Sign in to follow this  
cri74

For players, by players (Non profit)

Battle.no invites you !

I feel this has not got the attention it needs.

I hope you are all aware of the possibilites of battle.no to make new servers for the community, all free of charge. Battle.no is a non-profit community for player by players. In other words all players are able to make new servers for the community in Arma2. We are able to put up 5-10 more servers 2009-2010 if there are more admins that wants to give it a shot. Personally i have no knowlege of any other community with this possibility either in US or EU (it is all done by sponsorship), its pretty much up to the players and members in BIS forums to make it happen. Who else do you know offering brand new servers with no cost what so ever? If you see a demand for a server, or would like to put one up that you would like to see online public, here is your chance to make it happen :)

Here is our setup

CPU : AMD 2CPU@3,2GHZ 8 Core

Bandwith: 40+ GB up/down

Most scandinavians will enjoy a ping of 8 -15

Most northern european countries will enjoy a ping of 20-30

ALL SERVERS

Everyone are welcome !

We hope this will be a good alternative when you want to play public, as mentioned the servers and the forums are not owned by any clan/team/squads, but belong to the community. In other words this is a chance to make what ever we want, we are given the tools and we(the players) make the rules...THAT MEANS YOU ! If you want to contribute you are welcome to join us, or by forums decide how the servers will be managed and what the community will focus on. Regardless of experience or skill level we are looking for players, mission makers, mod makers, server admins......etc....whatever level you would like to work on you are welcome to join in the fun. There are nearly 200 people working as volunteers at Battle.no on different levels. Exactly 0 people are receiving payment or benefits for the extraordinary work they do. You are invited to take part in a growing community.

WWW.BATTLE.NO

Is sponsored by TV2, Norways largest commercial TV station (Thanks TV 2 for this opportunity). News and articles at battle.no are connected to partners nation wide such as spillmagasinet.no and various newspapers both online and in paper form. All servers are named TV2 so please filter us to find us :)

Edited by cri74

Very good initiative :thumbsup:

It looks similar to this project: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=90019&highlight=armacom

But without sponsorship, only the willingness of one person who lends a server.

Whisper does the same thing with his pvp oriented: PingZero and the server you see in my sig is free for all.

Edited by Lonestar

Read your PM CRI. Have a great day. One day I would hope that the various groups trying to get community servers going would put their heads together toward a common goal using a universal server naming format to help players find them.

Read your PM CRI. Have a great day. One day I would hope that the various groups trying to get community servers going would put their heads together toward a common goal using a universal server naming format to help players find them.

What do you mean by "universal server naming"? I'm not sure i get the idea. I think each community managed server related to a region of the world should keep its identity.

For example i administrate a free of charge server ( see signature) for the french-speaking community and english is tolerated in the in game chat but on TeamSpeak only French is allowed otherwise it is not possible to understand each other providing not everybody speaks english.

KELLO and Streetsin from ARMACOM did you contact them?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1504045#post1504045

Edited by Lonestar

Great initiative,

Personaly i would like to admin a server for small coop (max around 16 players) games for european players. No Evolution/Domination or that kind of missions but just good old coop scenarios for the public.

Not sure thats what u guys aiming for but if u do let me know.

Thanks in advance.

What do you mean by "universal server naming"? I'm not sure i get the idea. I think each community managed server related to a region of the world should keep its identity.

For example i administrate a free of charge server ( see signature) for the french-speaking community and english is tolerated in the in game chat but on TeamSpeak only French is allowed otherwise it is not possible to understand each other providing not everybody speaks english.

KELLO and Streetsin with ARMACOM did you contact them?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1504045#post1504045

Well something like ARMACOM. Basically a short universal identifier that links all community (non-clan, non-league) hosted servers together. That way people can go to FILTERS and add in say the 1st 3 letters of the 'linked identifier' and then you get the list of them all.

Example:

ACS ARMACOM.....

ACS TV2 - 1 Players Choice by #vote

ACS .......

ACS could stand for Arma Community Servers. It may sound redundant having ACS ARMACOM since they kind of represent the same thing, but with that they could rename the server to something else if they like. It's kind of a suggestion because if I want to find the community servers all I would have to do is Remember the linked ID (i.e. ACS).

Awesome stuff! Is it possible to let mission makers use one of the servers to test their missions properly?

Yes it is Celery, we are looking for all kinds of people that want to contribute to the community. The servers we are hosting now are managed by a small group that tends to play toghether, but by putting more admins into battle.no it is possible to make new servers with any purpose. We have a forum, server park and public teamspeak with about 15 000 subscribers where its possible to inform the comunity about anything and everything regarding Tv2 servers(battle.no) so i hope the community will put it to good use and make new servers and host them for the public players. All the resources are there for the taking :)

The forums are multilingual though it tends to attract scandinavians, admins atm are from all over europa so its no problem to sbscribe and give your oppinions in the Arma2 section of the forums in english. I've tried to keep it as updated as possible so all can view the current information about the servers and be able to give thier opinion as such.

As mentioned there is no clan/squad or team alliance so everyone are invited to join. If you have a idea or want to put up a server its possible to do so by joining the admins group by application in the forums. The organization is there with their own support group, personell department and organized admins group for server admins. The community was started in 2005, but the Arma2 section is new and added by intresst for the game when it was released.

Edited by cri74

Hi guys, looks like we all have a common goal here, to get the community playing together in regulated servers, I'm all for helping each other out, let me know what s needed;)

Thanks for the response, Tom made a new community group.. i suggest all join in.

Still looking for dedicated admins for new servers :)

In July 2009 battle.no hosted its first Arma2 server and by September the servers where running high quality missions and filling themselves with players from all over Europe, the popularity grew and we where able to see a demand for more servers as the two existing servers where filling up and players where left in the lobby waiting eagerly to get into a game on the Tv2 servers. With the success of the two previous servers the Arma2 team at battle.no are proud to present two brand new servers for the game. We hope to see more players on Tv2 servers and wish continue to host great missions and fantastic gameplay for all players.

m4.png

m21.png

Edited by cri74