Sign in to follow this  
therev709

SP - Operation Cold Harvest

@jason

np man, I've got my day off tomorrow so I'll be chipping away at my next mission, once i get to the voice stuff I'll let you know ;)

Praise the Lord for the weekend! hahahaa... I will try to finish this mission today as well.. darn, its more difficult than i thought especially with GL4 and its really FUN! The limited vision created by the fog and snow makes spotting enemies under fire very challenging as well. The well designed panthera peaks which are about 600m from peak to peak really extends the firefight all the way to their max engagement range. Very well done! :)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

UPDATE : Completed this mission at last!! 3 days of play! One day for each secop! The final secop was HELL ON EARTH! In the end, everyone was bleeding, injured, out of bandages and out of bullets! Praise the Lord for ACE Flashbang + Throw (Short)! Without this combo, I won't be able to storm into the room where the final objective is and kill all the guards and not the objective himself! All in all, I personally emptied about 80 mags of AK, 30 mags of Tac50, 40 mags of Bizon ammo and 10 mags of 5.56 in this mission (along with another 10 flashbangs and 20 grenades)! The MOST ammo I have EVER expended in one mission! hahahahaha!

UPDATE : Completed this mission at last!! 3 days of play! One day for each secop! The final secop was HELL ON EARTH! In the end, everyone was bleeding, injured, out of bandages and out of bullets! Praise the Lord for ACE Flashbang + Throw (Short)! Without this combo, I won't be able to storm into the room where the final objective is and kill all the guards and not the objective himself! All in all, I personally emptied about 80 mags of AK, 30 mags of Tac50, 40 mags of Bizon ammo and 10 mags of 5.56 in this mission (along with another 10 flashbangs and 20 grenades)! The MOST ammo I have EVER expended in one mission! hahahahaha!

glad you made it ;)

lemme know how many rounds you throw down range once I release my next mission. Its coming along now . . . Just gotta finish up the scripting for the objects, record the radio messages, build the intro sequence, and edit the music :)

I just still need voice actors!!! I have 4 roles to fill total for this one. Jason, I'll be PMing you a script with some dialoge to go through ;) I'll def need you for this next one ;)

heres a few quick teaser screenies to give you an idea of what I've got in the works.

teaser5-1.jpg

teaser2-1.jpg

Teaser4-1.jpg

I'm enjoying 'Operation - Cold Harvest' atm :) It's a very good mission and the atmosphere is just right :)

Already looking forward to 'Operation Jackel's Hunt' ;)

hi i would like to check this one out,

but when i want to start it says mission description is missing and quits to main menu

am i doing something wrong ?

just found out it was me... the files where in the wrong directory...

(EDIT)

but it has a problem with ACE something to do with invisible targets believe they where missing,

hope u can fix this one looking forward to play the mission

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

hi i would like to check this one out,

but when i want to start it says mission description is missing and quits to main menu

am i doing something wrong ?

just found out it was me... the files where in the wrong directory...

(EDIT)

but it has a problem with ACE something to do with invisible targets believe they where missing,

hope u can fix this one looking forward to play the mission

have you updated ACE lately?

JESUS!!! The new screenies look awesome (not to mention that this is the first time I ever saw that specop humvee ever being used in a mission)!!! Not to mention you obviously have your rig tweaked for maximum performance! hehehehe. Ok, Jason's voice coming up in Jackal's Hunt! :)

yes i have, did that yesterday ACE build 218

ACEX Build 172

ACEX_SM Build 17

Could you post the exact error msg please? I'm not having any problems on my end, and many other ppl have gotten it to work so its probably some weird issue on your end, but we'll get it workin for ya ;)

error report is coming up...

(EDIT)

Missions\__cur_sp.panthera2\mission.sqm/intro/groups/item2/vehicles/item0.vehicle:vehicleclass Ewinter_opfor5 no longer exists

when i click ok i get to see only the ocean.

and i click escape, abort thats when it says

script wintersqf not found.

but when i press esc and than press scip i get:

missions_cur_sp.panthera2\mission.sqm/mission/groups/item54/vehicle/item0.vehicle:vehicle class wintersof_at no longer exist

when i press ok i get the following message

script setpbos.sqf not found

i just redowloaded every single addon and its still the same messages as i get bevore,

only thing when i overwrite the desertmercs by schnapdrosel the file was bigger so i think more units in there now.

but error remains the same

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

weird. somehow you're missing the winter mercs addon as well as two scripts for the mission. where are you downloading from?

Now, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but:

do you use mod folders?

do the mods work in the editor (can you place them/make a simple test mission to ensure everything is working)

where did you install the mission file?

Edited by TheRev709

i believe they are in the desert mercs addon if so

www.armaholic.com

like almost all addons mostly i check there

Now, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but:

do you use mod folders?

do the mods work in the editor (can you place them/make a simple test mission to ensure everything is working)

where did you install the mission file?

Hey! i have exactly the same problem! as i wrote before! :(

I would redownload/update the addons, particulary the winter/desert mercs pack since we know you're having issues with that one.

Heres the link: Armaholic

Shame on me!! I didn't see that a new version (v5) of the mercenaries was available! i'm going to test them immediatly!

Definately the ones your having issues with (the winter specops) but I would just go ahead and throw in some units from the other addons too.

Btw, you do have the big winter/desert spec ops addon found here: Armaholic, and not the smaller one that is winter ops only?

And the mission (Operation%20Cold%20Harvest.Panthera2.pbo file, not the SPColdHarvest folder) is installed in your "Missions" folder found in your Arma2 directory?

i think this is the problem normally it would overwrite my exsisting .rar file while saving to folder but it doesnt altough the file is just as big only mine doesnt say version 5

fingers crossed

yes the coldharvest is in missions folder as says the readme ;)

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

ok...

maaannnnn nice intro is this your first mission?, im realy impressed...

awsome intro cant waith to play the rest of it im realy going to like this one for shure

i tought lets first tell u abouth i finaly got it going...

except for one thing when i quit it stil gives a error abouth the setpbo.sqf not found

but it works now, im going to watch out for your next mission/campaign in the meanwhile im out for some snow....

except for one thing when i quit it stil gives a error abouth the setpbo.sqf not found

but it works now, im going to watch out for your next mission/campaign in the meanwhile im out for some snow....

Awesome, glad to hear it works!!

Btw, the error with the setpbo.sqf not found is because the mission is preloaded to play in the background of the menu, but the game only loads the mission.sqm file and nothing else. So when it doesn't find any of the scripts itll come up with the error. No biggy though, it doesn't actually affect anything, and is just an annoyance. Some maps have custom menu videos that play instead of the mission.sqm (Chenarus is one) so those errors don't display.

But otherwise it looks like everything is running fine :)

Enjoy!

dont know why but just updated ACE

now when i start up coldharvest it crashes...

first time when i wanted to resume, so i tought..ok so i just updated and have to restart.

but after a restart i wanted to look at the map for directions while moving to the second objective at the moment i opened the map the game CTD's i tought ill let u know...

dont know why but just updated ACE

now when i start up coldharvest it crashes...

first time when i wanted to resume, so i tought..ok so i just updated and have to restart.

but after a restart i wanted to look at the map for directions while moving to the second objective at the moment i opened the map the game CTD's i tought ill let u know...

ugh I knew something like this would eventually happen.

I'll see what I can do. I hope this wont break the mission I'm working on, I'm finished with it other than voice recording and intro.

Edit: I don't know when I'll get around to this, classes just started and two people quit at work which means I gotta cover their hours. But I'll do the best I can.