Sign in to follow this  
Pilcrow

When Diplomacy Fails.

I'm at work right now and have yet to try it, but I'm curious: has anyone played 1.05's new multiplayer warfare mission When Diplomacy Fails?

If so, impressions?

no i m trying to find some information on it but its a bit sketchy at the moment

I just joined it as Resistance...but after playing hundreds of hours ArmA Warfare and ArmA2 Warfare BE...I dont get what this warfare mode is about.

it turned into a deathmatch as soon as I found a East and a West Player.

The respawn is soemtwhat strange to since yiu respawn were you die...and get shot again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again at respawn.

yiu respawn were you die
... no?

That is only true if you are killed in your main base. Otherwise you have the choice of either respawning in your base or at a nearby friendly outpost.

Tons of fun & shitty framerate. It really makes it a lot more interesting to introduce a third side.

Okay so I cannot for the life of me play this because my framerate goes down to 5 or below 5 minutes into the game. And here I thought Warfare and Evolution were bad. My CPU needs an upgrade... sigh. I wish I could find servers with good ACE missions so I could actually play this game how it should be.

Great concept, but was disappointed when the interfaces and menus were not identical to warfare, it threw me for a loop. It is fun being a rebel though, and having close proximity to the towns compared to the other factions is a great way of evening out the technological disadvantage to the other two.

I still don't know how to call up a diplomatic menu of some sort (Always tried with no one else on, do other players need to be your adversary for it to be activated?). Where's the manual?

Yes to get the diplomacy to work you need to be commander and there needs to be a human commander on another team, I guess the AIs are not friendly. :)

I've had no problems with frame rate tbh..

Also, did you know there was a 3 way 'template' built into the warfare.pbo before this new version came out?

yeah, i tried it out but it didnt have the diplomacy thing though.

And one more thing...why do so little people play it? :confused:

And one more thing...why do so little people play it? :confused:

Probably the same reason why 3-sided football, ping pong, chess, fencing, arm wrestling etc aren't very popular.