Sign in to follow this  
Neutrality

Realistic Scopes?

I am hoping this is the right sub-forum but would it be possible with shaders to make realistic scopes for all the weapons like thisrather than blacking out the screen around it and only zooming on the lens of the scope and not like in cod4 where the entire view zooms in either?

This isnt a request btw...

iraq_sniper_scope.jpg

no its not possible. it requires render to texture, which the arma2 engine is not capable of.

render to texture was in quake three in dont see why BI dont implement it :( if it was in games 12 years ago i dont think it would be that complicated?

render to texture was in quake three in dont see why BI dont implement it :( if it was in games 12 years ago i dont think it would be that complicated?

:icon_rolleyes:

How many ArmA 2 scenes do you think your computer can render at once?

Not a bad thing to ask for because if any of us has actually used a scoped rifle in real life- ( or if not go to your local scope etc dealer, ask nicely to look at one an try looking through it ), because your eye is not actually pressed to the rear of the scope thus blocking out the world--- your eye rests a couple of inches back.... and so you do see around the scope. :D

anyways good point to bring up- especially as it does help target 'location'.

anyways good point to bring up-

It might be if it hadn't been brought every two months like clockwork for the past however many years.

isn 't it possible? think about the screen in screen moment in Eagle Wings campaign?

maybe with scripting? i'm a noob but i guess someone should try it

I think I see this in insurgency mod for HL2. Valve engine.

You do, and I would also love to see this feature implemented into ArmA. And in light of the picture in picture deal, I wouldn't write it off as an engine limitation just yet. :yay:

Maybe BIS did more to ArmA than they said they did.

think about the screen in screen moment in Eagle Wings campaign?

Nah, Gaia just made it look like real. Every frame was a .paa picture he took earlier and then he just made them "play" in the corner of the screen.