stuff works.

...... then make your own simple building to start.

No need for any fancy 3D program, O2 is plenty good enough for this sort of thing.[/quote']

thanks