Sign in to follow this  
tpw

Post processing bugs in betas?

First up, apologies if this is something unique to my setup rather than a bug. On my system (Asus P5K, 2Gb RAM, E6750 2.6GHz, 8800GT, WinXP SP3), the beta patches appear to have more advanced post processing effects than 1.04. In addition to the motion blur, bloom and running effects, with the betas there are nice image softening and depth of field effects when looking through scopes/iron sights etc.

The trouble is, they don't seem to be active by default. My post processing settings are high. If I freshly load up Arma2, and start playing, none of the post processing effects are evident. If I go to options and switch post processing from high to low and back to high again, then the above effects are active for the duration of my Arma session. Upon quitting and restarting, they're lost again. I can see postFX=2; in my arma2.cfg at all times though.

I have been unable to cure the problem by taking any of the following steps

- Disabling mods

- Fiddling nvidia 3D settings (191.07)

- Changing resolution or any other graphics settings

- Deleting and allowing Arma2 to rebuild arma2.cfg or my profile

- Reinstalling Arma2 and betas

It's not a show stopper but it is irritating, and seems to be some kind of shader issue. Have any of you also experienced this?

It doesnt come back if you disable in the options and then set back to high? I know this problem has been around for quite some time. Im running with "low" atm and that seems to be applied everytime i start the game. However on "high" i remember it was always (or often) off when i started and had to disable-enable to get it on.

I think there is a ticket about this problem. It has been discussed a lot though.

Thanks for the quick reply Alex72

It doesnt come back if you disable in the options and then set back to high?

Yep, that's exactly what it does. No matter what I do it starts disabled, but once disabled/enabled in options comes back just fine.

I think there is a ticket about this problem. It has been discussed a lot though.

Oops, shows how good my search skills are. Ah well, at least I know it wasn't something I'd done to my system

Thanks again

Make the ArmA2.cfg file read only, I had to do this as it kept starting with pp set to disabled and I had to re-enable it to high every time

had the same problem some weeks ago-try this:

-go to your ArmA2.cfg

-change HDRPrecision to the value: 32

-save the file and set it to read only

-start the game

Now you should have PPEs everytime you start the game (hopefully:cool:).

had the same problem some weeks ago-try this:

-go to your ArmA2.cfg

-change HDRPrecision to the value: 32

-save the file and set it to read only

-start the game

Now you should have PPEs everytime you start the game (hopefully:cool:).

Thanks WillaCHilla, that did the trick.

Gotta love this forum!

@tpw

Remember that you did that now. Next time you change something in the game it might not work and you forgot you set it to read-only. Happens the best of us. ;)

@tpw

Remember that you did that now. Next time you change something in the game it might not work and you forgot you set it to read-only. Happens the best of us. ;)

Duly noted :)

Actually, if you add both these lines, there is no need to set the file to read-only:

postFX=3;
HDRPrecision=32;

Where can I find my ARMA2 config again?

I can't remember where it was in my ARMA2 directory (if its even there)

The trouble is, they don't seem to be active by default. My post processing settings are high. If I freshly load up Arma2, and start playing, none of the post processing effects are evident. If I go to options and switch post processing from high to low and back to high again, then the above effects are active for the duration of my Arma session. Upon quitting and restarting, they're lost again. I can see postFX=2; in my arma2.cfg at all times though.

I have the same thing and thought it was just me, I wiped my config and tried but it still happens and on all betas and latest .. I just get used to flipping it to high on startup now.

Will try this config fiddle.

Edited by mrcash2009

Actually, if you add both these lines, there is no need to set the file to read-only:

postFX=3;
HDRPrecision=32;

Or if you wan't to use high setting instead very high use

postFX=2

HDRPrecision=16

No need to write protect file. It won't change back.