Sign in to follow this  
The Toolman

War against terrorism mod?

There must be hundreds of "kill taleban" missions, I guess..

But, why make a mod, because we have games dedicated

to terrorism, like Rainbow Six..

Treu, but I think Operation Flashpoint is cooler than Rainbow Six, ( Are there Taleban missions in Rainbow six, anyway?) and It would be a cool mod,if you could travel to Afghanistan first, followed by Iraq, and maybe even Palestina(gna gna,)

Ain't you guys tired of all the terrorism-mods and games out there?

Read the daily news and you should get your daily dose of terrorism hehe biggrin.gif

To me the subject have been wrned out of all the media exposure. There's never any new to it.

Overview: crazy black-bearded man with his thumb on a button.

Objective: kill black-bearded man before he can push his button.

It never changes. It's all the same over and over again sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Toolman @ April 02 2002,16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Treu, but I think Operation Flashpoint is cooler than Rainbow Six, ( Are there Taleban missions in Rainbow six, anyway?) and It would be a cool mod,if you could travel to Afghanistan first, followed by Iraq, and maybe even Palestina(gna gna,)<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah... Palestine is a terror nation, because they try and defend their national territory from an invading force?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 02 2002,18:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Toolman @ April 02 2002,16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Treu, but I think Operation Flashpoint is cooler than Rainbow Six, ( Are there Taleban missions in Rainbow six, anyway?) and It would be a cool mod,if you could travel to Afghanistan first, followed by Iraq, and maybe even Palestina(gna gna,)<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah... Palestine is a terror nation, because they try and defend their national territory from an invading force?

Sorry, couldn't resist.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah Palestine IS defending itself. Its not even a fully reconised country meaning they don't have an offical country of their own (I think but I might be wrong which I'd be willing to accept). They want their own country. Why go into Palestine anyway? Most western people just boast that theres nothing there anyway.

I can see how a realistic anti AQ mod would be:

Watch B-52s bomb a mountain for days.

When you carefully examine the mountain, you find:

3 dropped Bhurkas

A rifle from ww1, not working.

A couple of sheep, very dead.

2 fake beards

Some sheep droppings and

lots of rocks.

By using standard military math you claim at least

3 shoes + 1 AK + 2 sheep = 312 confirmed kills

and 2 fake beards + pile of shit + rocks = 200+ possible kills.

Your local allies, suddenly very rich, are very sure that no enemies escaped to Pakistan.

I don't think that the Palestinians are just defending their land.

I mean they go around killing innocent Jewish civilians everyday in clubs, bars and other neat places.

How are they defending themselves by killing innocent civilians.

I don't think it's defense when someone goes into a night club with a bomb strapped to their chest and blow up a bunch of people having a nice relaxing time.

Isreal atleast has tried to show some restraint, but I don't see how they can when the Palestinians constantly try to kill them.

Even a week ago when there was hopeful talks about a cease fire and Isreal said it won't attack, and Arafat said so too, guess what?? More Palestinian suicide bombers??

What does that mean even though at the time Isreal said they were willing to try peace?

I don't think the Palestinians want peace. Simple as that, I think that they just want to drive Isreal into the sea.

At least the Isrealis don't go intentionally killing civvies. They mainly try to attack the terrorists, but if Palestinian civvies go throuwing rocks or start attacking the soldiers with guns, what do you expect the Isrealis to do?

Just my opinion though.

I'm sure there are many others here who know alot more about this than I.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 02 2002,23:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think that the Palestinians are just defending their land.

I mean they go around killing innocent Jewish civilians everyday in clubs, bars and other neat places.

How are they defending themselves by killing innocent civilians.

I don't think it's defense when someone goes into a night club with a bomb strapped to their chest and blow up a bunch of people having a nice relaxing time.

Isreal atleast has tried to show some restraint, but I don't see how they can when the Palestinians constantly try to kill them.

Even a week ago when there was hopeful talks about a cease fire and Isreal said it won't attack, and Arafat said so too, guess what??  More Palestinian suicide bombers??

What does that mean even though at the time Isreal said they were willing to try peace?

I don't think the Palestinians want peace.  Simple as that, I think that they just want to drive Isreal into the sea.

At least the Isrealis don't go intentionally killing civvies.  They mainly try to attack the terrorists, but if Palestinian civvies go throuwing rocks or start attacking the soldiers with guns, what do you expect the Isrealis to do?

Just my opinion though.

I'm sure there are many others here who know alot more about this than I.<span id='postcolor'>

Just for perspective, here is this, i got it from a friends website:

I have just received this message about a Palestinian-American student, and forward it for your interest. We certainly don't read all of the news in our newspapers.

MJ (Warner, New Hampshire)

From a former Pal-Am student who married and now lives in Bethlehem, Israel.

October 20, 2001

I have been in Palestine less than a month. I always knew this place was unstable and had mixed feelings to move here but God works in mysterious ways and has brought me here. The last three weeks, rumors spread that things would get better. Bethlehem has been shut down for over a year and for a town that survives in tourism, it is slowly dying and its inhabitants are suffering. The town is a virtual ghost town and most shops are closed. Permissions to Jerusalem are not granted so people here remain desolate.

Just when I thought life here could be possible and I was slowly settling in, Bethlehem was invaded. The Israelis have entered Bethlehem and the surrounding areas and their aim is yet to be determined. Today I experienced fear like never before. Life is almost worth nothing when you are here. Yesterday was very intense as I remained home and just remained calm as gunshots from the funerals nearby echoed through my house. But today the situation took a turn for the worse. There was shooting ALL DAY and the sounds were nerve wracking. Four innocent people got killed in Bethlehem today with random shooting and I saw one of the bodies as it was being dragged to the hospital. Blood everywhere!!! Victim one was a young 24 year old woman shot dead in her car. Victim number two was a young man in his early twenties who was shot as he was standing in Manger Square. Victim number three is a woman shot in the neck as she tries to leave her house for safety with her family while Israelis bullets were being fired at her home. Victim number four, a young man shot in his house as he was watching TV. Hospitals are full with people hurt and shot. The sounds of cries of sadness can be heard blocks away.

Being home alone in the morning, I managed to run to my in-law's house when I heard nothing and I ran like a sprinter. I stayed there all day and Jimmy stayed with me because the streets were just too dangerous for even media to circulate. An armored truck from the BBC was available to take us to Jerusalem but it was just too dangerous to get out. The checkpoint was a war zone and that is the only way out. The tanks have surrounded Bethlehem and two neighboring towns of Beit Jala and Beit Sahour. So we stayed in Bethlehem. At one point the tanks were stationed right in front of my house and I was so scared they would bomb it. Yesterday as Israeli tanks entered they damaged many cars and without any remorse damaging whatever stood in their way. Luckily my car was taken by Jimmy in the morning and put in a safe garage. It is new and I do not even have insurance for it. We were going to sleep at my in-laws and at one point as we were watching TV, two bombs went off. I just felt the house shaking and I started crying. I lost it. I had never heard a rocket hit before. We heard the helicopter and they shot at a building the suspected had snipers. IT WAS SO LOUD the house shook. My heart raced.

Now its almost ten in the evening. The Palestinian municipality has shut down the lights in the streets. We are in complete darkness. Jimmy and I were crazy and stupid enough to run home in the dark as his parents disapproved. My legs were trembling as I ran home in the dark not knowing when the shooters will shoot next! We came here to get packed to see if we can get to Jerusalem tomorrow that is if the shooting stops in the checkpoint. The Israeli army has already occupied buildings and hotels in the area and who knows what they will do next. They have destroyed buildings and they lay in rubbles. They are just throwing Arabs out of their homes and settling their tanks and guns. Three days under siege and food supply is going down. There is already a shortage of milk. Its getting worse. There is word of re-occupation as more and more tanks grow nearer. OCCUPATION!

I am full of rage and I have no way of releasing the anxiety and fear I felt today. I thought it would be almost healing to let you know my story. The world is clueless on how people in the Palestinian areas are treated. ITS INHUMAN!!!! Now I am saying it because I have seen it. Today I experienced the fear like everyone here. I am telling a story hoping to inform the outside world that we are being suppressed. The US claims they want peace yet they have not yet even put any pressure for the tanks to withdraw. They criticize yet remain dormant.

Maybe someone will listen and realize we are the victims and not the Israelis as the always claim they are. Today I say it with assurance!

here's a reservist acount of things:

"yesturday a kid no older than 6 year old approached us, he carrying a plastic bag. he went to us and put it 6 meters from us. and ran away. we ducked, and BANG! it went off.

we followed him and saw 2 grown up males, give these bomb bags to about 10-15 kids. and off they went.

we shouted them to stop. one of them took a kid and embraced him from the front and strated spraying us with his AK-47. the other one started lobbing grenades on us, again sheltered by 2 kids.

we retreated, and flanked them. they were going our way, and as soon as they saw us, they raised their weapons. we shot them on the spot. then a girl no older then 16 went out of one of the homes and tried to pick up a weapon. we threw a stun and she ran off.

we returned to our post.

on the radio they just told about a woman suicide bomber which, luckily, kiled only two people in jerusalem. a security officer, which blocked her way to a grocery store.

another victim was a 17 year old girl who just went out of it that time......"

This is a game forum, not a forum to debate middle east conflicts.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a game forum, not a forum to debate middle east conflicts.<span id='postcolor'>

So?

Many, many things have been debated here before. So long as this doesn't turn into a flame war, I suppose its fine. Should be in OT though. Or was that what you were trying to say?

Tyler

That was mostly my point yes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 02 2002,23:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I mean they go around killing innocent Jewish civilians everyday in clubs, bars and other neat places.<span id='postcolor'>

To put things in an extreme light, the nazis where also having a good time in their fancy clubs in Berlin, when allied bombers showered 1000s of civilians with death. I doubt anybody would ever call that terrorism.

La Resistance in France where also attacking anything related to Germany, using extreme measures, bombs, etc - even killing their own countrymen, should any of them compromise the greater goal - freedom.

When you have low resources, up against a huge army with tons of hardware, it's really not possible to "play by the rules".

I'm NOT excusing suicide bombing anyone - I think it's horrible! But DO take a look and consider what has pressured them into using that extreme option! I think they'd rather live in peace with their family, than die by their own bombs. People need to be under ALOT of pressure before using such extreme measures.

Firing Hellfire missiles into an apartment complex because you *think* there might be a sniper in there somewhere ... that is not terrorism?

Anyway, this subject is damn touchy. I'm butting out of this thread now, before it turns into a full scale flame war wow.gif

Yeah, let's end this discussion. I don't think we should be talking about this here.

I can't believe the narrow views people take on this conflict "Oh, the Palestinians are the bad guys, the Israelis are the good guys".

I take no sides here, both are as bas as each other. You always hear about the suicide bombers, but the Israeli attacks seem to get swept over in news reports. One I heard (and this is true, if you don't want to believe me, its your problem), was an Israeli attack chopper sent to destroy a car carrying a Palestinian leader. Result: Chopper gets wrong car, killing two children under 10 years old. I cant quote exact dates and times, but it was either early this year or late last year.

Please dont be so naive as to break this conflict into good guys vs. bad guys. I prefer to take a cue from thrash metal band S.O.D. "F**k the Middle East, there's too many problems".

EDIT: I agree that this should now be in Offtopic.

NO! now u've finally donr IT!

DONT U DARE COMPARE AN ACCIDENT WITH AN INTENDED MURDER!

those who target civvies are just punks with guns and explosives. and in war accidents happen.

might i remind u in 1991 when the US hit an iraqi bunker full of civvies? that was an acciden too.

its one thing when u target civvies by purpose and another one if u hit the unintentionaly.

so dont gimmie that cr*p!

u sound like some kind of REMF who saw desk-top action.

and one more thing. if u use civvies as a human shelter thats just proves ur BDMF and thats all.

and by the way. that reservist was me 2 months ago. mad.gif

How can you compare Nazi's with Israeli's, Its the Palestinians who bomb public civilian places when its crowded,while Israel evacuate's Palestinian public buildings first, so dont give me that Crap that Israel are the baddies, cause the Palestinian are Cowardly Terrorists,