I have enhanced mentioned code a bit:

//weapon bug fix
if (local player) THEN
{
sleep 2;

hint "Grenade Bug fixed";

_weapons = [];
_magazines = [];

//restore default loadout of chosen class - for unknown reasons, this fixes the bug (probably a locality problem?)

{
	if (!(_x in (getArray (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> format ["%1",typeOf player] >> "weapons")))) THEN
	{
		_weapons = _weapons + [_x];
	};
} forEach weapons player;
{
	if (!(_x in (getArray (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> format ["%1",typeOf player] >> "magazines")))) THEN
	{
		_magazines = _magazines + [_x];
	};
} forEach magazines player;

removeallweapons player;
removeallItems player;

{player addmagazine _x;} foreach _magazines;
{player addweapon _x;} foreach _weapons;

_weapons = getArray (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> format ["%1",typeOf player] >> "weapons");
_magazines = getArray (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> format ["%1",typeOf player] >> "magazines");

{player addmagazine _x;} foreach _magazines;
{player addweapon _x;} foreach _weapons;

//this makes sure that even the 31stN units have the essentials

IF !(player hasWeapon "ItemCompass") THEN {player addWeapon "ItemCompass"};
IF !(player hasWeapon "ItemMap") THEN {player addWeapon "ItemMap"};
//IF !(player hasWeapon "ItemRadio") THEN {player addWeapon "ItemRadio"};
IF !(player hasWeapon "ItemWatch") THEN {player addWeapon "ItemWatch"};

//select weapon so respawned units may shoot at once

if (count weapons player > 0) then
{
	player selectWeapon (_weapons select 0);
};
};

I have added some lines to keep weapons that have been added in the editor. Before, these had been deleted by the script.

---

I may add that this script fixes the bug for players only. Since the problem seems to be locality of the weapons, may be a workaround for all units would be to call that script for all units where they are local.

Still better would be to fix the configs, of course (I guess they cause the bugs).

D.

yea i opened it up in mp/ editor....

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

i cant believe how big my rpt was after a fresh delete and opening up a test mission once..

rpt and init i used included.......

http://www.filefront.com/15863341/Bsilenced%2031st%20rpt.rar

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

after using this init i had my weapon but still missing this or that addon obviously..

I was reading your arma.rpt and it appears that you are attempting to work on a mission that you originally started prior to any patching. This error is common to it when that occurs: "Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

vilas_stare"

I would delete that mission or just start a new one.

Are there any way to script paradrops?:)

[_plane] execVM "Aqu_Scripts\paraDrop.sqf"; // 1 sec interval

[_plane, _interval] execVM "Aqu_Scripts\airborne\paraDrop.sqf";

Aqu, could you possibly post an example mission (or include one with the mod's next release, whenever that is) with your paradrop script for the uber noobs? It would certainly help me (and I'd imagine other, less scripting-savvy folks) to learn it a bit easier.

Aqu, could you possibly post an example mission (or include one with the mod's next release, whenever that is) with your paradrop script for the uber noobs? It would certainly help me (and I'd imagine other, less scripting-savvy folks) to learn it a bit easier.

I suppose you handle the mission editor.

1) Give a name to the plane used for the para drop (In this example "C47")

2) make a trigger which fires for some reason (e.g the plane flyes into it) or possibly a waypoint for the plane (note: if the plane is flying high, the trigger needs to be big - radius at least as much as the flying altitude)

3) Put into the activation block the command:

[C47] execVM "Aqu_scripts\airborne\paradrop.sqf";

Note: If you are flying the c-47, there is always the option "para drop" in the action menu if you are flying higher than the min safe altitude.

I suppose you handle the mission editor.

1) Give a name to the plane used for the para drop (In this example "C47")

2) make a trigger which fires for some reason (e.g the plane flyes into it) or possibly a waypoint for the plane (note: if the plane is flying high, the trigger needs to be big - radius at least as much as the flying altitude)

3) Put into the activation block the command:

[C47] execVM "Aqu_scripts\airborne\paradrop.sqf";

Note: If you are flying the c-47, there is always the option "para drop" in the action menu if you are flying higher than the min safe altitude.

That's what I tried to do before posting here, but I get an error saying "Type Script, expected Nothing" when putting your code into the trigger.

That's what I tried to do before posting here, but I get an error saying "Type Script, expected Nothing" when putting your code into the trigger.

Ah, oh yes...it's a bit strict you have to get all returned values. Put it like this..

tmp=[C47] execVM "Aqu_Scripts\airborne\paradrop.sqf";

I just saw some screenshoots in ARMA2 Info website. It seems there would be a new 101st paratroopers in 1.00 release and from a total different addon maker?

I just saw some screenshoots in ARMA2 Info website. It seems there would be a new 101st paratroopers in 1.00 release and from a total different addon maker?

link?

Oh yes, right, WIP. We are in the process of improvements before the 1.00 release of this mod. Take a look at Gaz's work:

new101st.jpg

Very good so far. There are more improvements in the works with these troops. This is his 1st attempt.

Dose this mod have the small US landing craft? Because if it dose, mine isant showing it :/

Dose this mod have the small US landing craft? Because if it dose, mine isant showing it :/

lcm3xx.jpg

lcm3xx.jpg

Ok it dose then :) What dose it show under please? :)

Check Under Empty i might be there.(with a lot of other stuff)

Can't fully say as i haven't got the game :(

blufor>ww2 us>31stwc>lcm3

blufor>ww2 us>31stwc>lcm3

Ok thanks mate :)

Anything I can do to help.

Oh yes, right, WIP. We are in the process of improvements before the 1.00 release of this mod. Take a look at Gaz's work:

Very good so far. There are more improvements in the works with these troops. This is his 1st attempt.

Oh, the best WW2 us para I ever saw in this game. Hope it could be done to catch the 1.00 release!

Yes they will be in there.

I just download this mod and some addons and put them in my ArmA2 installation folder. I have just one question.

Is this line correct to run 31st Normandy mod with addons? Thanks!

"D:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe" -mod=@31stWWA2; @bet_addons_1_45; @bet_huertgen_snow -nosplash

Yes, that should be ok. But remember Huertgenwald is also available in a newer version than provided with 31st normandy.

Also you should consider using Goarma or Armalauncher or something like that to manage/start mods in an easier way.