Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

DID ANYBODY notice when i use for exmp. CDF uaz with dshk there is no gunner aswell for other vehicles when i disable this mod everything is fine

I guess that is not my 88, because I don't use such a texture (unless Rip has added something).

I understand you want to create some missing Brit stuff, but why put effort on some stuff which is here already. Not saying you couldn't do that, but somehow it would feel bit more useful to add something new as you say your mod is to run together this mod ("This addon-Mod is to be used together with 31stWWA2 mod. The Vehicles use the 31stWWA2 Drivers, Gunners, Commanders and Pilots.").

My guess would be that he's been working on the British stuff before the mod was released with the goal to release it to the public?

Found the mod release and used the units to man and use the weapons.

In my opinion the weapons look great.

And to have some of the weapons the brits lacked if great.

The PIAT fits in perfectly with the 44 setting.

The owen was more of a pacific and commonwealth weapon if i recall.

The BOYS A.T rifle was obsolete in 1944 but did see alot of use early in the war in the desert against the lighter armored tanks of the time Panzer I mainly and the Panzer II (if lucky) so these additional weapons in my opinion are a decent boost for the British forces in the mod.

it doesn't overly matter if there are a couple of things with more than one model in the mod.

Vilas weapons were looking dated in ArmA i don't know how they look in Arma II but i wouldn't guess at much better.

The more content the Better :D

Anyways keep up the good work.

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

The british 50ID soldiers seem nice. But the officer looks not correct in color of beret. In addition, could you please also remove the soviet ammo pouch from the kits of those soliders?

I took care of the fixes with the 50th and the VIL inf. I will upload them as a patch later tonight.

I just posted and addon mod to run alongside 31stWWA2 mod,

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96563

Some British vehicles and weapons

Rip if wanna have this stuff included you got my permission ;-)

Greetz Waxbutter

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will do

More bug reports :

- when placing empty 31stWC => Flak36 8.8cm the following message appeared :

"cannot load material file ca\wheelded\data\mhhwv_regular_1.rvmat"

- I jumped out of an airplane with alliedchute, landed in a heavely wooded area.

The chute bounced on top of the trees (collision detection), finally killing me.

(maybe decrease the size of the geometry)

Greetz Waxbutter

Will fix this tonight and include it in the patch

when I try to use the pak38 in the editer the I get a ctd

I will look into this. Can anyone else replicate this ctd?

Can you tell me if you are using other mods? Also when does it specifically happen?

thanks

Edited by Rip31st

Odd problem with Bofors AA gun, firstly you can't kill the gunner when hes in place, bullets go straight through him. Secondly, if I get in and move the gun at all and then tell an AI to get in, he pops right back out. (This was using the 50th British units, didnt test any others).

is there any public and populated server running this beatifull mod?

Odd problem with Bofors AA gun, firstly you can't kill the gunner when hes in place, bullets go straight through him. Secondly, if I get in and move the gun at all and then tell an AI to get in, he pops right back out. (This was using the 50th British units, didnt test any others).

I will take a look at this later this evening and if I can figure out something there will be a fix. There will be a fix for sure for the gunner not dying while hit.

Updated mission: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9787 Black out Co-13 (@) Thanks gunner

only the Normandy map could need a grass surface insted of the dark mud color it have now
Indeed, it looks so dark when you look over a big field etc..:)
It's the sat mask that does that. I can lighten it up and add more colors to it.

Please do:D I find it gets darker the longer I play and interferes with scoped weapons also.

Great Release even though its a beta!!!!!!

Hi guys/girls just a quick one, wot do i do with the 2 patches after i download them? normaly just run them but no option with these. do i just place them in the @31stWWA2 file?

thanks

Yes, just opverwrite theold pbo´s with the new ones.

remember the patches are kumulative

So do i delete the old one`s from the folder,or just place the new one`s in?

first copy the first patch in, overwriting the old ones... then do the same with the second patch...

UPDATE: 3/14/10

Version .99c

-Fixed texture issue with flak36 8.8cm

-Fixed issue with Vilww2 infantry spawning into the ground and body being distorted

-Fixed issue with 50th ID infantry spawning into the ground and body being distorted

-Fixed collision detection with ww2 parachutes

-Gave the ability for the 31stwc class aircraft to attack ground and air targets

-Bofors crew can now be killed

Look for a link in the first page of this thread for download when it becomes available. This will be the last patch until the full version 1.00 is released.

The 1.00 release will contain more refined, retextured units, more fixes, a universal weapons system, and additional models, map corrections and additions.

In the next few days a version of WW2 Warfare will be released. It will contain additional addons for the warfare mission.

-Rip31st

Good news and now you could go to bed..

Thanks I will. I haven't had a day off in 8 days now and won't for another 7. I need the sleep :butbut:

Good news!

Will there be on the Warfare also finally Serverkeys?

Otherwise it makes no sense

Just had my first go at this last nite and wow! Really nice job fellas :)

Stupid question but I was unable to locate any Allied Armor in the editor :confused:

Hey rip great work

I have edited some config files to get the British 50th into groups with a HQ, MG, Infantry and AT groups and also created PIAT, Boys and Thompson smg soldiers(from wx's weapons. If these are usefull to you let me know by pm and I can mail them to you. Also if you want other groups making maybe I can help.

Hey rip great work

I have edited some config files to get the British 50th into groups with a HQ, MG, Infantry and AT groups and also created PIAT, Boys and Thompson smg soldiers(from wx's weapons. If these are usefull to you let me know by pm and I can mail them to you. Also if you want other groups making maybe I can help.

Sure that would be great. Send me a pm and lets get together on it.

Just had my first go at this last nite and wow! Really nice job fellas :)

Stupid question but I was unable to locate any Allied Armor in the editor :confused:

Blufor>ww2 usa>allied armor ... *given you have all the patches installed.

Hey Rip31st.

I downloaded this mod when it was first released. Have you done more detailed work to the Normandy map rather than a bunch of trees and bushes formed in H's and made towns like Carentan historically correct?

This is not meant to rag on the mod... I actually want to know because I was excited for the map... and then it was a bit of a let down with the lack of detail. I understand the map is HUGE, but you can advertise and sell a much better mod with just the map alone being worked on.