Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

Medevac Module

for that call in medevac.......................you already had that "RTB" command in the radio command menu o.O

so i dont where you have the problem.

Hi Goliath

I have the Medevac Script working a treat in my missions. However, is it possible to move the " call medevac " menu item into the 0-8 Communication menu to go along side the GL4 scripts like " force move " and " call artillery ".

It would make it more difficult to press by mistake, by putting the menu deeper in the commands list. Nothing much i know, but it would be nice.

I would love it if you could make this as an addon and not a script, then we could just add it to any mission easily.

Thanks,

Cub. :)

P.S. Sorry G. Just read your last post .... doh !

Edited by cub1

too bad.............no update..........really was looking forward to this

Sorry guys for the long delay but I'm very busy in RL :(

BTW I've corrected the annoiyng "Call in medevac" action pop-up when you go near/dismount a vehicle..I'm finishing to resolving the MP bugs ;)

Edited by goliath86

no problem! just good to know that you didnt let it down.

so much addons die before they are really born:(

Do not worry bandit! I'm here to support the MM ;)

Good News I was just testing this out with the BW Mod SAR Helo. But I need to add code to the Init Line of the Helo like " Open the Side Doors" how can I do this ?

Thanks

ok, I am sorry I don't understand this and everyone does... But I don't know how to install this. In the first post and in the read me it states:

INSTALLATION

1. Extract the Medevac.7z

2. Put the folder @Medevac in your ArmA's directory

3. Put the folder 'userconfig', that you can find inside the @Medevac folder, in your ArmA 2's main directory

4. Modify the desktop's shortcut with this line: -mod=@Medevac

5. Enjoy

I know how to do #1 (duh) but #s 2, 3, and 4 I don't get. Where is the Arma's directory, ArmA 2's main directory, and the whole "Modify the desktop's shortcut with this line: -mod=@Medevac"? I hate to be a pain but I really want to try this out and add it to missions I am making. It looks awsome!

ok, I am sorry I don't understand this and everyone does... But I don't know how to install this. In the first post and in the read me it states:

INSTALLATION

1. Extract the Medevac.7z

2. Put the folder @Medevac in your ArmA's directory

3. Put the folder 'userconfig', that you can find inside the @Medevac folder, in your ArmA 2's main directory

4. Modify the desktop's shortcut with this line: -mod=@Medevac

5. Enjoy

I know how to do #1 (duh) but #s 2, 3, and 4 I don't get. Where is the Arma's directory, ArmA 2's main directory, and the whole "Modify the desktop's shortcut with this line: -mod=@Medevac"? I hate to be a pain but I really want to try this out and add it to missions I am making. It looks awsome!

Hi. :)

When you extract, you will see this: (Dashes are to designate the folder tree.)

- @Medevac

-- Addons

-- userconfig

Take the @Medevac folder, and where ever your root install of Arma 2 is, put it in there.

Now, just drag or cut/paste the userconfig folder and do the exact same thing.

They should both be in the Arma 2 root directory now.

How do you start Arma 2? With a shortcut, yes? Well open the shortcut properties by right clicking on it, and at the end of the start string just add the...

-mod=@Medevac

When you start the game, the Medevac Module with load.

Sooo, the next question you will probably have will be concerning the file... unit_array.hpp ...you can edit this file. You should see more info in the read me, or search this thread. But to get you started, you can just save a copy of the original, and then past the code below into the file (over-writing all the contents). That will get you started. - NOTE: Read the last four lines to decide whether you want MM sound. It's self explanatory, and easily edited, too.

//************************************************************************************
//unit's arrays to modify, if you want, units to be spawned insted vanilla's one
//by goliath86
//************************************************************************************

//West units array = 0-Chopper;  1-Medic;  2-Pilot;  3-Vehicle Gunner1;  4-Vehicle Gunner2;  5-Gunner Assistant1;  6-Gunner Assistant2

MM_WEST_ARRAY = ["MH60S", "USMC_Soldier_Medic", "USMC_Soldier_Pilot", "USMC_Soldier_Crew", "USMC_Soldier_Crew", "USMC_Soldier_GL", "USMC_Soldier_AR"];

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//East units array = 0-Chopper;  1-Medic;  2-Pilot;  3-Vehicle Gunner1;  4-Vehicle Gunner2;  5-Gunner Assistant1;  6-Gunner Assistant2

MM_EAST_ARRAY = ["Mi17_medevac_RU", "RU_Soldier_Medic", "RU_Soldier_Pilot", "RU_Soldier_Pilot", "RU_Soldier_Pilot", "RU_Soldier_GL", "RU_Soldier_MG"];

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//Resistance units array = 0-Chopper;  1-Medic;  2-Pilot;  3-Vehicle Gunner1;  4-Vehicle Gunner2;  5-Gunner Assistant1;  6-Gunner Assistant2

MM_RES_ARRAY = ["Mi17_medevac_CDF", "GUE_Soldier_Medic", "GUE_Soldier_Pilot", "GUE_Soldier_Pilot", "GUE_Soldier_Pilot", "GUE_Soldier_GL", "GUE_Soldier_MG"];

//Civilian units array = 0-Chopper;  1-Medic;  2-Pilot;  3-Vehicle Gunner1;  4-Vehicle Gunner2;  5-Gunner Assistant1;  6-Gunner Assistant2

MM_CIV_ARRAY = ["Mi17_medevac_CDF", "RU_Doctor", "RU_Pilot", "RU_Pilot", "RU_Pilot", "RU_Policeman", "RU_Assistant"];

//Globa lvariable to activate/deactivate sounds
//MM_SOUNDS = true;  to activate sounds in the Medevac
//MM_SOUNDS = false; to deactivate sounds and let the sideChat to make the work

MM_SOUNDS = true;

EDIT: Any file you edit, save a copy first, or just keep the zip file, so you can start over, if you have to.

Edited by CyOp

Thanks for the help with the directory. I am still having problems. When I try to put the

-mod=@Medevac into the properties of the short cut it says that it is an invalid path. I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit. I don't know if that would make a difference. I also tried ...ArmA 2\@Medevac in the properties and it will take it, however the module does not show up in the editor.

My shortcut looks like this (with just Medevac). ... "G:\ArmA 2\Arma2.exe" -mod=@Medevac (Yours, of course, will prob look dif.)

You are putting the... -mod=@Medevac ...at the end of the 'Target:' box, correct? Don't put it at the end of the 'Start in:' box.

Your ROOT should look like this:

Arma 2 (folder/ROOT)

- @Medevac (folder)

- - Addons (folder)

- - - medevac.pbo (file)

- userconfig (folder)

- - unit_array.hpp (file) (Of course, there is other stuff in the ROOT dir. :) )

In the editor, you are looking for the Medevac Module in modules, right? (Well, I had to ask.) - Just re-read the readme (and, I guess, my instructions), and take your time. Report back if you are still having probs.

Haha, I was writing "C:...\ArmA 2\arma2.exe-mod=@Medevac" and not "C:...\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@Medevac.

To answer your last, I was looking there but nothing at the time was showing up. However, with your help, it is fixed and working great! I am playing with it right now. Only problem I have seen so far is that I don't see an option for the rescue mission... I have tried placing AA guns between me and the game logic. The chooper gets trashed and the hint "chopper is blowed up" appears but no option to rescue the fallen comrades. Do I have to change a script to enable the option?

Also for anyone with the problem of putting the -mod=@Medevac for Vista. I open games from the "Games" menu in the start menu. I don't like to clutter my desktop with millions of shortcuts. You can still add the mod suffix by right clicking the game icon in the "Games" menu, selecting cstomize, select "edit" for the first option "play" and in the property menu after the target it should read "C:\...\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@Medevac

Thanks for the awsome mod and all the great help!

As for no rescue mission, in the case you describe, the chopper is destroyed, and the crew is dead. There is no one to rescue. :(

When the chopper is damaged enough, just like with a tank, for instance, the crew will abandon the vehicle. The chopper will land if it can, and the crew will disembark. That is when you will get the option to rescue.

Glad you got it working. :cool:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, in your mission, try reducing the number of AA, or, use an emplacement that will not do too much damage. You may be able to get the rescue mission. Also, if you just decide to build a mission of any kind, with MM in it, eventually, you will get the rescue mission. It will happen a lot, or a little, just depends on too many variables in 'the mission' to say.

Edited by CyOp

Hi guys! I'm here with the new beta..

I've hopefully corrected all the known MP bugs and solved the problem with the "Call in Medevac" action always appear..can you try this please and report any problems?

Thank you for your support!! :D

DOWNLOAD: MM_Module.zip

could you pls make a pbo version?......

when i add this with to my other scripts i only get errors><

the other scripts are interupting.

the pbo version worked everytime still fine

could you pls make a pbo version?......

when i add this with to my other scripts i only get errors><

the other scripts are interupting.

the pbo version worked everytime still fine

The pbo version is too different to this version so, I think, "pboing" it it's not a solution to your problem..try it without your script please :D (I will make a pbo version but now I'm not at home)

sry^^ i found out the error:P now its working^^ forget it:P keep comming:D

Hi guys! I'm here with the new beta..

I've hopefully corrected all the known MP bugs and solved the problem with the "Call in Medevac" action always appear..can you try this please and report any problems?

Thank you for your support!! :D

DOWNLOAD: MM_Module.zip

Hi, goliath86. :)

I just came across this. (I haven't used MM for months (?).) I will try to test the new version this next week. - Thanks for the update.

well its works perfect! i just got one bug.........

after death i am missing the call menu o.O

and sometimes i got the call option and sometimes another player......

but working so far fine^^

well its works perfect! i just got one bug.........

after death i am missing the call menu o.O

and sometimes i got the call option and sometimes another player......

but working so far fine^^

OK! Thanks BANDIT!

I will check for these bugs in this week..:D

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Hi, goliath86. :)

I just came across this. (I haven't used MM for months (?).) I will try to test the new version this next week. - Thanks for the update.

Thanks CyOp!!

Thank you very much for your testing! :D

Edited by goliath86

I have a question. First of all thank you for this mod. You are really awesome!

To my question, I think I am doing something wrong. When I request the medevac, the helicipter stops short of my location and when I order the guys in, the helicopter lands where it is. How do I get it to finish the trip to my location and how do I tell it to land or should it automatically do this?

I have a question. First of all thank you for this mod. You are really awesome!

To my question, I think I am doing something wrong. When I request the medevac, the helicipter stops short of my location and when I order the guys in, the helicopter lands where it is. How do I get it to finish the trip to my location and how do I tell it to land or should it automatically do this?

Hi Gamerboy37! thanks!

After you have called the Medevac you have to throw the red smoke grenade

where you want the chopper landing; then the chopper will land and a medic

and two machinegunners will dismount :D