Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Never mind saying I'm in denial, why the f-bomb would I lie about a video not working? I can see you're quite an arrogant guy. I will check again but I'm not really too bothered.

OK, go to this link and see if the 3 videos are working. They still do not work for me so don't accuse me of being in denial when they do not work for me. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9729

Can you not read: Videos by maggotsic

Does that say rip31st?

Apparently those are not my videos. hmmmm.

You come into my thread. You tell me our mod is full of bugs in which case we never denied. INFACT we know it has bugs and openly admit there are. We also strive to fix them which we make clear in our thread. Then you try to tell us you couldn't find a Garand in a WW2 mod. :confused: Then you insult us by trying to tell us some stupid links to someone else's youtube videos were removed due to copyright violation most likely because he used music. AGAIN not my videos. Then you DROP F-BOMBS in my thead.

Tell us something we don't know. :mad:

Okay back to modding for people that appreciate our efforts. Have a nice day.

Edited by Rip31st

Can you not read: Videos by maggotsic

Does that say rip31st?

Apparently those are not my videos. hmmmm.

You come into my thread. You tell me our mod is full of bugs in which case we never denied. INFACT we know it has bugs and openly admit there are. We also strive to fix them which we make clear in our thread. Then you try to tell us you couldn't find a Garand in a WW2 mod. :confused: Then you insult us by trying to tell us some stupid links to someone else's youtube videos were removed due to copyright violation most likely because he used music. AGAIN not my videos. Then you DROP F-BOMBS in my thead.

Tell us something we don't know. :mad:

Okay back to modding for people that appreciate our efforts. Have a nice day.

You really are a touchy guy who I never tried to insult, I simply asked when the full version will be out because the beta is too buggy for me to enjoy at the moment, I never said I don't appreciate it. I never said I can't find the M1 Garand in the mod, I was looking for a single weapon download of it. The videos which were not working didn't say who's they are. It was on the release page on Armaholic where it had them embedded, and they still didn't work. Don't have a period because somebody made a few comments and asked some questions and tried to HELP by saying some videos were down. You can live your life being an arrogant over dramatic guy who is clearly too sensitive to comments posted on a forum. And about the F-word, this is a mature forum for a mature game. What's wrong with using mature, adult language? none of us are 10 years old, who gets offended by the F-word, I do think the mod is a brilliant idea and can't wait for the full release, just chill a bit dude.

You really are a touchy guy who I never tried to insult, I simply asked when the full version will be out because the beta is too buggy for me to enjoy at the moment, I never said I don't appreciate it. I never said I can't find the M1 Garand in the mod, I was looking for a single weapon download of it. The videos which were not working didn't say who's they are. It was on the release page on Armaholic where it had them embedded, and they still didn't work. Don't have a period because somebody made a few comments and asked some questions and tried to HELP by saying some videos were down. You can live your life being an arrogant over dramatic guy who is clearly too sensitive to comments posted on a forum. And about the F-word, this is a mature forum for a mature game. What's wrong with using mature, adult language? none of us are 10 years old, who gets offended by the F-word, I do think the mod is a brilliant idea and can't wait for the full release, just chill a bit dude.

It's not that we find the "f-word" offensive, it is just a juvenile word to use while having a conversation with sophisticated mod-ers. A lot of hard work has been put in this mod with whatever free time these people come up with. It is amazing how few bugs there actually are. Your argument apperas to me as quite contradictory. It may not have been your intentions, but your posts sounded like they were meant to insult Rip31st. A simply apology for the misunderstanding would have been mature and suffice.

It's not that we find the "f-word" offensive, it is just a juvenile word to use while having a conversation with sophisticated mod-ers. A lot of hard work has been put in this mod with whatever free time these people come up with. It is amazing how few bugs there actually are. Your argument apperas to me as quite contradictory. It may not have been your intentions, but your posts sounded like they were meant to insult Rip31st. A simply apology for the misunderstanding would have been mature and suffice.

I understand what you're saying but I don't see how my post was insulting, if you read back I said "when is the full version going to be out because the current one is pretty buggy and I can't really enjoy it at the moment". If you were honestly insulted then I am sorry about that, but you really should loosen up a bit. And the f-word isn't exactly juvenile, it's a word used when someone is angry, do you not swear at all?

The embedded videos say "Videos by maggotsic" right above them. It's fairly plain to read. I think anyone could have understood this. I also know most people are aware of youtubes policy on copyrighted material such as music. It's pretty clear - use someone elses music, it get's muted or removed. I'm also pretty sure one could surmise that was the reason why those videos were removed. I'm not going to place your intelligence below that considering you have your own arma2 videos and you know the policy.

So coming into this thread and pretending there was this so called "violation" on behalf of our mod team, myself, or it's members, lets us, other members of this bulletin board know you're attempting to, or trying to stir up something that isn't there. I have no clue what your intentions are. Nor do I care. BUT - You posted a link to the page yourself. I'm sure you can read who made those videos right above them.

The other issues with the garand, whatever. There is one in the mod for your enjoyment or for whatever reason you deem fit.

Thanks for reminding me of the garand. It currently needs it's real world ballistics programmed into our weapons configuration.

Again...have a great day!

Run away.

Exactly...I'm done with it. :rolleyes:

Dude, to be honest. People can see on the first post I made that I'm not going trying to stir stuff up, and then they can read yours and think "Wow, why is he going so mad and blowing it all out of proportion?" I asked some simple questions and was just curious why they were taken down, you say I'm pretending they're gone but from my end, I can't view them so that is the only evidence I had to go on. I am was not insulting you or your mod or your team, I asked two questions and you pretty much shouted at me and made out that the questions I asked were offensive, you can pretend that you didn't but everyone can read the posts and see that you did, I apologize if you were offended but that's nothing to do with what I said at my end.

you misinterpreted what I said and blew it up into an argument, maybe you're not used to rational social situations and believe that because you are making this mod you have some sort of pedestal where you can abuse other people and insult their intelligence and say they're in denial, but to be honest. None of it counts when it comes to real life, so take some time off modding and go experience a social life which you clearly need, you're an arrogant guy which is also proved in your sig, you can hurl abuse at people on here all you want. You're just saying things which didn't happen in your posts in hopes that a moderator stumbles upon it and bans me, is that it? sad...

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

If you're still in denial, please visit my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rip31st?feature=mhw5

If you can't see the videos yourself, maybe you should contact youtube to see why you are in trouble with them.

Also if they weren't your videos, why the hell did you give me a link to YOUR youtube channel, you hypocrite.

Edited by Arma-2-Guru

What a drama - only because you couldnt see the vids on armaholic, oh my dear! :rolleyes:

I guess there should be more important stuff the see & read here...

What a drama - only because you couldnt see the vids on armaholic, oh my dear! :rolleyes:

I guess there should be more important stuff the see & read here...

Haha, tell me about it. I simply said "Why have the videos been taken down?" because I wanted a good preview of the mod, but no. I guess that question was way out of line :)

Arma-2-Guru, can you please use paragraphs when posting.

It gives the literary impression of running out of breath without them.

:cool:

Arma-2-Guru and why you didnt ask this question to the one who is responsible for writing/changing news at armaholic?? Isnt this more logical? ;)

now back to topic enough OT

Arma-2-Guru and why you didnt ask this question to the one who is responsible for writing/changing news at armaholic?? Isnt this more logical? ;)

now back to topic enough OT

Because I thought it would be quicker just asking Rip31st since it's his mod and I was already inquiring about something else :)

Anyway, just gonna let this subject die now, like they say "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded" ;)

allied weapons seem to have no mp compatibility , any solution?

Here are some mortar improvements in regards to incoming sound and explosions:

Pitch of incoming round changes based on player location, round location. Sound of explosion changes dependant upon distance.

End result...a very nice effect!

I like it anyway :)

BUG: also vilas ammo boxes dont apear in editor

any way to get allied weapons working in mp? or is it just me having this problem?

Men just spawn unarmed , but its fine in SP

BUG: also vilas ammo boxes dont apear in editor

any way to get allied weapons working in mp? or is it just me having this problem?

Men just spawn unarmed , but its fine in SP

Please use the search function for this thread, you will find the answers. :rolleyes:

K98 & M1 Garand demo: tracer's added, different colors per side. AI use of tall grass for concealment with Vis. geo LOD added.

Edited by Rip31st

UPDATE 4/08/10:

Improved performance infantry, with new textures, portraits, rank overlays are nearly complete.

*note: colored soldiers removed from US regular infantry ranks, same will occur with most infantry units. Only specific units will have colored soldiers.

Is this an updation for 1.00 news or a patch released for the current beta Mod? It seems I couldn't find the updation file for downloading.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Now are reworking for a full rank range of SS tank crews and Assault gun crews for T-Roc's awesome tank packs. This modification addon would be for his tanks in 31st Mod. Some screenshoots for crew officer and private.

* c9.jpg

* c4.jpg

* c8.jpg

* c3.jpg

*c9-1.jpg

Edited by FKPLACE

^ you might wanna remove the tags before a moderator gets you.

The original models were granted by T-Roc for this purpose and got his kindly permission!

Please use the search function for this thread, you will find the answers. :rolleyes:

ah ok found it for the mp issue

was there a fix for the vilas ammo boxes? couldnt find it

I didn't redo the vilas ammo boxes or weapons crates for the beta. You could potentially make your own within your own missions. They are easy to do.

1.00 will feature new ones.

Online multiplayer testing of the mortars is complete. They work awesome!

Edited by Rip31st

Really awesome work with mortar. Congratulations to your team, more stuff with quality like this ! And remember to keep realism for example with accuracy and ballistics.

We're currently reworking out entire weapons library to real world data.

Our goal is to make all period weapons handle and behave as realistically as we can.

Here are some images of my 101st and 82nd Airborne which will be in the next release

buldozer2010-04-1321-18-59-78.jpg

buldozer2010-04-1321-19-56-74.jpg

buldozer2010-04-1321-20-51-69.jpg

buldozer2010-04-1321-21-46-79.jpg

buldozer2010-04-1321-24-15-22.jpg