Sign in to follow this  
superrat

Photoshop camo patterns

Greyscales are not existing - thats why I am awaiting your and you can probably imagine how it looks as a texture in 2d :P

About vivid: not exactly, that was my greatest problem. Every lighter camo is visible in short distance but believe me, 75m+ and you really have troubles with finding this guy.

Yes, I need grayscales ASAP and then I will do more tests - I will make it darker if needed :)

I use CDF militia soldier (soldier_co), then CDF soldier (helmet) (soldier - thats the name of the model), and then officer (cdf_commander), at (soldier_at), CDF crewman and pilot.

Huh, quite much, and then some spetznatz models as Recces.

I can hand it for now without greyscales I think, but would be great to have that video you told you gonna create. If I learn how to do this at once, I will be self-sufficient and I will save time for others.

looks really good mate...pm me your email address would you i'll try sending these over to you.

Sas troop those reskins look good all kind camo patterns just google it

Edited by SuperRat

oh sas forgot to ask what program are you using GIMP or PS? i'm using PS7 coz im old school just want to make sure what i send you will work for you.

Basic USMC model in A2 uses very similar uv mapping like most infantry models in A1. This means you can take the very plain A1 OPFOR crew body texture and make a nice grayscale out of it. You can also enhance the grayscale with its corresponding normal map :cool:.

oh sas forgot to ask what program are you using GIMP or PS? i'm using PS7 coz im old school just want to make sure what i send you will work for you.

Juste a note : the current version of Gimp can open the photoshop native .PSD format without a problem.

Thats what i figured...i just didn't want to send it in any of the million other formats I seem to have in my Photoshop, when you've been using for for years you accumulate file extensions like you wouldn't believe!

I have both Photoshop PS3 and GIMP, but I ussually work with Gimp while PS is backup pogram (mainly for great filters)

Ok great well i'm away on business right now but when i get back i'll send some over

Basic USMC model in A2 uses very similar uv mapping like most infantry models in A1. This means you can take the very plain A1 OPFOR crew body texture and make a nice grayscale out of it. You can also enhance the grayscale with its corresponding normal map :cool:.

Yeah thats how I made a grayscale. The RACS pilot/crew worked very well (as did their equipment textures)

Is this thread still opened for templates discussion ?

I'm trying to create a CHEDAKI .Psd file to put in my new camouflage. But i don't know how to create the template as RCIR did for spetsnaz and MVD units textures...

sorry my dutch army addon ended up being a monster...as soon as i get that out of the way (this week) i will release my grey scales and my tutorial vids. again sorry for the delay

Those PSD's will be welcomed. Made some texture work in ArmA1 and could maybe have a go if i get time here as well.

Thanks Aeneas for releasing them.