Sign in to follow this  
Viking_NFS

Norwegian Forces Pack

You could try asking Arremba (Pedagne Mod) for permission to use his AB412, it's an amazing airframe, and Arremba is one of the most friendly people I've met on these forums, so I'm sure he would be willing to help you out further.

I will be sure to do that. The only problem I would have is changing the texture if it doesn't use the same texture as the vanilla UH-1, unless Arremba could provide me with a PSD.

Thanks dude!

Alright folks, release time is getting very close.

I have nowhere to upload files to, so if someone could give me a hand in that department please let me know!

To begin with, this is what is in the pack:

- Infantry in woodland and desert (a few different units with patches)

- NORSOF operators in woodland and desert

- Mercedes Benz MB290GD in OD, camo and desert

- M113 and M113 ambulance in camo

- Air Force 720sq Bell 412 (retextured vanilla ArmA2 UH-1 until further notice)

- Air Force F-35 (vanilla ArmA2 retextured)

Known bugs at the moment, if anyone has suggestions/wants to help:

- M113 ambulance has "Could not load material file" error, even though the path is correct and the material file is in the pbo

- Error message every time I open the insert/edit unit window in the editor:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses/NOM_NORWAY.priority'.

- Three units have gone missing from the editor, even though they are in the config and worked fine a few days ago

- Havent got around to making armoured vehicle crew in Norwegian uniforms as of yet, still using US camo

- Havent added units with vilas's AG3 and MG3 yet (for historical purposes)

I am releasing the above now so people have at least SOMETHING to play around with for the time being.

I am running into alot of bugs and difficulty with the Leo2/CV90/Iveco and I havent even started the Patria yet. Not to mention the above bugs.

So I am abit disheartened at the moment, and have put them on ice for a while unless I get some help. If anyone would like to help me, please let me know!

I won't bother posting any of the bugs in these units yet. If someone who knows what they are about and want to help, drop me a PM please:)

So let me know about hosting the download!

Edited by Viking_NFS

Instead of releasing everything in one big jumbled mess, I think you would have much more luck in tackling the project in bite sized packages. Smaller packaged addons with definite themes and utility is also easier for scenario writers to work with.

ie:

AO Patrol Package

6 or so different desert troops -- Skinned as patrol members.

1-2 Mercedes Benz vehicles

Pick a small arms family that looks good and is reasonably faithful to RL.*

AO Assault Package

Generic Soldiers

Small arms family from above (possibly adding some exotics)

UH-1Y Chopper

M113 transport and ambulance

AO Logistics Package

Fighter Aircraft and heavier vehicles (like tanks) in Desert camouflage.

*RH HK416 package is perhaps an obvious choice, but not necessarily the right one. AO already contains the CZ M4A3 variants which are perfectly suitable stand-ins for any armalite based gun. Having said that a few (you don't need all of them) 416s and 417s reskinned in desert camo would be hot.

Remember it IS a fictional scenario taking place in a fictional timeline.

-k

Instead of releasing everything in one big jumbled mess, I think you would have much more luck in tackling the project in bite sized packages. Smaller packaged addons with definite themes and utility is also easier for scenario writers to work with.

ie:

AO Patrol Package

6 or so different desert troops -- Skinned as patrol members.

1-2 Mercedes Benz vehicles

Pick a small arms family that looks good and is reasonably faithful to RL.*

AO Assault Package

Generic Soldiers

Small arms family from above (possibly adding some exotics)

UH-1Y Chopper

M113 transport and ambulance

AO Logistics Package

Fighter Aircraft and heavier vehicles (like tanks) in Desert camouflage.

*RH HK416 package is perhaps an obvious choice, but not necessarily the right one. AO already contains the CZ M4A3 variants which are perfectly suitable stand-ins for any armalite based gun. Having said that a few (you don't need all of them) 416s and 417s reskinned in desert camo would be hot.

Remember it IS a fictional scenario taking place in a fictional timeline.

-k

Thanks for the suggestions.

At the moment I don't really feel like doing much more work on the pack, due to a mixture of lost interest and real life.

I also don't have OA and haven't yet decided if I am going to get it.

I am willing to release the units I have done at the moment to give people something to play around with. Or people can wait and see if I get it done properly (I wouldn't hold my breath).

If people want the units I have now (fully functioning), I must again request a webspace for hosting.

Sorry about this guys, maybe I'll feel better about it all after a while.:(

VIKING

"Quitters never win. Winners never quit"

:D

-k

Alright folks, release time is getting very close.

I have nowhere to upload files to, so if someone could give me a hand in that department please let me know!

To begin with, this is what is in the pack:

- Infantry in woodland and desert (a few different units with patches)

- NORSOF operators in woodland and desert

- Mercedes Benz MB290GD in OD, camo and desert

- M113 and M113 ambulance in camo

- Air Force 720sq Bell 412 (retextured vanilla ArmA2 UH-1 until further notice)

- Air Force F-35 (vanilla ArmA2 retextured)

Known bugs at the moment, if anyone has suggestions/wants to help:

- M113 ambulance has "Could not load material file" error, even though the path is correct and the material file is in the pbo

- Error message every time I open the insert/edit unit window in the editor:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses/NOM_NORWAY.priority'.

- Three units have gone missing from the editor, even though they are in the config and worked fine a few days ago

- Havent got around to making armoured vehicle crew in Norwegian uniforms as of yet, still using US camo

- Havent added units with vilas's AG3 and MG3 yet (for historical purposes)

I am releasing the above now so people have at least SOMETHING to play around with for the time being.

I am running into alot of bugs and difficulty with the Leo2/CV90/Iveco and I havent even started the Patria yet. Not to mention the above bugs.

So I am abit disheartened at the moment, and have put them on ice for a while unless I get some help. If anyone would like to help me, please let me know!

I won't bother posting any of the bugs in these units yet. If someone who knows what they are about and want to help, drop me a PM please:)

So let me know about hosting the download!

the path to your materiel file may be correct.... but check the paths inside the mat ;) i dont know how many times ive been bitten by that one.

what other errors are you having with the files? maybee i can help

Cheers, will have a look at that one!

Leo2 and cv90 commander turrets arent rotating, even though i can find nothing wrong with the selections. The commander and gunner positions also cause ctd upon start or entering them, unless the views are locked to optics.

Thats what i remember so far, will get back with more later.

Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

:D

-k

Its more a case of not wanting to "win" at Arma2 anymore!

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Try Armaholic?

Will do, cheers!

Cheers, will have a look at that one!

Leo2 and cv90 commander turrets arent rotating, even though i can find nothing wrong with the selections. The commander and gunner positions also cause ctd upon start or entering them, unless the views are locked to optics.

Thats what i remember so far, will get back with more later.

Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Its more a case of not wanting to "win" at Arma2 anymore!

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Will do, cheers!

i had a similar problem with my leo2. What is the source of your model?

Alright I'm not completely gone yet it seems.

Got a major bug fixed (the factionclasses one), but still can't get the material file to work, having tried everything suggested here by wld427!

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also the Leo2 and CV90 turret bug?

Progress report:

1. Iveco is in game and looking fine, but I can't for the love of me get the turret to move at all (including firing) and the wheels (even though they spin during movement) wont turn when the vehicle turns. I'm guessing its a model.cfg problem, but I've tried fixing it all day to no avail.

2. Added RHIB, RHIB MK19 and zodiac.

3. Added C-130J from vanilla game. (Fixed the problem I had with this)

4. Fixed the problem with some of the soldiers not showing up in the editor.

If anyone have any solutions to the problem in bold, please let me know.

Edited by Viking_NFS

SITREP:

1. New desert NORSOF operators based on Operation Arrowhead Delta, KSK and CZ SF - COMPLETE

2. IVECO LMV armed with M2 - COMPLETE

3. Leopard 2 - COMPLETE

4. CV9030N - COMPLETE

5. Norwegian crew - COMPLETE

6. Armed MB290 - COMPLETE

I may or may not do some work on the remaining infantry and woodland NORSOF (probably not since I'm happy with the current look of them).

Apart from that, its pretty much done..... :) Screenshots soon.

PS: Patria, M113 and M109 have not been forgotten about, but I think it's high time I release stuff

Edited by Viking_NFS

Alright guys sorry for the wait.

Norfor for Operation Arrowhead is now more or less officially complete.

Yet-to-do-list:

- Add AG3 and MG3 variations for historic/nostalgic purposes DONE

- Add urban uniforms for NORSOF operators DONE

- Add Special Boat Operators DONE

- Add MB290 Armed and Iveco LMV in OD green paint scheme DONE

- Add weaponcargo to vehicles

Here are some screenshots for you all. Complete list of all units below.

I have emphasized desert units since that is where OA is set, but most/all units have a woodland counterpart.

ivecotmbn.th.jpg

leocvlmv.th.jpg

norsof.th.jpg

multiia.th.jpg

(Please excuse my ghastly graphics settings - running off a laptop)

Unit list:

+ Norwegian Army Infantry in Woodland and Desert uniforms

- Telemark Batallion

- 2nd Batallion

- Armoured Batallion

- His Majesty The King's Guard, Engineer Batallion, Intelligence Batallion, Ranger Company, Border Company

+ Norwegian Naval Infantry in Woodland and Desert uniforms

- Coastal Ranger Command

+ Norwegian Special Operations Forces (NORSOF) operators in Woodland, Desert and Urban uniforms

- Recon elements

- Assault elements

- Sniper Team

- Air Force Bell 412SP w/crew

- Special Boat Operators (RHIB, Zodiac CRRC)

+ Norwegian Army Vehicles in woodland and desert variations

- Mercedes 290 light jeep

- Mercedes 290 armed "Multi"

- Iveco LMV armoured vehicle

- Hägglunds CV9030N

- KMW/MaK Leopard 2A4

- NM113 variants

+ Royal Norwegian Air Force

- C-130J-30 Hercules

Await completion shortly.

Edited by Viking_NFS

Wow congratulations Viking! I'm looking forward to Norway in to the fight in the Green Sea Region. Looking forward to your eventual release of the project! Keep up the terrific work.

:)

hmmmmo.jpg

(For those of you not familiar with Norwegian, the photo depicts a bodyguard from the Norwegian Police Security Service, PST.)

Also I have updated the "To do" list above. Getting there.

Don't want to sound impatient. But have you encountered any new problems? or does the last stuff just take some time

Don't worry, it's almost done.

I even have the Readme written out and everything!

I am just completing some last-stage "experiments" and trying to make some basic missions, and then it is complete. All addons are done at this stage.

will this mod be pretty much the same as SFP? i mean like desert, winter & woodland camo (or what you now call your camo type for :p)

will this mod be pretty much the same as SFP? i mean like desert, winter & woodland camo (or what you now call your camo type for :p)

Well, yes and no.

Norway uses the CV90 and Leopard 2, which are also used by Sweden. So in that respect yes.

Apart from that, no.:)

The rest of the material is different, not to mention all pain schemes on uniforms and vehicles.

Desert and woodland only so far, since there isn't really good a winter map for ArmA2. And I don't really have the time to make another set of everything in winter camo.