Sign in to follow this  
gonza

VTS3.5 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor

Would it be possible to add an X, Y, Z coordinates to the 3D Displacement 3D camera please? Somewhere unobtrusive like in a top corner.

It would be VERY useful to either know where things are for later briefing, or to use as a placement helper in later games.

REALLY looking forward to next RC !

Me too. My actual wishlist:

1. Improved Load/Save

2. User defined entries in init / script preset combos

3. Support for MHQ (vehicle instead of tent?) or multiple spawn points (Norrins script should support MHQ out of the box, but if the MHQ is destroyed, it should respawn at the actual spawn point).

L'etranger seems MIA.

MHQ it's a pain in the ass to implementi in VTS cause of tents and their markers

Hi all ;)

First of all, excuse me for my bad english, 'cause i am french !! :)

I have the 3.5 RC11 version.

Here is my question :

- In the 3D placing, i dont have the command (like in the videos) to release the units/objects on the ground.

Can you help me ?

Thanks. ;)

Hey got a few questions that may end up being requests, aswell a few problems. I do -A LOT- of night missions with this with varying themes. Here's some of my dilemma's.

1: Sometimes NV gets all wonky with ACE + GM having NV. Seems to get stuck max on or max off in brightness, and all sorts of funky behavior.

2: I often want to do heli transporting of troops, bit find that they will not get in when i use the get in command, I can however (Though very far from ideal) take control of them and put them in the heli, then I have the heli land at new location, but the problem is, I cannot get them to get OUT, there is no way to interact with them any longer, can't take control of them, can't disembark them, nothing, any work around for this? I have not used any back door methods yet like i do for putting them in, but this really should not be a problem to do to begin with? (I think more selectable way points, perhaps different ones for different classes, air, man etc. or even customizable way points would be a great solution.)

3: The shop is AMAZING, especially for what me and my group does, but it would be nice to be able to set the prices of stuff when unlocked, also, I find it kinda poor that most guns regardless of manufacturer and design cost the same, a AKM certainly is cheaper then a M4 or M16, but not in this? I find this troubling.

4: It seems when i scroll with placement for height, it's very large jumps quite hard to place a tent or something on the ground rather then slightly floating or slightly buried, am I missing something? Furthermore anyway to ZOOM in and out from the object you are placing, quite a few things there are way WAY too big to set right up close, and doing so from above lacks the ability to be precise. Also would be nice to be able to start a manned Heli etc on the ground, so they must first take off, as opposed to already in the air, used to be able to do this.

5: Placing units on random radius seems broken, infantry will walk around in a 40 foot radius at best, and heli's won't move at all, again am I missing something? if not, some larger random patrolling would be nice.

6: No empty box like there used to be, or am I missing it? Would be nice to have without scripting so people can store acquired equipment, used to have one.

7: I really think the GM should be Civilian, in fact it seems to convert to that once the missions loads anyways, at least for me.

8: More presets for parameters would be awesome.

9: Taking control of a unit bugs it, scripts no longer recognize the unit as it's original faction if it was a different faction. Also they turn and remain black people of random assortment, which is odd if they are Russian! XD

Some other things others have mentioned worth re-mentioning.

Yup, some kind of (extensible) array ([displaytext, script_command]) in a script would be nice. Atm, the init-combobox is hard-coded.

That would be amazing, or maybe even read a txt file that you add it all in, or something of this nature.

Would it be possible to add an X, Y, Z coordinates to the 3D Displacement 3D camera please? Somewhere unobtrusive like in a top corner.

It would be VERY useful to either know where things are for later briefing, or to use as a placement helper in later games.

This would indeed be very, very helpful.

Me too. My actual wishlist:

1. Improved Load/Save

2. User defined entries in init / script preset combos

3. Support for MHQ (vehicle instead of tent?) or multiple spawn points (Norrins script should support MHQ out of the box, but if the MHQ is destroyed, it should respawn at the actual spawn point).

Yes improved loading and saving would be spectacular, as many things i do could carry on for days at a time, which is not doable, obviously if for nothing else needing sleep! Also more presets for init, command line and triggers would be awesome, even better if read from a pre-compiled source I.E. txt file. And yes being able to use more then a MASH for a spawn point would be amazing, perhaps a preset in parameters, or maybe even in game (Ideal). It has also been mentioned of the ability to export this for usability in the actual editor, or import/export compatible with the editor, you'd be god by doing that.

That's my list. Let me please say that I love VTS, what you have done here for me and my group is amazing, I didn't wanna seem like a overbearing ass or a nitpicker posting this. Please understand I use this almost exclusively on like 12 islands, this is more or less all we have been doing since VTS 3.5 came out, and I pretty much always GM, and when we use this, the GM almost never actually "plays" with the rest of the players. So a vast majority of my Arma time is spent using the editorial functions of this mission.

The last time I mentioned something here you promptly addressed them and I thank you for that, and I noticed you said you were running out of things to do, so I figured now is as good as could be to list my concerns and complications. If these few things are resolved (Be it my end or the mission itself) then I quite literally think you have created a perfect mission editor.

Many thanks again for this great tool, it makes Arma play SO much more exciting and re-playable, I could not imagine being without it, I give you my list in hopes to further progress on something already amazing, thanks again and look forward to your reply.

Edited by Kevaskous

I'd like to be able to place some markers down ... is it possible to do this at the moment or does it have to be coded in ?

Hello.

First of all - thanks for such a great tool.

After that, well...

I edited the mission in a few ways (simple stuff: unit-change, standard parameters preset fitting our team, name change so it fits the rest of the server missions) and packed it up again with cpbo. Uploaded on the server and...

a) version with our units don't work

b) loading takes forever

c) editor lag terribly

Now I guess it's because of:

- missing mission.sqm entries (PL soldiers version fail)

- cpbo (loading and editor lag)

Now I'd like to ask:

a) Did I do something wrong? (our addons should initilise right and sit in mission.sqm after I clicked "save" in the editor)

b) How did You packed the mission (game editor or something external?) and is my guess right it's the packing tool problem?

Btw same case as our unit problem was occuring with Chernarus version using "rename file" method.

If you change the entries in the mission.sqm and replace them with other units there should be no problem (assuming that the server actually has the units addon installed!)

Check your RPT that it is not being spammed with errors (which would account for serious lag)

I have a seriously modded VTS and it seems to work perfectly, even with lots of additional addons (in script form) running inside the mission.

Looking forward to the next version from gonza and L'Etranger ! It just keeps getting better and better!

Kremator, how did You packed the mission? (it's still a possiblity, some pbo packers was breaking some scripts for my friends missions)

Without going into the mission.sqm? I don't think so. If you can edit mission.sqm then it will be easy.

Been a while since I posted in this thread, but I still have the same question.

How do I make the West spawn no longer spawn at a random place on the map?

Simply moving the spawnpoint doesn't work. VTS still spawns the spawnpoint on a random place on the map. I just want it to spawn at the place where I placed the spawn... is that possible?

Is there any rough documentation for VTS?... specifically triggers. All I want is a simple trigger that detects badguys/goodguys... whatever. I can do this in the plain old editor without a hitch but in VTS I just am not getting it.

I'll set the side, I set present, one time, I set it for victory, I set the condition to "this"... what am I doing wrong.

But as I asked earlier, is there any rough documentation available? I rather read that and then as k Q's then just blurt.

following up...

Say I make a east soldier called "joe"

If I set a victory trigger and the condition as "!alive joe", when I kill joe I get "script objec.verif.sqf not found"

If I use the same trigger and set it to fail, when I kill joe I get the mission failed notice.

The markers and triggers can go a bit screwy now and again. It does need an overhaul to get that side of things working.

So you are saying it is not necessarily me misapplying the technology as it is tings just just dont work quite right?

All in all I think VTS is a great piece of work.... a little rough but great for spontaneous action.

apologies for bieng dumb, I have scoured the thread and readme and cant for the life of me find anything detailing the use of the shop?

Can it be used by non GM players? how is it activated?

Loving this BTW, all bieng done with scripts without the hassle of adding another mod to the server.

Good times have been had and will be had.

thanks again.

In editor mode in VTS, make an object and in the drop down box (to the right) you will see VTS_isShop or something like that.

Hey presto a SHOP !

Hey got a few questions that may end up being requests, aswell a few problems. I do -A LOT- of night missions with this with varying themes. Here's some of my dilemma's.

1: Sometimes NV gets all wonky with ACE + GM having NV. Seems to get stuck max on or max off in brightness, and all sorts of funky behavior.

2: I often want to do heli transporting of troops, bit find that they will not get in when i use the get in command, I can however (Though very far from ideal) take control of them and put them in the heli, then I have the heli land at new location, but the problem is, I cannot get them to get OUT, there is no way to interact with them any longer, can't take control of them, can't disembark them, nothing, any work around for this? I have not used any back door methods yet like i do for putting them in, but this really should not be a problem to do to begin with? (I think more selectable way points, perhaps different ones for different classes, air, man etc. or even customizable way points would be a great solution.)

3: The shop is AMAZING, especially for what me and my group does, but it would be nice to be able to set the prices of stuff when unlocked, also, I find it kinda poor that most guns regardless of manufacturer and design cost the same, a AKM certainly is cheaper then a M4 or M16, but not in this? I find this troubling.

4: It seems when i scroll with placement for height, it's very large jumps quite hard to place a tent or something on the ground rather then slightly floating or slightly buried, am I missing something? Furthermore anyway to ZOOM in and out from the object you are placing, quite a few things there are way WAY too big to set right up close, and doing so from above lacks the ability to be precise. Also would be nice to be able to start a manned Heli etc on the ground, so they must first take off, as opposed to already in the air, used to be able to do this.

5: Placing units on random radius seems broken, infantry will walk around in a 40 foot radius at best, and heli's won't move at all, again am I missing something? if not, some larger random patrolling would be nice.

6: No empty box like there used to be, or am I missing it? Would be nice to have without scripting so people can store acquired equipment, used to have one.

7: I really think the GM should be Civilian, in fact it seems to convert to that once the missions loads anyways, at least for me.

8: More presets for parameters would be awesome.

9: Taking control of a unit bugs it, scripts no longer recognize the unit as it's original faction if it was a different faction. Also they turn and remain black people of random assortment, which is odd if they are Russian! XD

Some other things others have mentioned worth re-mentioning.

That would be amazing, or maybe even read a txt file that you add it all in, or something of this nature.

This would indeed be very, very helpful.

Yes improved loading and saving would be spectacular, as many things i do could carry on for days at a time, which is not doable, obviously if for nothing else needing sleep! Also more presets for init, command line and triggers would be awesome, even better if read from a pre-compiled source I.E. txt file. And yes being able to use more then a MASH for a spawn point would be amazing, perhaps a preset in parameters, or maybe even in game (Ideal). It has also been mentioned of the ability to export this for usability in the actual editor, or import/export compatible with the editor, you'd be god by doing that.

That's my list. Let me please say that I love VTS, what you have done here for me and my group is amazing, I didn't wanna seem like a overbearing ass or a nitpicker posting this. Please understand I use this almost exclusively on like 12 islands, this is more or less all we have been doing since VTS 3.5 came out, and I pretty much always GM, and when we use this, the GM almost never actually "plays" with the rest of the players. So a vast majority of my Arma time is spent using the editorial functions of this mission.

The last time I mentioned something here you promptly addressed them and I thank you for that, and I noticed you said you were running out of things to do, so I figured now is as good as could be to list my concerns and complications. If these few things are resolved (Be it my end or the mission itself) then I quite literally think you have created a perfect mission editor.

Many thanks again for this great tool, it makes Arma play SO much more exciting and re-playable, I could not imagine being without it, I give you my list in hopes to further progress on something already amazing, thanks again and look forward to your reply.

Adding to the list is;

Joining two players to a group forces the non Team Leader to become AI and unplayable until the player reconnects.

The "computer" tends to stop responding to player input for setting patrol between points and move to point on map etc until closed, waiting for countdown to completely elapse then retry, makes things very cumbersome.

I'll let you know if i find any more...

hi and thanks for all the hard work! is there a way of transferring GM to another player? i see an option before starting a mission but can't find a way to transfer GM to another player once the mission has started.

thanks in advance

You cant "transfer" the GM to another player, but another player can enter the GM slot when the old GM has left the game (slot).

You cant "transfer" the GM to another player, but another player can enter the GM slot when the old GM has left the game (slot).

Ah.. thanks. I assume that means that the game has to be restarted then? Ideally, I was hoping to 'hot swap' the GM in game rather than stop and start. I suppose I could save the game, send the commands generated, send that to the next GM, stop the game, restart it and the new GM 'loads' the commands in. Not ideal, but a workaround?