<a  href=f18_model.jpg' alt='f18_model.jpg'>

f18

can somebody to get it flying

iam new to this arma modeling

at this moment at is only a p3d file

a f18 in arma 2 would be nice as the usmc, spain, canada use them

bjorn

Edited by Bjorn Bakker

Ok, received your file and took a look at it. Sadly at the current state i can't help you much since a good portion of 3D editing is still necessary which i don't have enough of knowledge.

I'm posting here in public hoping that someone more skilled will read and offer help.

At least i can give you some points which should be done before i can get into the action.

But first, let me ask where you got that model from and if all needed permissions are at your side to use it.

Ok, the model looks indeed awesome but it needs some tweakings for best performance. Right now it is "too detailed" which sounds funny but what i mean is, if a surface is straight (not curved) it is okay to have as few (maybe even a single) polygon as possible instead of having dozens. Look at the model an reduce polycount as good as possible.

It still has reversed surface and at some points the model is not closed, in Buldozer you can see through.

It doesn't have a cockpit.

If you (or a kind soul) could work on this, i guess we are a huge step closer to a release.

And as said in the PM, i'll help you with doin what i can to bring it ingame but the release is up to you, meaning you'll get the credits to have released this baby.

Keep it up, Mate.

That looks awfully lot same as the one 3DS model I have from the 1990s (DLed from some BBS). When importing it to O2 it shows 13k polys, but it has lot of unnecessary vertices (assuming it is the same model).