Sign in to follow this  
Graw2Pro

M119 Direct Fire - is it possible?

The M119 is impossible to use for direct fire (250m to 1k) because the metal screen blocks the gunner's view.

I can currently only use it for target fire (indirect / long distance) using the aiming map.

Why is this? Am I missing something obvious here? Or is it just a badly designed feature of the game?

all I need to do is go to 3rd person view:

you will be looking from a short distance behind the gun and you will have a clear view of target and crosshair.

just tested and found that it only works sometimes...?

Edited by dogz

Use the gun sight?

OP is saying that he cant see forward of the gun for close direct fire and that he must use the map based LR aiming which I have just found to be true in some testing.

It must depend on scripting and difficulty setting of the mission.

It requires crosshair enabled in game options/difficulty and must be below expert level.

Which gunsight are you referring to?

Edited by dogz

to quote a key press/bind is only of use if it is the same on his PC

you need to tell him what that bind does as an "action"

Why, "optics" of course!

2ndary mouse is also bound to "optics" by defualt too, but for some reason when in a "vehicle" 2ndary mouse zooms, rather than brings the optics up.

NM I had a double bind blocking it...doh!!!

Edited by dogz

They need to fix the click delay on vehicles. If you click and release fast enough, it will switch to optics. If you meant to click, but hold it for more than 1/4 second, then it will just think you meant to zoom.

or try ctrl + v, in ARMA1 it was just V, which is why you might be getting confused.

Thanks very much for this.

I had indeed unbound optics from "0" (because I use the secondary mouse). Swapping back to the default setting fixed the problem. Thanks all.

Edited by Graw2Pro

There seem to be 2 types of "sights", ones that are activated by either the action originally bound to the right mouse button or the action originally bound to the "0" key, and ones that are only usable by the action originally bound to the "0" key.

I've rebound so that I again have 'v' for optics, like OFP and Arma1, and set that jump bind to 'double tap c'.

That's a pretty good idea, Carl. Is Shift + V therefore able to switch to CQB in ACE and bring up the sights at the same time?

I haven't tried that particular combo. For rifle optics I just use RMB as usual. Shift V brings up ranging / sight adjust for me, while I have shift F for "CQB mode". In vehicles, shift V for optics is good, but I only use it if/when it doesn't react to RMB. Don't have any CQB sights there to mess things up :)