Sign in to follow this  
Midhaven

ErrorMessage: Out of memory

Any sollution to this problem yet?

I keep geting this as soon as I fly over areas with lots of units.

The exact error message:

ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 965 KB).

Reserved 524288 KB.

Total free 10818 KB

Free blocks 726, Max free size 690 KB

I have my video memory set to Normal, my card is 512mb. I use the -maxmem=2048 parameter and I have set my paging file size to 6142mb.

Me too lets start a club.

Mine is on a server though. Running dual quad core zeons with 8gig of ram go figure.

Error Message: Out of memory (requested 253 KB).

Reserved 524288 KB.

Total free 23469 KB

Free blocks 5971, Max free size 127 KB

PS: Server running ACE2 Beta mods only.

Edited by ToddMcIntyre
added PS:

I think the problem is the same as the CTD issues. Arma2 seems to have a memory leak and when video memory runs out it crashes. Peoples systems probabley crash at different times, different ways.

When ARMA2 last CTD on me my video card memory had 915 MB alloted (process still running). Arma2 literally hits a brick wall when all the video memory is used up.

Its not the video card memory. I only get the out of memory error on the server. Anyone who runs a server can tell you there is know video its a console window with logging.

could You please start new CIT report related to Your server crash bug and include usual details about system / crashdumps etc ?

and don't forget assign it to me on CIT ... thanks

I don't believe that this is a problem with the game. It is probably the graphics card driver's fault, although I can't know. I had the same problem with (video) memory getting saturated and then the game crashing (and I have 1024 MB of video memory).

I also assumed that the game itself was causing it. After a month or so I changed a setting in the nvidia control panel (I turned "Threaded optimization" off) and the game worked flawlessly afterwards. What seems is not necessary true... Until there is solid evidence of the source of the problem, all potential sources should be given equal chance, because intuition is sometimes wrong. If the leak was a consequence of bad coding, everyone would experience it eventually. Yet there are people (now including me) who can run the game no problemo.

If you have an nvidia card try the above. You can also try setting your memory size manually in the config file - type in the exact number. If those two fail, try some further experimenting with the driver settings.

I accidentally got one the other day too. It was clearly my fault as I had pasted some incorrect code into a units init line. As soon as I'd amended it, the crash stopped happening. Let me know if you think it's related I'll see if I can replicate it.

It is the PC Motherboard memory. I thought it was ACE causing it so we stopped running ACE on server. I still get the out of memory error all the time. As you know the server is a console window no video being used. It is the game apparently not releasing the memory that isn't being used anymore. It runs until all my server memory all 8gb is used then crashes. I would attach the rpt but I dont see a way to attach files to posts.

Edited by ToddMcIntyre