Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Final release of CAA1

Well the CAA server are still alive via Yoma's Addonsync, and there are several options, you can download worlds only, ArmA default worlds only, QG worlds, vehicles only, autumn plants...

But right now they are dependant on the OAC_core, without it you can't run any of it right now

Thank you Banderas for this solution. :rolleyes:

Sorry my friend, I tried to rewrite some lines in the configs, but to no succes unluckily, so far this was the only solution I could come up with. Maybe one day I can learn this config-business, and can serve with better solution.

Well I don't see anything wrong with your solution. Just add that line and you're good...

Anyways, I've managed to get Evolution Blue V2 to work on Sahrani! :D

If there is enough interest here (and I could use some help) I would be glad to start editing this mission. I would make ACE version. I would keep concept same as original - no MHQ!!! No teleporting! No ''T'' menu since it interferes with ACE keybinding, instead I would simply leave those options in action menu!

Now, I'll say again, although it is a fully working mission there can be a lot done to improve it. First, I am ready to implement all the ACE stuf, but I need someone who is willing to edit AI OPFOR stuff, I have no idea what has to be changed (if anything even has to...) on their side... First thing I've noticed is that on briefing screen radio towers positions are marked, no idea how to remove that. Also those old red-crosses which were used to indicate which areas Shilkas cover - those need to go away...

Please, let me know if someone is interested, I will most likely open new topic for this.

Also, Kabong, I'm not sure if you're still working on fixing the stuff around Sahrani, but if you do maybe you should know following. You know that you can place M2 and Mk19 on tripod in ACE, right? Well, when you do that on Sahrani, either M2 or Mk19 after placing gets burried into ground... You can fix that by dragging the gun, that will make it pop out from ground but could you maybe look into it?

Edited by Minoza

Just wanted to let you know that I've started working on Sahrani Evolution Blue V2 for ACE 2. I got ACE playable men (30 of them), ACE weapons and ammo (locally handled on clientside), I'm still filling up box according to rank for ranked version. Tomorrow I'll add ACE vehicles... If there is anyone willing to help me make this great mission shine once again in ACE 2 please let me know. My knowledge about editing is poor and I really could use some help.

Yes, I am still working on it. With models that don't stand on the ground correctly or have intersection problems, I am fixing them by just subbing in the Arma 1 models. Even though many are named the same, some of the models changed with Arma 2 which is why I think some are not placing correctly.

Which version of the M2 and Mk19 are you using - ACE or ACE2? Try swapping one for the other and see what happens.

The show stopper for Evo right now is (IMHO) the broken bridge/broken roads, which means you can't have you're AI homies ferrying around repair trucks, etc. I have a few ideas to try but RL keeps on getting in the way so I'm having trouble finding the time.

I would like to suggest we concentrate on just getting vanilla Evo running properly - then integrate ACE.

I agree. Btw. I tried with ACE2 (don't have ACE).

Please, let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help! I don't want to just sit and wait if I can help. I really want CAA1 to come to life in community. You know, I played Arma 1 since it got out and played it really, really long, I think until Arma 2 got out XD. And 80% of time when I was playing A1 I would play Evolution Blue V2. It was my favourite mission. Still is. It's just some people fucked it up in A2... Now I am willing to re-create what it used to be!

So, I'll say again, if there is anything I can do to help please let me know! I don't know much, but I learn fast + I am proffessional 3D designer in RL. (but mostly commercials/art etc..)

Now that was a FUN read for like 17 pages.... :D

Normaly I don't read to much in the arma 2 forum only a few threads :bounce3:

This is surtenly not one of it but I was linked into here via a other thread.

anyway: it felt like the old days OFP-Res., ArmA and surtenly when a new release was on its way :rolleyes:

Update

I've got all the ACE vehicles, weapons, etc.. (well almost all, there's still few things that I need to add...) in the mission. No point to wait cause that stuff doesn't affect anything, they are just there.

Kabong, I've tested few bridges, they seem to be fine. Am I missing something? What's the exact problem and which bridges (where)?

Update

Kabong, I've tested few bridges, they seem to be fine. Am I missing something? What's the exact problem and which bridges (where)?

See here and here from earlier in this thread.

Oh OK. Thank you, sorry for bothering you with this... :(

I appreciate all the hard work you are puting into this. Aslo I appreciate all kju has done. I'll see if I can find solution maybe, though I doubt it, I don't know much about this...

Hey, hoping someone can help me out here. I loaded CAA1 using the modfolder method. It use to work just fine. Than I redownloaded all the indivisual files and replaced them. Now NO CAA1 maps are showing up. However some arma 1 aircrafts and such are. Does anyone know what could be the problem? If any new mods like ACE or CBA arent compatible? I didnt have time to mod troubleshoot but thought id ask while im at work and untill I get home.

@CombatComm

Check if the content is in the addon folder to which your shortcut is referring to. New download via Yoma's Addonsync makes the addons put into different subfolders, most of us just copy it into one addon folder, because writing the many subfolders into the target line would be too long.

Hey, when I say modfolder I mean I have @CAA1/Addons/All the CAA1 files

than I am using arma II launcher. Dosent work tho, preatty strange.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Should I have OAC and CAA1 serperate? Cuz they are currently in the same addons folder.

Just move all files from subdirectories of caa1 into caa1/AddOns/

They are. I downloaded all files INDIVUSUALLY so they arent in any subdirectories. Just PBOs and such. Any ideas? Are there any incompatable mods?

PLEASE HELP~~!! I have CAA1 and OAC running fine now and installed Razani but I cant get it to work! All CAA1 Maps show up. What am I missing? I have opx stuff too minus the opx road. Thanks in advance

Hmm... you have a weird issue there... I'm sure you're missing something... Did you check all the usual stuff? Exe parameters, folders itself... Dunno what might be wrong...

Hey guys, i have a problem using CAA1 with Ace : i have CTD with the different BMPs. Regarding to this post and this topic it seems to be OAC related.

I know kju isn't here anylonger and that CAA1 will not be updated anymore, but if somebody has an idea of what needs to be modified in OAC in order to run Ace and CAA1 together, it would be great :)

I've tried to look into the config some time ago, but no luck so far. Right now I have other things on my hand, but if it won't be fixed by anybody, I might look into it in the future. I just have to improve myself on config "front" :)

I'm going to try a config replacement for CAA1 fixing everything that's broken in the final release like invisible KA-50 in the editor, doing some english/german localization. However it'll take a while because I have to "fix" the german ArmA II and several other addons first to get myself into the matter. However I don't know if it'll fix things for ACE2 as I don't use this mod.

I have several fixes of misplaced/miselevated objects ready to go and am just waiting for the-f to get back to me regarding distributing the fixes via the Addon Sync server. He said he had to get through exams first and to pm him after Feb 2, which I have now done.

I haven't been able to look at the broken bridge (for AI driving) west of Corazol and reports of broken roads (for AI driving) north of the main air base due to a serious family matter I have to deal with. Hopefully when I get done with that I'll be able to try recompiling Sahrani for Arma 2 using the latest Mikero tools and the Arma 2 bin tool in an attempt to fix these problems.

I havent used this CAA1 yet, but just a quick question. Would I be able to run the LOBO historic Armour pack through this?.

I'd like to play around with the syrian tanks and the centurion ect. in combination with P85 vehicles in ARMA 2. Want to find out if it'll work first before I download 2.2 gigs of data.

not sure. probably not as it would require some basic config changes and some of the textures may point to places that no longer exist. I know LoBo is porting the stuff themselves. There are other reasons to download it though. For example the OFP Island Pack. One of the greatest things ever made imho.

I havent used this CAA1 yet, but just a quick question. Would I be able to run the LOBO historic Armour pack through this?.

I'd like to play around with the syrian tanks and the centurion ect. in combination with P85 vehicles in ARMA 2. Want to find out if it'll work first before I download 2.2 gigs of data.

Can you give me a link for this LOBO pack and ill test for you.

LOBO Historic tank pack worked for me, althought I only put empty vehicles on the map, but they are work with CAA1. With ACE they have the invulnerability problem, because of the new armor system.